Lost my job

@dodo19 (33989)
Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yup, I lost my job yesterday. It's not something my boss wanted to do. I could tell she felt bad and it's not something she wanted to do. But the owner wanted to make cuts, and I guess my job was just part of that cut. It's definitely not a pleasant situation. Okay, it kind of s*cks. But there's not much you can do. I'm not really mad at anyone. It's just the situation I don't like. And I am a bit worried, I'm not going to lie. I feel bad, even though there's not much I can do. I am hoping that I can find something soon. On a plus side, I do have a possible interview on Monday. So, hopefully that works out, but I don't really want to get my hopes at the moment. Only time will tell what happens. In the meantime, I'll keep applying, enjoy a few days where I don't have to worry about work, spend time with my family, and just help out around here.
I am so sorry. Now the fact that your daughter cried and wanted to stay with you comes to my mind. Did she feel that something was wrong? I hope you can find another job soon.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thanks. I didn't get to much of a chance to talk. She just said that she'd miss me. She was fine when she came home yesterday. I'll definitely take some time to talk to her tonight. I do hope that I am able to find something soon.
@dodo19 I hoe she is fine now, she is still so young.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@LadyDuck Hopefully she's okay now. She didn't have an easy morning this morning either. But like you said, she is still young.
@amnabas (10311)
• Karachi, Pakistan
I hope you get the new job soon.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I hope so too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
@hereandthere (33013)
how disappointing. you were only there for a few months. were you the only one who was let go?
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It really is disappointing. I was there just a little over 2 months. I think I was the first one, but I was told that there would be other cuts as well. So, it doesn't seem like I'll be the only one.
@dodo19 it tends to be last (employee) in, first out. then they offer separation packages/voluntary retirement to those who've been there long. i hope you get another job soon. maybe some businesses will need additional staff for the upcoming holidays.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@hereandthere yeah you’re probably right. First one in, first out. I’ll definitely look for jobs. As you said, with Christmas coming, businesses will be looking for staff.
Oh, that is really bad luck. I hope you're able to find something else soon.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yeah, it is bad luck for sure. I've started looking for something, and hopefully something will come up. We shall see.
@vsai2008 (9889)
All the very best for your interview on monday,hopefully you will get it. Fingers crossed :-)
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thanks. Hopefully, I get good news. We'll see what happens.
@vsai2008 (9889)
@dodo19 fingers crossed
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@vsai2008 thanks.
@nela13 (9354)
• Portugal
Hope you can find a new and better one soon. How was your interview today?
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Hopefully, I do find something better. I had two interviews. Both went alright, I think. Now I just wait to hear back.
@nela13 (9354)
• Portugal
@dodo19 Hope you get good news from at least one of those interviews.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@nela13 let’s hope so. We shall see, and in the meantime I continue to look.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I guess you were one of the last ones hired, so had to be the first to go. I hope you find a wonderful new job and your interview goes well.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thanks. Yes, I was one of the last ones hired. So, it makes sense that I would be part of the cuts. Either way, I'm applying to jobs. I am currently looking at jobs from home. We'll see.
@dodo19 Best of luck to you.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@DianneN thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed.
@sunrisefan (21199)
Sorry for your job loss but all the luck for your interview on Monday. Perhaps your position in your former job was among those they call "redundant" as a reason to trim down the work force. There might be greener pasture for you out there.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thanks. Perhaps that’s the reason I got cut. Who knows. Hopefully there will be greener pastures out there. I will definitely be on the lookout for it.
@sunrisefan (21199)
@dodo19 All the best of luck for your job search.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@sunrisefan Thanks.
@maximax8 (28566)
I am so sorry that you lost your job due to cuts Good luck with your interview on Monday. Yes, apply for jobs which you think you can do. You might able to help a shop with their rush over Christmas time. Spend some time with your family having a happy time.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thanks. Maybe I’ll be able to help a store or something. Who knows? Either way I’ll apply, and go to interviews. And in the meantime I’ll enjoy some time with my family.
@maximax8 (28566)
@dodo19 I was made redundant from an office job and I tried hard to get another job. I let out my cottage and went off on a trip around the world. I was able to work in Australia because I had a working holiday visa.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@maximax8 It's never pleasant when that happens. But such is life. At least you were able to get some work in Australia.
@ShifaLk (8515)
Oh that is not a good news but surely the good news is on the way.. you will definitely get a better job.. may god bless you
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thanks. Hopefully I get good news soon. We shall see.
@ShifaLk (8515)
@dodo19 yeah
@Shiva49 (14229)
That is not easy to take but it is beyond your control. Good that interviews are lined up as I saw your latest post. Best of luck - siva
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It is true. Not much I can do about losing work. I know it wasn't easy for her, and there wasn't much I could do. Thanks. The interviews went well, I think. So now I just wait.
@YrNemo (14768)
Hope you get a better job soon. Will cross my fingers for you. My current job might end suddenly too but at this stage, I don't really care either way.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thanks. I hope I find something soon too. We’ll see. Hopefully your job doesn’t end too soon.
@quantum2020 (10027)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
One good thing about losing a job is that the next job would be a better job than the previous one, or at least that must be. Back about ten years ago, I changed jobs often and I always tried to find better jobs than the one I was out, most of the time it resulted positive to me
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That’s definitely a good way of looking at it. It has to be a bit better. Plus you come out with a bit more experience and knowledge as well. Hopefully the next one will be a bit easier.
@BarBaraPrz (21021)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Aw, that's too bad. I remember how excited you were to get it. Have you worked there long enough for unemployment benefits?
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yeah, I was really happy to get it. Unfortunately I didn't work there long enough. Oh well ... on to the next.
@xiaolisu (2423)
congratulation you have a new start. not bad
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thanks. I sure hope it goes well.
Oh that is sad! I hope you find something soon. On the plus side, at least you will have more time to spend with the kids.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It is sad, for sure. Hopefully something will come. But like you said, I do have more time with the kids and my husband.
@Icydoll (25873)
Sorry to hear this dear and good luck for your interview on Monday.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thanks. Hopefully, it all goes well.
@louievill (19933)
I hope you have enough saved till you find another job, I wish you the best, that it would be soon and that the interview would land you into something much better.
@ilocosboy (38816)
As the saying goes... when one door closes, two doors open. You will find another job, that's for sure.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That is very true. I'm sure that something will come up.
@acelawrites (12507)
So you can have more time for your family; hope you can find a job soon.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yes, it is true I will have more time with my family. I will be able to spend a few days with them. Hopefully, I do find something soon.