Stay-at-Home vs Working Moms

@moichan (688)
I've been a stay-at-home mom right after giving birth and its been 10 months now. I can't trust anyone to take care of my baby especially with all the viral videos about abusive babysitters. Would you love your mom to stay at home or would you like her to work?
It would depend on what the dad did I guess. I wouldn't want my mother to stay at home if my father could barely make ends meet and I grew up with very little. If my father had a great job and the family didn't need a second income, then go for it Mom. I mean, there is also a thing called DAY CARE. Millions of children have gone through it and have survived just fine.
@rakski (24124)
I agree.
@moichan (688)
We don't have daycare where I am. You got a good point there. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you :)
• Uzbekistan
@moichan "We don't have daycare ***where I am***." Is there a special reason why you don't mention on your account page where that is?
@moichan While I was growing I wanted my mother to stay at home and be there when I got home from school but she preferred to be with my father at their place of business.
@moichan (688)
I know she would love to stay if given a chance. You've been a sweet child. I know your mom is proud to have you.
@moeybags (118)
she must have been a very busy woman.
@moichan She decided she wanted to be with my father instead of staying home. My mother, father and brother and sister were never proud of me. My grandfather was the only one that accepted me the only one I wanted to be with.
@Jessabuma (33128)
• Baguio, Philippines
I think stay at home for me hehe
@moichan (688)
Same goes for me :)
@Jessabuma (33128)
• Baguio, Philippines
@moichan that's nice
@moeybags (118)
If i were a mom i would prefer to work.
@rsa101 (16718)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Depends on the ability of dad to sustain the family. Or if the mom can find an online job then it would be fine and well so she won't get bored working at home. There are just moms who love to work and earn on her own so I think those kind of women cannot stay at home and be contented with it. But there are also women who are meant to be a mom as their chosen career.
@moichan (688)
Makes sense. I find it more challenging to be a stay-at-home mom than to be a working mom. I can't calculate my sleep and I don't have a substitute.
@rsa101 (16718)
• Quezon City, Philippines
@moichan If that suits you then I guess you should follow your heart.
@moichan (688)
@rsa101 thanks dear. :)
@LeaPea2417 (23203)
• Toccoa, Georgia
My Mom was a stay at home Mom & I was too.
@moichan (688)
Thanks for sharing! Being a mom is a 24/7 job. My adjusting period is getting better.
@moeybags (118)
my mom was a single mom and a working mom.
@moichan (688)
@moeybags salute! I always admire single moms. They're badass. They have all the guts to stand and take care of their kids.
@sol_cee (18436)
• Japan
I'd love my mom to be with me. I'm clingy like that. hehe
@moichan (688)
Oh you're so sweet. I hope my baby will be clingy to me when he gets big.
@moeybags (118)
Babies are a real hoot and so fun i have a baby cousin named addison she will be a year old this month.
@moichan (688)
@moeybags hugs and kisses to your cousin. They are really a bundle of joy
@Berrygal (5527)
I will always go for what works for me, I will stay home if need be
@moichan (688)
That's the only choice I have so far
@rakski (24124)
It is nice to be a stay at home mom provided the dad have more than enough resources for the bills, groceries, school and endless expenses.
@moichan (688)
Yes. That's true
• Lenox, Georgia
I'm also a stay at home mom but I provide childcare for other children so their parents can work and to help out with our bills too.
@moichan (688)
I wish I could do that too. My baby is too hyper and too young.
• Lenox, Georgia
@moichan I have been watching children since before my kids were born. Thank God it comes naturally to me. =)
@moichan (688)
@LovingMyBabies it'll be a miracle if I can handle more than one kid. Lol. Maybe it'll be easier by the time he gets bigger.
@tammys85 (12760)
My Mom was a stay-at-home Mom until my younger sister (the youngest of five kids) started school, and then she was a substitute teacher at our elementary school (while we were still attending and for many years). I'm glad we were able to see her at home and sometimes at school (and if she subbed our classes, no favoritism was shown). :)
@moichan (688)
That's cool. She can still monitor you in school. I was a preschool teacher 5 years ago. I enjoyed all of it aside from the pay.
@tammys85 (12760)
@moichan Yep, and it was easier for her to pick us up lol. I'm glad you enjoyed it for the most part. :)
@moichan (688)
@tammys85 I bet you can't misbehave because your mom was within the radar. Haha
@LeeShanty (103)
• Yogyakarta, Indonesia
I think if you ask it to kids, they prefer their mom just stay at home. But if you look at the family wallet and the need, like or nor, want it or not, it will be better if mom go to work to get some additional money and far away from depression feeling because don't have money.
@moichan (688)
You got a good point there. I grew up being left alone at home because my mom needed to work. It's been my first ever heartbreak. I felt abandoned as a kid.
• Yogyakarta, Indonesia
@moichan me too. I live with my grandpa since I was 6. my mother worked in the capital city in the past. Sadly, now I rarely with my son because of my job. m
@moichan (688)
@LeeShanty grandparents are the coolest. They are the spoilers of all time. Lol. Kids are lucky now since there's a lot of communication devices like laptops and smartphones. Back in my day, I would wait all day beside the landline phone waiting for my mom to call.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
That's ridiculous. You can't shelter your child forever. They are going to have to go to school at some point. And if you put them into school with no socialization it's going to be negative for your child.
@moichan (688)
He's still a baby. 10 months old. I can't entrust him to a nanny since he can't understand simple commands yet.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@moichan That has nothing to do with the kid. You are being ridiculous. Nannies are there to take care of the kid not the other way around. Why would a kid need to take commands to be watched by a nanny. Your excuses are silly. You just don't want to leave the baby.
@moichan (688)
@thislittlepennyearns I didn't say I'll be a stay-at-home parent forever. You're getting the wrong idea deary. Where I'm from, we work 9 hours a day + 4 hours travel time. I can't entrust my baby to a nanny that long for 5 days a week.
@lady1993 (20692)
it depends on each person and the situation though... since some couples can't afford to stay at home, others have their family members to watch over their kids But if it was me, i'd take a leave too, since i want to spend time with my kid for at least a few years
@moichan (688)
I do have trust issues when it comes to people taking care of my baby. It's the downside of being a psychology graduate. I can read people's intention by observing them
@lady1993 (20692)
@moichan hmm, then wouldn't it be a good skill though... since you can pinpoint if someone is lying to you
@moichan (688)
@lady1993 it is but it hurts. I don't let them know that they're obviously lying.
It depends on situations,if the baby is small better with mother at home
@moichan (688)
Yes. A minute away from me makes my baby cry.
@moichan they really need a mother than somebody else to make them happy
@jobelbojel (9031)
With all that viral videos I have seen that brutally abuse child, I would tell my mom to stay or work at home.
@moichan (688)
That's my reason too. I can't imagine what I'll feel if those will happen to my baby
@moeybags (118)
@moichan i love little babies they are so cute and so precious.
@Shellyann36 (11257)
Those videos are awful! My Mama was a stay at home mom and I was blessed.
@moichan (688)
It is and as a mom, I can't help but watch it. I need to be informed on how protective I should be.
• Marikina, Philippines
Pack lunch for my son.
I enjoy being work-from-home mom and I started last June. You are right, it is hard to trust someone with the life of your baby. I enjoy staying at home because I can have full 8 hours sleep, I can do the laundry while working and I can prepare healthy packed lunches for my kids like the picture I posted.
@moichan (688)
That's my target too. Thank you.
@JustBhem (46097)
• Davao, Philippines
I don't have my baby so I can't relate. Kidding. Of course, I want to take care of my own baby. As what you've mentioned, we cannot trust people these days. And I prefer working at home which is what I'm doing.
@moichan (688)
If you have pets then you are counted as a furbaby parent. Lol. I'll try having a home-based job once I found a helper.
@JustBhem (46097)
• Davao, Philippines
@moichan I can't even have a pet for the fear that I'm too lazy most of the time.
@moichan (688)
@JustBhem I used to have cats before I had a baby. I I just make sure that their bowl is full and their litter clean. They are the best pets because their clean and independent.
@dodo19 (34300)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I did stay home for a while with my kids, but now I'm back at work. Things were pretty tight, and we needed a second income. I don't really mind though. It's worth it. I do know that my kids are going to a good school and a good daycare. So, I'm really not worry.
@moichan (688)
I wish I could do that too. I don't really want to give my husband a hard time.
@dodo19 (34300)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@moichan I know it's not easy. It's a hard choice to make. I have been lucky, as my husband did respect my choice to stay home and didn't give me a hard time. And he agreed it'd be easier if I started working again. So, I have been lucky. Take some time and think about it.
@moichan (688)
@dodo19 yes I will. Thank you!
@kprofgames (3103)
The sad part of our world is no family can life off one income. Unless one parent really makes great money at one job. I would love to be a stay at home mom. It isn't possible.
@moichan (688)
Yes. That's the downside of being in middle class. If I knew I'll have a baby, I should have saved more, way lot more.
@moichan on the flip side of that sometimes the men have to stay at home with the kids while mom is working. Lay offs, etc. happen. This kind of thing has happened twice to my daughter where she worked and her hubby stayed at home with the 4 girls......he knows all about princess playtime and how to do hair. lol
@moichan (688)
@kprofgames that's really sweet of the dad. I can imagine how they enjoy playtime. Lol. My uncle used to do the same to me since both parents worked for 10 years.