Happy Friday Everyone

It's a cloudy start to our day here and I am hearing that we might actually see some sunshine over the weekend. Not only have we been worrying about everyone in the path of hurricane Florence but last night I saw that Boston was hit with gas explosions and they were evacuating the suburbs of Andover, North Andover and Lawrence. My heart stopped because that's where a good portion of my family live. My aunt and uncle, all my cousins and their children. I saw that the evacuations were no joke but couldn't get in touch with any of my relatives. Thankfully this morning my aunt called and said they are okay and all of them finally made it my cousins house in New Hampshire. No one seems to know what's exactly going on but it's scary just the same. So, this morning I'm giving thanks that my family escaped harm and praying for those being hit with hurricane Florence. My day is going on as usual but it just seems like I'm constantly being drawn to the tv to see what's happening. What's new with you on this Friday?
Glad all was safe! Nothing special here.
Glad you're ok there
An annoying cold prevented me to work in the garden and it is even disturbing my online work. I hope to be better tomorrow.
Sorry to hear you have a cold and that you're feeling better quickly
@Marilynda1225 The nose is still running but not as much as yesterday. I am going to rest today, it's Saturday.
@LadyDuck the only thing that helps a cold is rest.
@wolfgirl569 (11914)
• Marion, Ohio
Same ole here. Glad all of your family is safe. We seen that on the news also.
Just goes to show we never know from day to day what it will bring
@wolfgirl569 (11914)
• Marion, Ohio
@Marilynda1225 It seems that there is getting to be more gas leaks and fires in the cities now. I wonder if the companies have been keeping up with repairs properly or just band aid fixing to maximize profits and it is now coming back to get them.
@DWDavis (15034)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I had not heard about Boston. My mother's family is from Rockland, just south of Boston and I still have a cousin in Weymouth. I'm glad your family is okay.
I don't have any more news on what's happening in Massachusetts. Hope you're ok where you are
@DWDavis (15034)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Marilynda1225 I read one story in the Western Mass News, I think that was it. What a disaster!
So sorry about all the people that are in the middle of those 2 catastrophes. Very scary. I am checking the TV news too a lot.
The tv is totally distracting and I have it on more today than normal
@Icydoll (25971)
Very good morning.. happy Friday..it's sunny day here. It's evening now..just relaxing here while interacting.
Hope you had a good evening
@mnglsp (1603)
Nothing is new. I've been doing the same routine here in our house. And this day is a bit sad for me.
@vsai2008 (9889)
It rained here in the evening for 2hours. I stayed indoors, air is very humid now. Just now i had my dinner and i will be sleeping in a while. Have a great day ahead
Hope you have a good nights sleep
@vsai2008 (9889)
@Marilynda1225 thanks, I did have a good night sleep yesterday
Like you, I hope that all stay safe thru that terrible storm. I hate the hurricane season, it means that our winter isn't far off. We'll enjoy a nice warm weekend this weekend, and it is that way today also.
Enjoy your weekend especially your trip away
@Marilynda1225 Thank you. We had a nice time together. He's such a good husband to forego any fun this summer and stay home and look after me after like he did. We both love going to that area, its like stepping back in time. All except for the hotel room, we stay about 20 minutes away, because we like hot running water and electricity!
@Courage7 (18350)
Glad no one of your loved ones were affected by the explosions. I saw that, used to live up that way too. Terrible.
It's pretty scary
@Courage7 (18350)
@Marilynda1225 Its very very scary as the lines can go up at anytime they are so old.
@1creekgirl (12485)
I'm sure thankful your family is okay. My friend lives in Lowell, Mas, but she's alright. We're getting rain and wind, but thankfully not too bad.
It's a relief knowing my family is okay as well as your friend My day has just been cloudy and overcast....no rain for a few days
@koopharper (6900)
I'm a little short of sleep because of working till the wee hours this morning. Looks like a beautiful day. Florence has pushed warm air and blue skies our way. (The rain will come). I will try and make the most of it. Will be checking for info from friends and family in harm's way.
Glad to hear that your family is safe. As for me, I haven't slept for more than 24 hours already because it rained nonstop last night and the winds were howling due to the super typhoon. Plus, there was a power interruption that lasted for more than 8 hours. The power just got back this morning. My body clock's really messed up. I have a terrible headache right now, but I don't want to take any medications to stop the pain.
Wasn't Boston, just those others you mentioned. It was all over our news channels and quite scary to see. Glad your family is safe
Those gas explosions I saw on TV were so scary, and I don't know how that happened. I read that they are still investigating. Seems like that could happen anywhere. One person did die. So good to know your family members are safe.
@Elizaby (4087)
• Pensacola, Florida
A lot going on on the east coast, I have been watching the hurricane and seeing the Boston explosions which one report is saying could be due to old pipe.