I'm Taking a Chance

@cintol (7633)
Its going to be a big one so wish me luck. As many of you know we moved to Texas to take care of my grand children after my son passed and for my health. I have missed my grand kids in Colorado so much along with my oldest son, my mom, and other family members. This weekend I am taking a chance and going back for the weekend to see them. I will leave Friday morning and return Monday or Tues so I won't be on here for a few days. My neighbor is riding with me as she was an EMT so she says she has my back in case the blood pressure rises. I am so excited to get to go home even if for a few days and to see my family there. I think it will do me a world of good to be able to do it and give me an idea if I will be able to go back safely once in a while. I will also be able to see my father in law for the first time in 3 yrs since my mother in law passed, he lives on the West side of CO and I couldn't go over the passes to get to him anymore, it's also his birthday and he will be in Denver for the week. Is there a state or place you can't go due to health issues?
I used to travel to Europe and Central America for many years.Not with my medical issues not
@cintol (7633)
I would love to travel to those places some day, you are lucky you got to see them all. I bet you have many good memories of them.
Ooh @Amadeo so what were your favorite European cities visited ? Mine were Florence Italy, Paris France and Brussels Belgium . . .
@maximax8 (28559)
My favourite cities in Europe are Riga in Latvia, Dubrovnik in Croatia and lately Berlin I found ever so exciting.
@wolfgirl569 (8476)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you are getting to go, and having your own EMT with you is the perfect way to travel
@cintol (7633)
I know, I was so glad when she said she would go with me, my husband can't because he has interviews and she said shes always wanted to go see CO. Win win for me
@maximax8 (28559)
Yes, it is win for you.
I won't fly so it's not anything special for me. I would love to go to a few places.
@cintol (7633)
I don't fly, I will be driving back there that way if my blood pressure starts getting out of hand I can come back home.
@cintol That is good I am hoping you make it through your visit.
@cintol (7633)
@sharon6345 Thank you Shay, me too. Its only a few days so I am going to do my best
This sounds like a trip that will be very good for you. Glad you have someone that will be going with you. I hope you have a wonderful time visiting loved ones.
@cintol (7633)
Thank you Deb, I think it will be good for me as well. It will give me piece of mind knowing my son and grand kids are ok, my son has been very depressed lately.
@cintol Oh, I am so glad you are going. Hopefully, your visit will help your son.
@cintol (7633)
@Corbin5 Me too, I told him I can't bare to lose any more children.
@DaddyEvil (25811)
• Aurora, Missouri
I do hope you had a very good trip to Colorado, Cindy! Did you get to do and see everything/everyone you hoped to see? Did you have any trouble with your blood pressure? And finally, how was your trip back to Texas? I have been having memory issues that make me afraid to take off on trips out of Missouri... even some trips in Missouri can end up having "exciting" side trips I didn't intend or want to take... I have started using the GPS on my phone for every trip (even back and forth to and from work) that I take. When I get "lost" I just listen to Lee (the voice on my phone) and go where he tells me. It does work, but isn't the most fun thing I can do. *shrug*
@cintol (7633)
Thank you DE, yes I did have a good trip. My time was very limited there as I could only stay a couple of days so I didn't get to visit everyone I wanted to. My bp did go up but I took extra meds to keep it under control. The trip back was very nice as well, everything went smoothly and my kids and grandkids were so surprised to see me, my son wanted me to come back to Colorado to live but I can't. :( Good thing you have GPS to be able to follow, that would get scary to not remember where your going. Thank goodness you have Lee to keep you on track . I don't know what I would do if I couldn't still travel around when I want or need too. I will keep my eye out for you just in case you get lost and end up in Texas *wink wink* I got your back here. Smile**
@DaddyEvil (25811)
• Aurora, Missouri
10h
@cintol Oh, it's too bad you didn't have time to see everyone you were hoping to see, but good that you took the trip anyway. I'm sure you had a great time visiting your kids and grandkids! Yeah, I can see how your son asking you to return to Colorado could raise your blood pressure... I'm glad you could bring it back under control. So far, the worst I have gone off course was 35 miles... I was coming home from visiting friends in Springfield. I was on I-44 and couldn't remember where I should turn off to go home. I ended up in Joplin, 35 miles beyond the last turn that would take me home. (This was before I started using the GPS every time I went anywhere.) Oh! That would be bad and fun to make a mistake and end up visiting you in Texas!
@cintol (7633)
8h
@DaddyEvil I really did thank you, they were my main point of interest anyway. Even got to surprise one of my grand daughters at her soccer game, that was fun. Thought she was gonna knock me to the ground she was so excited. My kids and I are very close and he felt deserted when I moved because his sister and my grand daughter followed me to Texas 8 mths after I left. They live with me now, I told him he could always move here as well and we will all be together again. Wow, its a good thing you got GPS, next time you could have ended up in Kansas, you don't want to go there!! You let me know next time you get lost, I will give you directions
@Courage7 (11886)
Well I do not have health issues bad enough to prevent me from travelling, but circumstance wont permit it at this time. I am so glad you will get to go and have your own private EMT too. This is great news and I wish you safe journey and God Speed
@cintol (7633)
Thank you Courage, I am soooo looking forward to going back. The drive is quite boring but I am glad to have my friend going with me to meet my family and help keep me safe.
@Courage7 (11886)
@cintol Welcome, are you there yet? haha
@cintol (7633)
@Courage7 Thank goodness I didn't have to take kids with me to hear that. I went and got back yesterday, it was a great trip and everyone was shocked to see me since I didn't tell them I was coming.
We are no more young and my husband can only go to places not too far from home right now. Enjoy your trip to Colorado.
@cintol (7633)
Thank you Anna, I only stayed a couple of days but am back now. I understand not being able to go to far when your older, hope I can do it a little while longer
@cintol Mz husband is 73, he still drives and he can drive several hours, but the doctor suggested not to get on a plane anymore.
@cintol (7633)
@LadyDuck Thats too bad he can't fly anymore but, I am glad he can still drive to get you guys where you need to be
I hope that you have a really fun and medically uneventful time. You'll probably be fine bringing the former EMS as a back up. The last time that we looked into getting out-of-province medical insurance (for travelling) I was denied. So we couldn't leave Ontario without the knowledge that if anything happened to me we'd have to pay out of pocket.
@cintol (7633)
Thank you Julia, I had a really good time and thankfully I was able to keep my blood pressure under control. I understand what you mean about paying out of pocket, my husband hasn't found a job yet so we have no ins. and would be paying out of pocket as well.
@cintol I guess for you and my sakes, its a good thing that we don't mind staying home-paying out of pocket is never a nice thing is it? Glad that you were able to keep your blood pressure in check.
@cintol (7633)
@Juliaacv Thank you Julia, no paying out of pocket is not fun. I do have a doc though that understands and charges me less for office visits and she lets me talk to her on the phone so I don't have office visits to pay. It would be a different story if I end up in ER
@anya12adwi (2106)
• Bhubaneshwar, India
Have a safe journey and keep yourself fit and fine..So you can also plan something for your FIL
@cintol (7633)
Thank you Ananya, I have been there now and am back safe and sound.
• Bhubaneshwar, India
@cintol That's great, So what do you plan next??
@cintol (7633)
@anya12adwi Next, I am going to get a job.
@maximax8 (28559)
Have a lovely time visiting your grandson in Colorado. You can also visit your father-in-law in that area. Happy birthday to him and I hope he has a great time in Denver. I live in England and I can travel to most places in the world. I wouldn't want to take my children anywhere dangerous. This might be a war zone like Syria which would be too dangerous. I would love to visit Machu Picchu however I worry about my son getting altitude sickness. It is at a very high altitude.
@cintol (7633)
Yes, Colorado is high altitude which is why they made me move to Texas so this will be the issue I have to watch when I go. I am driving so I will be able to turn back if I have too. I won't go anywhere dangerous either. thank you
@cintol (7633)
@maximax8 Yes, CO where I went is 6200 ft above sea level and Texas is around 700 where I live now and it is much hotter and high humidity in Texas where CO is drier. That would be scary to go to a place where there is so much danger, I am glad that you weren't near the shooting.
Glad to hear you were able to see your father-in-law... do you two share a special bond ?
@cintol (7633)
Yes, we are very close as I was with my mother in law so it will be nice to see him again, and he doesn't Know I am coming so it will be a surprise for him.
@cintol aw surprises are what makes them (loved ones ) keep on living !
@FayeHazel (19038)
Oh dear. I hope you'll be safe. I didn't know you were having some health issues. I think it's good you have your EMT friend with you. Do update us when you get back and other than that - enjoy your visiting time
@cintol (7633)
Thank you Faye, I have high blood pressure so the docs made me move to a lower sea level altitude to help it. We went and had such a good time and my kids and grand kids were so excited to see me since I didn't tell them I was going.
I think it will do you good too and, I hope all goes well with it.
@cintol (7633)
Thank you TR, it was a good trip and it did do me a world of good to see my kids again.
How wonderful is this? No wonder you are excited. I hope you have a marvellous time. I'm lucky enough not to have significant health issues.
@cintol (7633)
Thats good, I hope you never do because it sucks. Thank you so much
@sol_cee (16889)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Take care, Cindy-san. Do they know you’re coming?
@cintol (7633)
No, I didn't want to tell them and get them all excited just in case I don't make it all the way. If my blood pressure raises as I go up in altitude, I will have to turn back. They would be disappointed
You enjoy the time over there and store some memories.
@cintol (7633)
Thank you Marlina, I am so looking forward to seeing all my family again. I have only been gone 10 months but it seems like so much longer.