The Quilting is Finished!

@Morleyhunt (20475)
Yesterday was my date with Lolah! The day started at 9:00 AM with my behemoth quilt being loaded onto Lolah (the long arm quilt machine). The quilting pattern had been selected ahead of time and I was confident in my thread choice. Let the sewing begin. Three hours of steady sewing later, the quilt was ready to be removed from Lolah....pictures taken and then a lunch break. A second quilt was mounted and quilted in the afternoon (more about that quilt later). Last night I did the sewing machine portion of binding the quilt and now I'm hand sewing the back, Photos of the completed quilt will be available tomorrow (weather permitting!)
My latest project was suggested to me by my cousin. We were getting together this past weekend to celebrate my fathers 90th birthday. For this quilt we need a...
It looks beautiful. I can imagine that it's not easy to use the big long arm quilt machine.
@Morleyhunt (20475)
I don't have room for one....can't afford to buy one either. It's convenient for me to use the one at the local quilt shop. The only problem is it's booked far in advance,
@Morleyhunt I imagine that many people use that one, I suppose they are very expensive.
@Morleyhunt (20475)
@LadyDuck they are very expensive. The one I lust after costs around $20,000. Unless I win a lottery (I never buy tickets) it's not going to happen.
@yoalldudes (2522)
Lookinf forward to the picture of the quilt.Can quilting be done manually? Yours seem to be sophisticated.
@Morleyhunt (20475)
Ive quilts many quilts totally by hand, but this quilt was large and had many, many small pieces, making the hand quilting much more difficult. The long arm quilt machine was available, so I took advantage of the opportunity.
@Morleyhunt I would love to make my own quilt proj3ct. And i'm glad it can be done manually. I hope it's not too hard for a beginner like me. Yes it was smart for you to grab the opportunity.
@arunima25 (6771)
• Bangalore, India
It's so beautiful. Gorgeous patterns. I am waiting for the picture of second one.
@Morleyhunt (20475)
The photo of the entire quilt was posted last night.
@arunima25 (6771)
• Bangalore, India
@Morleyhunt I will check for it. I missed it.
It is very beautiful! I feel this is more than a craft. This is an art.
@Morleyhunt (20475)
Thank you. I just enjoy it. I also love sharing them with others.
@Morleyhunt It is much too beautiful!!!
@DWDavis (13108)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
The quilt looks great. I can hardly wait to see it laid out complete.
@Morleyhunt (20475)
The finished quilt was photographed on the clothesline yesterday morning and shared in my most recent discussion. (Last night.)
@DWDavis (13108)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Morleyhunt I will definitely go take a look.
question, does there have to be a certain quilt pattern? or can you just hand sew any design? I have a few patchwork tops I made many years ago I need to quilt.
@Morleyhunt (20475)
I get to choose the pantograph I want to use. I could also free motion quilt, but so far I've liked using one of their 100's of pantos.
That is a beautiful quilt and red is my favorite color.
@Morleyhunt (20475)
It has enough red as well as enough white to make it a very visually appealing quilt.
@xiaolisu (2336)
it's a summer quilt
@Morleyhunt (20475)
Not really. I've used wool for the batting.
It looks like you had a great date with Lolah. Beautiful quilt.
@Morleyhunt (20475)
Thank you. I'm looking forward to finishing and taking a picture of the finished quilt out on my clothesline,
@UncleJoe (10645)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I was wondering what you do with all those wonderful quilts but being that far North I suppose they are all on your bed.
@Morleyhunt (20475)
I've given many away. I've sold a few....my bed has some serious covers.....my guest bed is also appropriately weighed down. The last completed quilt was donated to our local senior's facility to raise funds for a serenity garden. I hope that the funds raised are substantial.
@tammys85 (11382)
It looks great so far!
@KrauseHome (35526)
This is so pretty. Love the colors and the design.
@Aquitaine24 (1361)
• San Jose, California
That is very beautiful.I like traditional quilt designs
@Icydoll (23596)
Very beautiful quilt... well done my dear friend
@Daelii (5830)
I can't wait to see it! I'm a beginner at sewing! I've seen people talk about using long arms in groups but not sure what it does exactly!
It is a beautiful quilt..I am jealous. I don't like to sew and am bad at math so sadly, quilting is out for me.
That is quite nice-good keepsake of our 150 years as a country and a great way to spend a morning.
@dodoazo (21035)
What a wonderful quilt you did with Lolah.
@vsai2008 (9464)
The picture looks super good. Eagerly waiting for your finished project.