Change in the Air

Leaves falling in my backyard.
@CarolDM (302)
Fall is right around the corner. The leaves are actually falling. But the temperatures are still like summer. The seasons change. I always feel a change inside as well. As I lose loved ones it is often hard to move on to a new season. But we do what he have to do. One foot in front of the other. Do you also feel a change inside as the seasons change? Sharing your feelings and opinions can also help others who might be going through situations we know nothing of.
Still feels like summer here.
@CarolDM (302)
As it does here Marlina. I hope things cool down soon.
@CarolDM , I hope we get cooler weather soon, this heat is getting to be way too much.
@CarolDM (302)
@marlina Yes I stay inside when the temps get crazy like this.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I remember lost loved ones often. Fall does have that kind of feeling. Here, the colors don't change much, but I can feel the chill in the air.
@CarolDM (302)
Yes indeed, change seems to bring a lot of baggage.
@TheHorse, I have lost someone dear in every season, so there is always some memories attached to them.
@CarolDM (302)
I have lost so many, I can feel for you to some degree.
@Courage7 (11766)
I am sorry you may have lost recently. I have too. A loss greater then I can hardly bear. But I am trying very hard to find comfort in the changing leaves. I hope you do too friend. I sense a familiar vibe to you. Welcome. Back if you had been here before. Thanks for sharing.
@CarolDM (302)
Thank you. I lost my Dad one year ago. We were very close and talked every day. I have been here but it has been awhile. Looking forward to sharing more.
@Courage7 (11766)
@CarolDM Sorry to hear you also lost your dear Dad and I lost my dear Mom in July gone. RIP both
@CarolDM (302)
@Courage7 Life can be so difficult. So sorry about your Mom.
@anya12adwi (2093)
• Bhubaneshwar, India
It's same here too.. About the temperature.. It is like summers but I have not observed any falls.. Be strong and this is life, it always changes.. Hope you are doing fine
@CarolDM (302)
Thank you for your kind words. So thankful to meet kind people from all over the world.
• Bhubaneshwar, India
@CarolDM So thankful to know that I could offer right words to a right person at the right time..
@tom_view (3894)
• Kolkata, India
its raining here
@CarolDM (302)
I would welcome rain.
@tom_view (3894)
• Kolkata, India
@CarolDM ohh.i see
I'm ready for a change in seasons and some nice Fall weather but it seems as if summer temperatures are still holding on.
@CarolDM (302)
There is that coffee cup, I would recognize it anywhere Marilyn. Good to see you. I too am ready for a change.
@CarolDM happy to see you too
@DWDavis (12874)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Leaves are falling by the hundreds here today but not because of the change of seasons, LOL.
@CarolDM (302)
I see where you are. Be safe!
@ZedSmart (1555)
I remember the lyrics of Sinatra's song, the falling leaves drift by the window... I think even if it's difficult for us to accept the current life blows, we should embrace the changes coming in our way. Just the beauty of the season, it's like seeing also the beauty of life ahead of us if we are just accepting that changes.
@CarolDM (302)
Yes, and you know music can be so therapeutic. Thank you for your kind words. Acceptance is the key.
@a_jerobon (276)
• Eldoret, Kenya
Yeah, I usually feel some changes too in my body when seasons change. I usually share my feelings with my mum and she would joke that I am not normal.
@CarolDM (302)
That is funny, but you are normal. We all have changes.
@Athinker (2067)
Yes according to environment we have also a change
@CarolDM (302)
We have to roll with it in life.
I love fall but it always is too short here.
@CarolDM (302)
It seems the seasons sort of run together.
@iridion9 (9084)
Sometimes when the leaves of the trees start falling...
@CarolDM (302)
I agree with you... sometimes...
Welcome to myLot. It should be spring here (Western Australia) but rather than one foot in front of the other, Spring is dragging her feet rather badly at the moment.
@CarolDM (302)
Thank you Judy. I love Australia. I have a friend that lives in Brisbane.
Here in Florida, it is still summer. This is my first time living here so I wonder when I will see autumn. I do like all the colors and the changes. Welcome to myLot nice to have you here.
@CarolDM (302)
It is always summer in Florida or so it seems. Thank you for the nice welcome.
I am looking forward to some real fall temperatures. We usually get some in October..but it alternates with warm weather.
@CarolDM (302)
Sounds familiar. Thanks for commenting.
@Namelesss (1496)
Hi, Can't wait for our leaves to start changing like those in the photo. Welcome!
@CarolDM (302)
Thanks for the welcome and the comment.
@bagarad (12614)
• Paso Robles, California
I love that the nights are getting cooler and even today's temperature isn't as hot as yesterday's. I'm looking forward to autumn's arrival. As you say, grief also has its seasons. I've passed the August 27 hump now, and that makes September easier. August is my worst month because of both the heat and the anniversary date. I've been putting one thing in front of the other for years now -- since 1991, so the trail through the seasons is getting easier to walk. It was pretty rough during the first years. I've lost almost all my family now. Only my brother and his sons and my husband are left to lose. I know if I lose my husband it will be a very hard season to get through.
@CarolDM (302)
I am looking forward to the cooler temperatures. They are coming. I know we share so many common bonds. I have lost my entire family. The few cousins and a niece and nephew are not close at all, sadly. We are survivors. So good to see you.
I always look forward to the change of seasons. Such variety each season has to offer.
@CarolDM (302)
Hi Deborah, You are right, each season does offer something different.
@mesbakh (1605)
feel the air
@KristenH (24717)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yes I do for this week. But then it's back to being in the 80s this weekend. We're going to have a wacky fall season with the weather this year.
@CarolDM (302)
Yes it is wacky here too Kristen.
@KristenH (24717)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@CarolDM I hope we have normal fall weather in a week or two.