Good Morning Mylot World

I haven't been on Mylot very much lately because I had to spend time with my art. I am done with the line of sillyness I put on the top of my art. (called a graphic). It takes a lot of time to get it done and I did 28 during the last few days. I love what I do and it makes me good money every month. How do I do that? I found something I enjoyed doing and work at it and when done, I deliver my art to one store in a very popular tourist place. The “Tourist” is the important part, because thousands of travelers see my art and a lot of them take it home with them. For example, when my best friend's mother moved into a beautiful senior home in Kelowna British Columbia on the west coast, my friend sent me a photo of her mother standing next to one of my pieces of art. Someone (we have no idea who) bought one of my pieces and took to west and gave it to the home. Touched my heart. The photo was from years ago and I didn't do a graphic back then, but know I do and it makes my art move faster. This is fall now, the local wineries turned on their bang boomers...it very loud sounding like guns that keep the birds out of the vineyards and hoping to save the grapes. It is so loud even I jump every once in a while when I hear the noise. I love wine so I don't mind the noise but I am always happy when harvest is over and the wine is being made inside. Today my porch was dark when I got up. I have a timer that turns on my strings of light on my back porch so when I get up early its not dark in the house. Today was dark. I forgot we had no electricity for a couple of hours, which screwed up my timer. I fixed it... Nothing else going on here in my neighborhood, except my daughter is arriving today and I am looking forward to see and her dog. I hope you will enjoy the weekend
Yes you have not been around and surely you were missed Happy Birthday there on Labor Day
You are so kind. Thank you. My business is going to reduce the time needed as soon as it get cold...looking forward to some time off - during the winter although I will be painting just not all the time...
It is a nice feeling when one's art is appreciated - and getting paid for it too. This weekend heralds the beginning of September - my birth month. So I am hoping it will be a happy one.
Happy Birthday to you, I am having a birthday, I was born on Labor Day.
@PainsOnSlate Wonderful! have a great birthday.
@Kandae11 You too!
Your work is wonderful and glad that you enjoy it. Have a great visit with your daughter today.
I am enjoying my daughter very much, we were running around in my area. We had our toe nails done to celebrate my birthday - a tradition.
@sueznewz2 (10155)
• Alicante, Spain
nice to see/hear from you again ... sounds like you've had a busy but successful summer ... love your work in the post photo...but it does look very labour intensive ...did it leave you with dots before your eyes
I am so used to dots thay don't bother me. I love what i do, and i am very happy with the new graphics, it takes time but its worth it beause they sell much better than the old style (like the one in the photo).
That's great that you have that kind of place to take your art to, and a lot of people can see them and take the home with them. I wish we had something like that here, or anywhere I could sell mine. And I like the art in the photos!
@PainsOnSlate Well we will have to try, it's hard to know which places will go for it, but never know unless we ask. The painting on canvas and wood sounds fun too, but I am glad you found the slate that you like better. Sometimes I wish I could paint by hand.
@MommyOfEli2013 give it a try you might find that you are really good with color and paint.
@PainsOnSlate I want to try, just need to be able to buy the stuff to do so.
@DaddyEvil (26321)
• Aurora, Missouri
So, how did your visit with your daughter go? Did you all wear each other out left and right? I had to enlarge the photo of your best friend's mother so I could read the sign... That sounds like what I know about you! I can totally see and hear you yelling about the great ride when you eventually arrive at your next destination.
I'm hoping my next destination is another soul on this earth....
@DaddyEvil (26321)
• Aurora, Missouri
@PainsOnSlate Do you believe in reincarnation?
@DaddyEvil yes I do.
I mentioned you a couple of days ago to Izzy, and now you're here! That would be a very good feeling to know how cherished your art is and how far its travelled. One of these years I'm going to make it down to a festival and buy a piece from you in person.
@PainsOnSlate I will contact you if we're heading up that way.
@Juliaacv The show is in Vineland. Its on for the whole weekend. (6, 7, 8 )
If people are looking to buy or rent in the area of those wineries I hope they are made aware of the books as that might be tough to get used to. I really like the graphic you add to your art it reminds me of a quilt.
Thank you, glad you like it. from the photo you can see I used to just scribble on the quotes, so the (quilt) makes it more interesting. Most of the wineries are on large land and not too close to private homes, although I do see some homes close by. The noise is seasonal, it starts when the grapes get ripe and the birds love them ripe. The noise stops as soon as the grapes are picked.
@PainsOnSlate it's probably the same sound as hunters I hear here off in the distance but the wineries would be more often you would hear the books.
@vsai2008 (9925)
Your work looks super good, i really liked it:-) You too have a great weekend
Thank you for stopping by, I do love to paint.
@vsai2008 (9925)
@PainsOnSlate welcome, hope you a good time with your daughter
• Midland, Michigan
I'm amazed that you were able to get what looks like a larger photo to post here. What is your top pic of? The ones in the middle are they all individual or is it mainly three with several in each one? Is there any time it's the year when the tourists don't frequent the place?
The top is my sun porch (mostly glass) i have lights on a timer so they show up from dark to around midnight and again in the morning it turns on about 6AM and turns off just when the sun comes up. I have to change the times with the seasons. The second is many pieces of slate, each has one graphic on the top. The place my art is selling so well is a historic area in Ontario, it is a tourist place and winter is very cold and sales do slow down ( although locals still buy during the winter) and that's fine with me, we go south in the winter for around a month.
I hope you had a lovely visit with your daughter. Good to read about what you are up to. Not much happens in my life. But somehow, I am busy and not here often!
I love it when my kids come home for a sleepover.
• Walnut Creek, California
I had never heard of "bang bombers"! I wonder if they use them up in Napa and Sonoma.
@YrNemo (14736)
Thank God there is such a thing as 'weekend'. Hope you have had a good one. I just began mine an hour or so ago (housework, plus doing this and that duty etc).
Weekends are like all the days of the week. Retired mostly - me painting in the house, the hubs still does the radio a couple days a week from our home. Ocassionally he leaves the house to do the radio but rarely now they can do it from home. I deliver my art about every two weeks. Because its just us two, there is little to do in our mostly clean house. He cooks, I clean when the urge gets to me... or the dirt is visable...
I really like your graphics. They look nice.
Just adding a special graphic has changed the way they sell, I am selling more than I ever did in the past and its the graphic that is doing that. Loving doing them...
@CinnamonGrl (6073)
• Paradise, California
Your work looks lovely. The picture of your friend's mother is so sweet, she looks so happy with her sign. It's a treasure. That noise would drive me crazy! I might lose bladder control, haha
It's funny how after hearing them for weeks we don't seem to hear them anymore - but they are still going until harvest is over.