MyLot Has United Us All

The talk here today is the impending hurricane Florence ready to hit the coast of the Carolinas and it looks like it's going to cause a lot of damage and flooding. In addition to our myLot friends here in the US, our friends in the Philippines are also preparing for a typhoon that is likely to cause destruction too. This brings to mind all the people I talk to daily from all over the world and today I am praying for them all and that they are safe and sound from both these storms. These are people I never would have know except for myLot. Now when I see these storms approaching parts of the world I'm now familiar with I am concerned for their well-being. So, myLot friends...I hope and pray that you are safe if you are in the path of either of these storms.
@dodoazo (21637)
You're right. We could leave our brothers and sisters in Christ anywhere in the world to be left unattended when they are in distress. The only we could do is to ease their troubling state by giving them a word of inspiration, a word of encouragement, a word of support through a prayer.
I believe in the power of prayer
@dodoazo (21637)
@Marilynda1225 Me too. The Lord is answer the prayer of faith.
@kobesbuddy (57457)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Marilynda1225 Without prayer, I hate to think about where I would be:(
I agree. I feel and think of those that we share interactions with on the site and only hope that they are safe. Some of our world leaders should join the site and get a dose of kind of humanity, that would make our world a much safer place to be in.
Well said Julia! I agree 100%
I understand what the US residents in the path of hurricane Florence are going through right now, because we experience it so often here in the Caribbean- especially in the month of September. Unfortunately, the worst storms are always just before or on my birthday, which is today - September 13.
@1creekgirl (12520)
I hope this will be a wonderful birthday for you, Kandase. Is a hurricane still a possibility for your island?
None yet this year? Happy birthday.
@1creekgirl the season ends on November 30 - so anything is possible. Issac is heading our way this weekend, but the prediction is that it will dissipate - with the hope it will not re strengthen. Thank you for the birthday wishes.
My daughter Toni Marie is in Georgia they made get this.I do hope the rest left town to get away
This storm looks unpredictable and hope your daughter is okay in Georgia
@Marilynda1225 Going to give her a call tonight.finding out is anything going on?
We do worry so about our myLot friends, which is a blessing since we sincerely care about each other. My prayers also going out to all who may be affected by these storms.
It looks like it's going to cause lots of devastation and I hope and pray that those in it's path evacuated
@DWDavis (15058)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you for your prayers and I agree wholeheartedly on the unifying blessing that has been myLot. We are virtual hands around the globe, aren't we?
We're like family here looking out for each other
@franxav (5834)
I live far from those danger zones. I can only pray for you facing the storms.
I'm glad that you are safely away from any of the danger zones
This is what I thought this morning. Thanks to myLot now I know so many people who live in the concerned areas and I hope that the storms will spare their cities and they will be safe.
People we never would have know without myLot. Now we worry for their safety
@Marilynda1225 This is true, I am searching the news and watching the videos to see how bad the weather is where the hurricane is moving.
@LadyDuck the hurricane looks fierce and very bad for those in it's path
@arunima25 (9375)
• Bangalore, India
myLot definitely works as an uniting platform. We feel so connected. Prayers keep pouring and prayers have power.
I do believe in the power of prayer
@arunima25 (9375)
• Bangalore, India
@Marilynda1225 They have an immense power especially done in mass.
@thelme55 (15169)
I agree 100%. Because of Mylot, we would not know what the other people around the globe is going through. I pray for all our safety from the situations we can't control of.
Without my connections through myLot I probably wouldn't pay much attention. But, since I have so many friends now through our community I am more conscious of what's going on.
@thelme55 (15169)
@Marilynda1225 just the same with me.
@wolfgirl569 (12019)
• Marion, Ohio
It is wonderful. And I do hope everyone everywhere is safe from these storms.
Me too....they look pretty fierce
@1creekgirl (12520)
This really is a good reminder that we're all brothers and sisters and we really are concerned for each other.
Any it's genuine concern for everyones well being
Thank you for the thoughts..and prayers! Yes, myLot is quite the global community..isn't it?
Yes we're like one big (mostly happy) family
@ShifaLk (8533)
I Pray for both countries to be safe.
@db20747 (10442)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Yes, I am praying 4 them all as well and that the storm flattens out!!!!
@May2k8 (7009)
I can only pray from a distance, I hope we are all protected and safe.
@CarolDM (6242)
Hi Marilyn, Long time no see. I also hope everyone will be safe.
@Kasjnak (2232)
In Romania we never get storms like those two, but I know a hurricane or a typhoon can be extremely destructive. I hope they'll fade away fast and there's not gonna be much damage. Hopefully
Yes, I feel this way too.
I agree. And hope everyone here is safe from their storms.