FINALLY.....doggie grooming day

It's been over a month since our pups needed a grooming day so to say they are in dire need at this point would be an understatement. When we found out our groomer was in the hospital and couldn't make her last appointment with us, we were hoping it was nothing serious and that she'd be back at work. It's taken awhile for her to recover but she's easing back to work so our pups are getting the full treatment today. I'm so happy that we didn't have to look for someone else mostly because of the convenience of her coming to the house but also the pups are comfortable with her. It will be very nice having clean smelling pups and I'm sure they'll be happy with their spa treatments too. Other than that, my day will be busy. My daughter is off from work so we have some things that need to get done after the pups are finished. Now that the cupboards are full from yesterdays grocery delivery we have to decide what to make for dinner. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Now it's time for coffee and some chit chat here for a little bit. Hope everyone is having a good day and not affected by the hurricane. If you're in the path of the hurricane I pray you are safe.
Ms.Ruby is also getting a bath this week.
Does she enjoy getting a bath?
Yay! a clean dog is a happy dog.
A clean dog makes everyone happy lol
I hope that you have a good day too. It's a bit overcast here and hot.
We're going to get rain tomorrow from remnants of hurricane Michael
I hope your pups will enjoy the full treatment.
For the most part they enjoy it and are happy when it's over. They both look so adorable now with haircuts and of course they smell nice too.
@Marilynda1225 Pets are lovely when they smell nice. The kittens of my neighbors always smell nice, I wounder if they use special products to keep them clean.
@LadyDuck Even if we bathe our dogs they don't smell as clean as when the groomer does them. I'm assuming they use special products maybe even on those kittens of your neighbors
Well sounds like it will be a good day. I am sure we will get some hurricane effects here, but hopefully not too dramatic.
We're supposed to get some rain tomorrow from remnants of hurricane Michael but nothing that will be damaging
@Marilynda1225 I just hope it doesn't spawn any tornadoes. After Florence there were tornadoes that ripped through the areas surrounding Richmond. I don't think any came close to here though.
@snowy22315 hope all is well in your neck of the woods. We're getting some buts of heavy rain today with thunderstorms. I'm in the eastern end of Pennyslvania so we shouldn't get too much of the wind. Hope you don't get any tornadoes....they scare the heck out of me.
@HazySue (23039)
We ended up with a little rain. Hurricane Michael was kind to us here in central Florida. I bet the puppies will be glad to be scrub bubbly clean.
Glad the hurricane wasn't bad in your area. It looks horrible on tv
@HazySue (23039)
@Marilynda1225 I was watching the news this morning and it was unbelievable. The damage is horrible. I am glad we didn't get the brunt of the storm but feel so bad for those who did and still are.
@HazySue that storm is almost unprecedented at almost a cat5 Glad you didn't get the brunt of the storm an hope you don't get any residual flooding etc as the storm passes through
Your pups will be looking really good too. We have the same groomer for Molly every time too. Not easy to find a groomer with whom a dog is comfortable. Well, in Molly's case, Trisha our groomer is tolerable to Molly.
I remember how cute Molly looked after her last grooming. Neither Mush nor Gizmo get pretty bows on grooming day
@Marilynda1225 That is OK. Molly said that no dog should have to wear bows in their hair. My husband and I haven't the heart to tell Trisha, our dog groomer, to forgo the bows because Trisha just wants to make Molly look like a pretty little girl dog.
@Corbin5 Gizmo had bows once and that was enough for him. He says boys don't get all gussied up and Mush is more tom boy that a pampered princess.
It's a beautiful day in sunny Western Australia. I'm sure you'll be pleased to have the pups all groomed and tidy again.
The pups look adorable and smell good too
@Marilynda1225 Smelling good is always to be aimed for!
You don't bathe your dogs when they get smelly you wait until grooming day?
They get bathed in between but they don't smell as nice as when they are groomed and get the works.
@shaggin that does sound like a lot of work to do yourself. I'm so happy we have someone that our dogs love that comes to the house. Between baths, nails, ears and cuts it takes her about an hour to do each dog. So two hours in total for the works.
Rooger needs a bath very soon too.
Does Rooger like getting a bath?
@Marilynda1225 He likes the warm water, but not the cold hose.
@TRBRocks420 our dogs are little so they aren't much trouble getting into the bathtub
Bet the spa treatment they get is nice. Lucky pups.
They do look nice now and smell good too. I wish I could be pampered with a spa day
9h
@Marilynda1225 I sometimes wish that too.. never have been to a spa though and not sure id like it.
Its great that its such a nice day today and that your daughter is off so she can enjoy it together with you. I recommend enjoying lunch outside today, and letting the dogs enjoy the warm day. I do feel for those who are in the path of the pending hurricane.
We have a rainy day today that is probably the residual of the hurricane. From what I see on the news it's caused lots of damage.
@Marilynda1225 I hope that our members here are safe, I worry about them.
@Morleyhunt (20781)
No doggie groomer needed....it's a hairdresser I need.....usually at short notice....I tend to put it off and then something comes up and I'm suddenly desperate for a haircut.
That sounds like me I put it off until I can't stand it. The dogs get more pampering that I do
@garymarsh6 (14430)
It is always good to have coffee and time to think and plan. Enjoy your day!
I love to sit and relax with my coffee and let my brain wake up. Sometimes it's when I have my best thoughts
It was rainy here today. Our dogs go next week, it's longer in between this time, and they really need it.
My pups were way overdue
@Courage7 (15700)
Good to hear it Marilyn glad you did not have to find another groomer. Do your dogs like it?
I'm very happy I didn't have to look for someone else and yes, the dogs love the groomer and she loves them.
@wolfgirl569 (10063)
• Marion, Ohio
I have one doggie here that needs a shower. Her allergies are bothering her again. She is telling me by scratching her back on my chair.
Enjoy this day and I am sure that the pups will do!
@Janet357 (2952)
How strong was the hurricane therea.
I"m not in the path of the hurricane but from what I can see on television it has caused lots of damage
@Janet357 (2952)
@Marilynda1225 in our country we also suffer from typhoons. Asia, usa, experience typhoon, hurricane and earthquakes. I think europe seldom encounters these.
• Midland, Michigan
Do you get your groceries delivered all the time? We have that service where I work but I've not heard how many other stores are making this available. Impressive that the groomer is willing to come to your home. Does she use the laundry tub to give the dogs their baths or the regular time it sink?