Breakfast in Three Parts

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I don't eat before I go swimming, and this morning I needed to do a little bit of shopping. I needed bananas and sweet potatoes. I don't know why I forgot the sweet potatoes on my last shopping trip, but I've been out of them for a week now and going nuts with what to eat with my meat and veggies. So, arriving home I took two bananas and sat down at the computer to interact with all of you. However, I hadn't made anything else and my eyelids were saying naptime. That meant a two-hour nap. I woke with enough time to make my eggs, and throw the sweet potatoes in the microwave, but not enough time to eat the sweet potatoes. I had a hair appointment at 12:30. So, I only had eggs. Which left me mega hungry, but no time to get the sweet potatoes mashed and eaten before I left. I just got home, mashed the sweet potatoes, threw them back in the microwave for three minutes and now, I'm having the third part of my breakfast at almost 3 p.m. No doubt I'll be having another main meal that hopefully, won't be done in parts. Have you ever run into a situation where you couldn't eat your full meal in one sitting and had to finish it later? I'm not talking about restaurant take home. Meals you made at home that had to be put on hold until later. This is my first time with a meal in parts. Now to get to your posts and see what you've been up to today. Here it's a rainy day, and the last rainy day for the week, praise God. We are soggy here with all the rain we've had. We're almost 10 inches above the normal rainfall for this time last year. Thanks for reading.
A rainy day here too. I usually eat meals in parts due to sort of grazing on fruits and veggies throughout the day.
The weather for us doesn't look great. Are you as soggy as we are? Interesting you eat meals in parts.
@just4him We were soggy yesterday, but today it is quite chilly out there and we have sunshine. Molly have given me my bathroom back! So happy!
@Corbin5 Yea!! You have your bathroom back. Cold here too. I'm seeing white on the weather map now. They had to change one of the cross-country meets for the grandson of my friend I swim with. The referees or someone who runs them walked the field and sunk halfway up his calves in mud. Definitely soggy here too.
@1hopefulman (32419)
We are also having a rainy day and it looks dark and bleak but may till go out if I push myself. Yes, sometimes I am called to do something and I need to finish what I prepared to eat later. Life is life!
I hope you need the rain. We've got record amounts of rain right now. Yes, that's life.
@1hopefulman (32419)
@just4him If it comes in small doses it is easier to put up with. Usually we get more rain in November but we have no choice. I need to get a bigger umbrella as the one that I have is too small. I had a bigger one but I forgot it somewhere.
@1hopefulman I hope you get a bigger umbrella. I'm glad to see the sun. We've got nearly 11 inches of rain above normal.
It happened for sure one time. My husband and I were having lunch, someone knocked at the door, there was a guy of the gas company who needed to do something. We stopped eating, showed him where our gas counter is and waited until he finished working. We finished our lunch later.
Interruptions happen at the oddest times.
@just4him As gas was involved, we thought it was better not to wait.
@LadyDuck I can understand that.
@Inlemay (16875)
• South Africa
I normally just abandon it if I can't eat it in one sitting. That often happens which has made me choose a yogurt tub or something light for Bfast rather
That makes sense.
@xander6464 (2969)
• Wapello, Iowa
I don't mind splitting meals into parts. I only eat one thing at a time anyway and it's just an extension of that.
I eat one thing at a time on my plate, but I've not done it separately like this before.
• Wapello, Iowa
@just4him I can see how it would be a drag if I were really hungry but otherwise, it wouldn't bother me.
@xander6464 I still have half the potatoes and I'm full, finally. I might not have anything else today. We'll see.
Well, that was a long drawn-out breakfast. Hope the weather man has got his forecast correct.
I hope so too. We're in the 40s today. It will be a 30-degree drop from yesterday.
@just4him That's a big drop overnight.
@JudyEv Yes, it was, but I'm glad fall is finally here, and we can look forward to my favorite time of year. Though I've heard we have Indian summer coming. It happens after the first frost. Which we had the last couple of days. It will warm up for a few days and then we'll settle into fall the way we should. The trees are gorgeous.
Yes I have, but ya know its not bad to eat that way.
I guess it's actually good for the digestion.
lot of people do this.I for one do not care.
I didn't know it was common to eat this way.
So it sounds like you had the potatoes for. . . lunch.
And supper. I'm still eating them as I interact here.
@anya12adwi (3233)
• Bhubaneshwar, India
No, not yet.. Because either I have my breakfast or I skip my breakfast.. There's no in between.. But I would love to have such kind of part breakfasts..
It was a different kind of day for me. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
• Bhubaneshwar, India
@just4him Yes, I know that.. But my mom cooks lunch items and there's no stuffs available which I can use to make breakfast.. And even I have to make, I cannot make breakfast only for me, it has to be for everyone which time won't permit
@anya12adwi Sounds like you need to get up earlier so you can make it for everyone.
That has never happened to me.Here we are told not to take bananas on an empty stomach.
Why? I always eat them first thing in the morning.
@just4him They say, that does harm to heart,but some took opposing view.Take it for what it is worth.
@changjiangzhibin89 That's the first I've heard that.
No. I always eat my meals in one sitting. I really concentrate i my eating and relish their delicious tastes. I finish eating first before I go to a chore.
I usually do too. That day was different.
@just4him You were just in a rush to do things one after the other.
@dodoazo (21291)
That's because you're busy as a bee. Time is running out. Sometimes I have experienced it too.
Yes, time is a huge factor when doing anything.
@dodoazo (21291)
@just4him That's true. That's my usual experience when I am preoccupied.
Kinda, as weve made our mac n cheese and mashed potatoes parts and ate but couldnt make the meats part until my brother got home. But never made a full meal and only ate some thrn had the rest later. Glad you still ate though. What is your other meal today? I've only had a small brownie early this morning when i was up to go to the vet. And have no idea what dinner is til we go to the store in about two hours
It turned out to be the only thing I ate yesterday. I've now had breakfast. I finished off the sweet potatoes from yesterday, had my steak, eggs, and bananas.
@just4him ooh. Mm steak and eggs
I always stretch my breakfast, I like it that way, but not the other meals.
It's good when you can as it aids in digestion. I'm not used to eating it that way, but it happened.
Sometimes I graze either consciously or unconsciously.
I've done that too.
That used to happen all the time when I worked nights. I would get up in morning grab a piece of fruit and drive the kids to school. Than go home and take my husband his lunch at work. Than go home and eat something before I went to sleep.
That sounds a lot like how I ate yesterday, though I don't have a husband and no children living at home. Just a busy day.
@Elizaby (3962)
• Pensacola, Florida
There have been times have have eaten a homecooked meal in pieces. Right now it is very brezy with the sun fighting to pirce through the clods. We didn't get too much rain or damage here in Pensacola though some areas in town did lose power unlike just under 100 miles where the wrath of a almost Cat 5 storm (just 2 miles under at landfall) what they are showing on TV is what we saw here when Ivan hit 14 years ago.
I hope you are safe in the storm.
@HazySue (23039)
I have ending up eating one meal in pieces over the day when I am scattered. Sometimes you just can not get yourself together.
That's true for me today.
• Walnut Creek, California
I "graze" often.
That's good you do.