One Book With Editor, One Lined up for NaNoWriMo, Time to Work on the One in Between

Photo from Pixabay
@DWDavis (15765)
Pikeville, North Carolina
The new story project I've been making notes on, HALF OF FOREVER, is on hold until November 1 when NaNoWriMo starts. Is anyone else here other than April and me planning to do NaNoWriMo this year? STORM DAMAGE is with my editor and I have no firm date on when I'll get it back. She is a full-time teacher at my school and will have to work on it in between grading papers and preparing lessons. So, what's a writer to do? I'll be working on another manuscript I finished the first draft of while I was laid up recovering from surgery this summer. The working title is STONE'S HEART and, like the other two, it is a Buzby Beach story. It needs a lot of work and some fleshing out but I think it will be a great read when it's done. What have you got going on this week to keep you busy?
I love the titles of your books and wish you much success with them.
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you. If you'd like to check out my current books to see if they might be something you'd like to read, they are all on amazon.
@DWDavis I have the first book River Dream downloaded and the other 2 in my cart. I'm going to start reading it very soon as they do sound like books I'd be interested in reading.
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Marilynda1225 If you enjoy them, may I ask that you leave a review on Amazon. Positive reviews are an indie author's lifeline.
@HazySue (24570)
I have been thinking about joining but am afraid that I won't be able to devote enough time.
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Sometimes just committing to the challenge will encourage you to find the time here and there. It works that way with me every year.
@HazySue (24570)
@DWDavis Has it been an ongoing good thing for you?
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@HazySue Yes, it has. I've gone on to publish two of my NaNoWriMo projects as novels and have used parts from others in some of my published books.
It's great that you have several stories on the go. Good luck with all of them.
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I like having several in the works. I just have to be careful to keep the characters in the right story.
@DWDavis I can imagine that it wouldn't be too hard for them to get involved in the wrong story.
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@JudyEv Especially since they all take place on Buzby Beach at around the same time frame.
@wolfgirl569 (13670)
• Marion, Ohio
Good luck with the books. I will be hiding in the house most of the week. It is wet and dreary outside.
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
We are under wet and dreary skies, too, with a chance of thundershowers every afternoon for the next several days. Rain is the one thing we do NOT need right now.
@wolfgirl569 (13670)
• Marion, Ohio
@DWDavis You need it lass than we do.
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@wolfgirl569 We don't need it, but it looks like we're getting some tonight anyway. I pray it doesn't amount too much.
I participate in NaNoWriMo sometimes. I am not sure if I will be doing it this year or not. I feel like I have been in a creative slump these past few months and am not sure if I have the focus for it this year. Then again, I would really like to get my current writing project going again. There is a lot of writing that still needs to be done.
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
NaNoWriMo may be just the thing to get your writing jumpstarted. If enough of us join from myLot we can form our own little support group and keep each other motivated.
@DWDavis That might be a fun idea! I will see how things are when October rolls around. Do you participate every year?
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@things4gotten This will be my 8th year participating and, I hope, my 8th year reaching the Winner's Circle. Two of my NaNoWriMo projects have gone on to become published novels.
@bunnybon7 (37915)
• Holiday, Florida
not much. but i should try writing again.
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
If you want to challenge yourself to write, join NaNoWriMo and on November 1 start trying to write 50K words in 30 days. I've done it for 7 years and published 2 novels out of it.
@bunnybon7 (37915)
• Holiday, Florida
@DWDavis wow. i want to but don't know how long i have to work on it. just feel awful most days . don't even feel like typing some times
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@bunnybon7 When I don't feel like writing anything, I write about not feeling like writing anything. The next thing I know, I've written more than I thought I could.
Glad you got quite a bit done on another manuscript when you were recovering. Best of luck with this new book!
@DWDavis (15765)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thanks. If all goes well, I will have three more books out in the next 15-18 months.