Repeat me. Repeat me.

I have been so stressed out. Lately, I have been remembering the Serenity Prayer, which is often thought of in relation to Alcoholics Anonymous, although many outside of that use it for inspiration. Specifically, the part where they talk about accepting the things you cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference, really stands out. I pray anyway, but I really appreciate things like Serenity Prayer. Do you remind yourself of anything when you are stressed? I like to remind myself of my blessings as well. Hey, any churchgoers remember the hymn, "Count Your Blessings"?I Oh, to be able to afford a massage right about now!
Sorry you have been stressed..The Serenity Prayer is a good one. However, I can't really think of that prayer without the Seinfeld episode where Frank Costanza keeps yelling "Serenity Now." However, I hope you can find some!
That's hilarious.
@AmbiePam It really was!
@peavey (16788)
Now that hymn is going around and around in my mind. It's something to remember, for sure, and it's so easy to focus on what's wrong that we forget all about what's right. Granted, sometimes it seems like the "wrong" things are so much bigger than the "right" things at the moment. Still, focusing on what is right helps us deal better with what is wrong.
I don't know that song I am not a church goer but I love the son I am blessed. I listen to it a few times a day.
I need a massage too.
@JustBhem (39205)
• Davao, Philippines
I know I am too stress for these past weeks because of coughing and colds, sometimes I want to give in. But whenever I feel that now, I always keep reminding myself about the good and the support the boyfriend is showing me.
You do a good job, girl. You are an inspiration.
@JustBhem (39205)
• Davao, Philippines
@AmbiePam Thanks. Everyone here is also an inspiration.
@YrNemo (13335)
I often chant to myself (silently) the prayer of St Francis d'Assisi, Lord, make me an instrument of your peace... (to prevent myself from being aggressive & impulsive!) .
Good idea.
@cintol (6830)
Some things can not be changed so easily but a massage is a good way to go!
When I'm stressed, I turn to mylot or Netflix, or play with my dog.
Playing with our dogs is a great stress reliever!
@bunnybon7 (36883)
• Holiday, Florida
i keep telling myself i can make it. that i have been worse. just breathe and have faith.
We sang that song while at school. I know this serenity prayer as well. Life is easy when one is able to see the silver lining in a cloud. Hope you found that silver lining
I am so sorry you are having difficult times. I know "Count Your Blessings".And the Serenity Prayer.
@AmbiePam When I am stressed all I can think of is what I am stressed about.
I am no more a church goer, I do not remember that song, but may be I never heard that son in my country.
@SRSaba (1005)
• Chennai, India
I like to remind myself of my blessings! good, keep it up!!
I pray and ask God to take over, get it done for me.
I'm sorry you're so stressed. The Serenity Prayer is really special I feel. When I am in a situation I don't like I say to myself this time tomorrow it will all be over. This of course only works if the problem is very short-term but it does help me.
I never experience having a massage, good for you. I agree that we should count our blessings more.
@xiaolisu (1459)
i usually wander around in a old work place when i am stress out or say something to a old friend in WeChat
@Starmaiden (6570)
Meditation helps me relax. I breathe deeply and recite the one word mantra "peace" upon the exhale. It works wonders for me.
When we are in the spiritual mind set there is no stress and it's amazing! I try my best to stay in that mind set. When my carnal mind starts speaking, I pray, read the Bible and sing worship music. =)