Delicious Chicken Fried Steak and Cheesesteak

Daytona Beach, Florida
First stop is Ohio which has earned the nickname the Buckeye State. Buckeye is a kind of tree which unfortunately has very poisonous chestnuts. However, this state can offer you a really delicious treat also called The Buckeye. They are known for their creamy and sweet peanut butter balls that have been dipped in chocolate. Many people know what chicken-fried steak is and that it has nothing to do with chicken. The place where you can get the best is in the state of Oklahoma. The steak is pounded so that it is really thin and then battered and deep fried just like fried chicken. Next up in the state of Oregon you’ll find the marionberry which is a cross between two kinds of blackberries. Back in the 1940s it was cultivated at the Oregon State University and introduced to the state in 1956. It grows well in the state but is a fragile berry so it does not ship well. It is used in making pies, jam, and ice cream. If you want really great tasting cheesesteak then you have to go to Pennsylvania. There you’ll get a thinly chopped ribeye steak cooked up quick on a griddle and served on a roll with American cheese, onions, and pepper. What are your favorites? I found a Wiki image of chicken fried steak one of my favorites.
@UncleJoe (11276)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I went to Louisiana for a month twice. Once in May then again in September. I gained 20 pounds each time because they have the best fresh seafood in the world. They also have the Cardiovascular Institute of the South. I think that is where folks have the most heart attacks from eating all that fried stuff. Nevertheless, LA is my favorite place for eating.
Oh, I really love all kinds of seafood @UncleJoe Hopefully I can visit Louisiana sometime
@oahuwriter (3864)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
I like roast beef end cut the most. I have begun to be Safeway's fan for their Signature Kitchen's chicken tenders and meatloaf. Signature Kitchen's meatloaf will be on the $5 Friday's special this week, tomorrow here on Oahu. Last time it was on this special it sold out by 2PM when I went and all gone. I'm debating to get one earlier, tomorrow. I like beef cutlets too when very tender. Got lots of favorites.
I have started to make food in a slow cooker and I find when I can get different meats for less they always come out tender in this cooker @oahuwriter
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@RasmaSandra That's wonderful. My Aunt had a slow cooker and her meats were so good always. So convenient to use too and less mess to clean when using a slow cooker.
They all sound pretty good, but have to go with the chicken fried steak.
That too is one of my favorites @TRBRocks420
Buckeyes for me! I make them at times for the holidays.
Sounds really good @andriaperry
@LeaPea2417 (22471)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I like chicken fried steak but have not had it in years.
It is not hard to make but you have to have just the right kind of steak @LeaPea2417 and meat these days can be expensive depending on the store.
I would prefer BBQ chicken.
@Courage7 (18545)
I have had some really good chicken fried steak in years gone by. And cheese steak only once.
@xstitcher (12744)
• Petaluma, California
I can't really think of anything that I like in different places. I really like seafood, though.
@shubhu3 (21614)
• New Delhi, India
Looks really delicious.
@sh2ker (292)
• Bury, England
I honestly don’t have a favourite food. I do like a cheesesteak though.I tried it for the first time the last time I was in the US. I’ve not had chicken fried steak but I would love to give it a go.I love watching things like Man v Food and would love to try some of the specialities from the places he goes.
@vsai2008 (9889)
I like Chicken Drumsticks a lot The food in the picture looks super yummy
Haven't tried chicken fried steak but will try it when I have a chance.
@mnglsp (1603)
Wow. That looks so delicious.
@ilocosboy (39076)
One place to another for delicious chicken recipes. Same here, one place offer different recipes
@aureliah (19438)
• Kenya
Wow! That chicken looks delicious. Chicken is my favorite meat
That is not chicken that is steak that looks like fried chicken @aureliah I too eat more chicken than beef.
@aureliah (19438)
• Kenya
@RasmaSandra I believe chicken is healthier
Are those peanut balls rolled in chocolate crisp That would be my favourite. You guys do confuse tourists. Don't you? (lol) When I was holidaying in Colorado with my nephew he treated me to Buffalo Wings. Until the dish arrived I had all kinds of thoughts in my mind. And now you are talking of chicken fried steak that has no chicken in it
That is how it goes. The chicken fried steak looks like chicken that is fried and that is why it is called that @allknowing It is really good. The peanut balls get dipped in melted chocolate.
Chicken Fried Steak. Though I am almost certain I have had buckeyes. I'm starting to lose memories of some of the things from my preteens and early adulthood. I have a friend who tells me about things we've done together and / or ate together and I just nod and go "yup, I remember that." She claims I've had buckeyes before.
Perhaps you have @ScribbledAdNauseum