Mountains

Bird
Roseburg, Oregon
Have you ever wondered what is really up high in the mountains. Up so high that you can not even hike up that far. You feel like the mountains are so high that you can touch the sky from the top of the mountain. Spring, summer, fall and winter the mountains are so different. The mountains are beautiful in spring and summer when the baby animals are every where to be seen. In the fall and the winter the mountains start to get cold and the snow appears. The animals disappear and some sleep all winter long. Until it is spring again. There are some birds that fly away from the mountains in fall and winter. But they come back again in the spring and the summer.
• Chandigarh, India
I climb up the mountains many times.
It is a good place to go.
• Chandigarh, India
I do love the mountains. I am lucky to live close to them. I can see them from my window which is nice too.
We went for a hike in the mountains this morning.
@jstory07 .....Sounds nice.
@JustBhem (43011)
• Davao, Philippines
I can see the vast called earth. It's beautiful out there. The sky, the clouds, and the other mountains. The birds, it's like I will see God one day.
We do live in a beautiful world.
@JustBhem (43011)
• Davao, Philippines
@jstory07 Yes, and it is more beautiful if you are on top of the mountain.
@andrewijaa (3789)
• Malang, Indonesia
I often aspire to climb a mountain but there is no time and my desire is ultimately in vain ...
Some day you will have the time.
• Malang, Indonesia
@jstory07 really?
@shubhu3 (18479)
• New Delhi, India
Wow. I love this post. I have a fascination towards mountains from childhood and I seriously loved to see them when I used to visit hill stations. It feels amazing.
The mountains are amazing.
@shubhu3 (18479)
• New Delhi, India
@jstory07 Absolutely. Besides mountains I love beaches. What about you?
I have been to the mountains here a few times. They do look so different depending upon the season.
They look different here to depending on the season.
@kanchan10 (3427)
• Kolkata, India
words fail to describe the scene up on the mountains. though i have very few experience of trekking in Himalayas but those visuals are still fresh with me.
It is beautiful in the mountains.
The big horn sheep make their home way up there beyond intrusive humans.
To stay away from humans. They are smart.
Yes, I often see them and, want to climb up them.
It is fun and good to go where you are alone in the mountains.
@bagarad (12761)
• Paso Robles, California
I love the mountains. I love looking up at their peaks. I guess I've never really wondered what's up there besides rocks, trees, and clouds that I can see.
@ridingbet (59621)
i would definitely like to reach the summit of a mountain. my kid brother and his daughter had some mountain-climbing experiences, including their dog Sydney.
I think they are beautiful for sure. I am not wondering at all what is over them. Behind them or on them. I would not want to wonder enough to have to find out.
There are wild Bobcats in our mountains so you do not want to go to high. Plus elk, raccoons, chipmunks, eagles and big black bears.
@jstory07 I am not going there in anyway so that is not bad for me. I feel sorry for someone curious enough to find them.
@m_audrey6788 (15368)
I can imagine what you`re trying to tell here. Good way of describing the incoming winter time
Winter will soon be here ready or not.
@jstory07 So True
Mountains are beautiful. It's interesting to fly over them and get an aerial view of the tops of mountains.
• Midland, Michigan
So you live near these mountains? I've slept in top of a mountain before and maybe twice although I think my second time it may have been cold and snowy. I hiked up Mt. Capitan our camp was near Roswell NM. We drive to base camp and hiked further in which took several hours. We porches tents stayed out latrines for men and women. We found a water supply, gathered would for a fire and spent time practicing calls for climbing certain rock faces and repelling down again. When up there it does feel like you can touch the sky especially when the clouds are low. I don't have a single photo from my two visits there.