Childhood Memories

Japanese Honeysuckle
@CarolDM (2898)
I was out looking at the honeysuckles on my vine still blooming. It took me back to my childhood for a second. We would spend hours picking the wild honeysuckle blooms. The smell was something else. They smelled delicious. I lost my Mom when I was 14, so any memory I have of her is priceless. I would always pick a special bouquet just for her. She had a vase she would always use and put them on the table. This made me feel very special. Do you have good childhood memories? Care to share? Photo ┬ęCarolDM
Nice memories there.I do not have any
@CarolDM (2898)
Sorry you have no memories.
@CarolDM nothing to be sorry about.it was very bad for us during the Great Depression Years.
@CarolDM (2898)
@amadeo I understand, I have heard many stories of those times.
Glad that you have those great memories with your Mom. Yes, I have a lot of wonderful memories with my time with my Mom.
@CarolDM (2898)
That is great, life can be unfair at times. But memories are forever.
@debjani1 (1694)
I have a lot of sweet memories with my mom dad and my little sister.
@debjani1 (1694)
@CarolDM those sweet memories gives us happiness.
@oahuwriter (3507)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
I just lost my Mom last year. I too feel the same way about treasured memories spent together. When I was growing up, my Mother loved to go to the movies on the weekend. She'd take me along and it would be our time together. Not so recent, is she loved seeing the Moon at night from our little backyard. We saw the Super Moon together another fond memory to hold and treasure forever.
@CarolDM (2898)
I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad last year. It is difficult. Great memories you have forever.
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@CarolDM Very difficult indeed. Lost my Dad in '08. But as we know we have our memories. Have you heard of healgrief.org? You can light an internet candle memorial for those who have passed.
@CarolDM (2898)
@oahuwriter Yes I am familiar with that site, thanks. sorry for your loss.
@wolfgirl569 (10356)
• Marion, Ohio
A lot after I got older. As a child I was more of a daddies girl. If at all possible I was with him. Even working the hay fields. Until I became a teenager. For a few years I had a very strained relationship with him and thus my mom also. But as I got older I spent more time with my mom. And especially the last few years. Something started telling me to visit as much as possible.
@CarolDM (2898)
Glad you listened to art feeling and you have good memories.
@1hopefulman (32574)
Yes, how we love our moms! I remember her baking bread when I was very young. We had an oven and a fireplace and not much else in the kitchen. She would always make me a little bread in the shape of a man just for me.
@nela13 (8517)
• Portugal
That was such a young age to lose your mother, Glad that you have good memories of her. I have very good memories of my childhood, I had very good moments with my parents and my sister.
@CarolDM (2898)
Yes it was I wish I had more years. Good for you.
@nela13 (8517)
• Portugal
@CarolDM Do you have siblings to share your memories? When I am with my sister sometimes we talk about our childhood and it is so nice.
@CarolDM (2898)
@nela13 No, I lost them both sadly. I miss those talks every single day.
@tom_view (4175)
• Kolkata, India
childhood reloaded.
@CarolDM (2898)
That is one way to say it.
@tom_view (4175)
• Kolkata, India
@BloggerDi (924)
Your descriptive memories were so lovely to read. Your post triggered memories of when I was a child; I enjoyed the honeysuckle that grew on my grandmother's backyard fence every year.
@debjani1 (1694)
Loveable memories.
@CarolDM (2898)
Thank you very much, I am glad you enjoyed and they inspired you as well.
@ria1606roy (2847)
• Kolkata, India
That is such a good memory we used to suck on the flower stalks during childhood.
@CarolDM (2898)
We did the same thing forgot to add that!
Sorry for your lost. Good thing you have special memories about her.
@CarolDM (2898)
Thanks and yes I do have only fond memories.
@debjani1 (1694)
Yes. When I was a child we used to go to the picnic with 3-4 families on sea beaches with our breakfast and lunch. We played,took a bath in BAY OF BENGAL watching the flowers and came back home in the evening.
That is a very sweet memory. I remember picking lilacs in the early spring, in May, and setting up a table in our living room with a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mother on it, a couple of candles and the vase of lilacs. It was a reminder, and the scent of the lilacs drew you over to it. Something I did as a pre-teen, it made my mother and Gramma happy.
That is so young to lose your mother, and I'm so sorry. Any memory of our mothers are always ones to cherish.
• Walnut Creek, California
I enjoy my memories of playing sports with the kids from my block (back when kids still went out and played). When I teach the younguns I work with to play catch, to kick a soccer ball, etc., it brings up those memories.
• Chandigarh, India
Am so sorry about your mom.but its true our childhood memories always refresh our mind.
@bagarad (12761)
• Paso Robles, California
My aunt and uncle had a honeysuckle vine at their house. I remember that my cousin's and I would often suck up the nectar from the flowers.
Youth in itself is a good memory.