Something Exploded in My Throat!

@bagarad (12674)
Paso Robles, California
I was sitting in the family room reading Flowers for Algernon to my husband about half an hour ago. I had just finished taking a bunch of vitamin supplements. Before that I had eaten way too many Sun Chips. So I'm reading aloud and all of a sudden I felt like I had to cough and a bunch of what looked like a powder exploded in a big poof out of my mouth, like a dust cloud, only it was something I'd ingested. It was totally weird. Then I coughed a few more times. Has this ever happened to you or anyone you know? Does anyone know what it means? It was kind of scary. I drank a lot of water afterward. I've got to lay off those Sun Chips.
This is something that never happened to me, I have no idea what could have caused this, may be the bunch of vitamin supplements.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
I take these same supplements every night and it's never happened to me. I did drink plenty of water with them. I wonder if the turmeric capsule exploded. I didn't see the color of whatever it was.
@bagarad I really have no idea, I never take supplements. I suppose that the Sun Chips are a sort of potato chips and I cannot see how they could explode.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
@LadyDuck The chips themselves are mostly corn and spices. It's possible they have some acidic effect as they go down my esophagus or that my stomach sends up some explosive gas back up like an explosive burp. Perhaps one of the capsules full of finely grown herbs deteriorated and got blown out. Far-fetched, I know, but I have no other explanation. I have never heard of anyone having this experience.
It is a normal response to an overload of the supplements which typically should each be taken separately with plenty of liquid and no the sun chips did not help. But for sure it is scary but not at all lethal UNLESS it got into your lungs due to some esophageal obstruction which I don't think you had-- how are you feeling now ?
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
Actually, once I stopped coughing and drank lots more water things settled down and I felt OK.
@bagarad good and from that experience I do hope a lesson was in fact, learned . . .
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
@enlightenedpsych2 I will try to lay off the Sun Chips. I normally drink lots of water when I take supplements. But I was sitting in a recliner with me feet up when this happened, and that makes it slightly harder for pills to go down.
@aureliah (17990)
• Kenya
This has never happened to me. It could be the Sun chips
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
Maybe it was the combination. The Sun Chips wouldn't have been in powder form.
@porwest (7127)
@bagarad Worse things have happened.
Skip navigation Sign in Search Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... YouTube TV - Unlimited recording storage Loading... Live T
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
@porwest My brother used to love watching those guy when he was growing up. This is the first time I've ever watched them and I did laugh.
@ShifaLk (8398)
Oh... Take care of yourself
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm trying.
@ShifaLk (8398)
@bagarad are you better now?
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
@ShifaLk Much better, thank you. This has not happened again and probably never will.
@rakski (21149)
This is weird. I wonder why and what are those powdery cloud that came out from your miuth. Never happen to me before
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
The clear gelatin capsules are fully of finely ground herbs. . Acid reflux may have dissolved the capsule and released the power at the same time I had to burp.
@rakski (21149)
@bagarad oh my.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
@rakski Not pretty, is it?
@kanchan10 (3214)
• Kolkata, India
never experienced such incident. must have been very scary for you
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
It was scary, but it never happened again.
@kanchan10 (3214)
• Kolkata, India
@bagarad that is good
@porwest (7127)
lol. Can't say this has happened to me. I have "puked" in my mouth after eating something. But this would give me pause.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
It was really weird.
@porwest (7127)
@bagarad I bet. lol
• Mauritius
how are you now?
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm fine. This has not recurred, but I've tried to be less gluttonous and I've been avoiding Sun Chips.
• Mauritius
@bagarad I am happy to know you are fine. Take care my friend.
That is scary. No, it's never happened to me.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
I hope it never happens again. I think my gluttony was responsible.
@bagarad I hope it doesn't either.
@Courage7 (12348)
No it has not. I am sorry this happened to you. How very strange.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
I guess it was just one of those freaky things that can happen sometimes.
@Icydoll (23596)
Never happened to me my dear friend please take care and contact immediately doctor.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
No need for a doctor. I was fully recovered fifteen minutes after it happens.
@wolfgirl569 (8688)
• Marion, Ohio
Never had that happen but it does seem like one of your pills did not go all the way down.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm sure that's part of it. But something did have an explosive chemical reaction down there.
@sugartoes (42048)
• Greencastle, Indiana
wow that would be scary it may have been a # of things that might have caused it but yeah I think the best thing to do is drink a lot of liquid in between each thing you eat glad it's not serious.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
Drinking more water did help. It was an interesting chemical reaction to eating too much and the wrong combination of foods.
@kavinitu (5054)
This has never happened to me. That's really weird. Please consult your doctor as soon as possible
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
I was OK in a few minutes after I stopped coughing, so I didn't think medical help was needed. I seriously doubt if this will ever happen again.
@iridion9 (9318)
Any pain in your throat? Any blood? If yes then better visit a doctor.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
No pain. No blood. It was as though a capsule exploded and its contents came out like a cloud from my esophagus.
@Starmaiden (7470)
I like Sun Chips too, but they are very dry. You should drink something with them when you eat them. Had that happened while you were sleeping or napping, it could have been serious.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
I was drinking grape juice with them. But I was eating too many of them.
You needed more water before it exploded. it was not down enough.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
I did drink a glass of juice with the chips and then another full glass of water with the supplements, but there were quite a few of them.
What happened to you was very strange.