Storm Is Gone

Its very nice outside today, lower humidity but full sun. All we got was just a little rain, light rain, here in central Alabama. We were on the left side of the hurricane, the calm side. My guest/family have left, they are headed back home to west Bay county, Panama city beach. No you may say " Panama city is torn up bad." and you would be right but..... Panama city and Panama city beach are a bay apart. Downtown is to the east toward Mexico beach, the beach part is toward the west heading to Fort Walton. Since my guest have homes toward the west, they were spared by this hurricane, only a few trees down, gutters and trash. Although they have no power they are going back to help with the clean up and to protect their places from looters. On the way they will stop and fill the SUV with water and can goods. BUT.... I sent with them from my personal stockpile : Tin cans ; 1 case of sweet peas 1 case of green beans 1 case of corn Almost a case of ravioli Mixed case of pineapple, salmon, etc. Home canned : 1 case of jelly and jams 1- case of mixed greens 1- case of potatoes Jars of pickles, relish, hot peppers and pickled sausage. And the cases of cokes I bought for them, we drink diet, they do not. Everything I gave them will help, no power means no grocery store, means no food. How do they cook? Gas and charcoal grill. So now I have the house back quiet, it time for me to get back to work, I need to mow the back yard here and begin picking and cleaning greens to home can, I gave the case I made last week away. How is your day?
@Courage7 (15557)
You will be blessed anyway for your kindness to the people Angie. So good of you to send them off with goods from your place. They will be glad of them in the coming days. Day is going good thanks, still me waiting here on dang phone calls to do with moving. This is the worst move I have ever had as far as people not getting on the ball. Other than that it is fine here and I am so glad that you were spared the hurricane mostly. You will be able to get a good rest soon I hope.
Yes I will tonight. That is crazy about those people, rent is rent, I am always in that!
@Courage7 (15557)
@andriaperry Yeah its pretty crazy.
So glad you gave them all that food. I do hope their home will not take long to get back to normal. A chilly day here, but I do like chilly, as does the dog.
I seen a cold front coming down, its gonna be a freezing 49 degree here tomorrow night.
@1hopefulman (32365)
Nice to see things have returned to normal. It's raining here and so went on a long bus ride and caught up on my reading.
I wish we had buses her, I would ride!
@1hopefulman (32365)
@andriaperry I live in a big city and so much time was wasted driving. Now I ride the bus and don't waste my time as I love to read when I'm on the bus.
that was very nice of you.The day was okay.The weather sucks.lol
Yes. I am glad your day is okay. The weather is sunny here.
@andriaperry warm and sunny How are the dogs doing there.
@amadeo They are good, Roscoe got a spanking for chasing the cat.
Do you miss the raccoon?
She took it to her daughter yesterday morning I feel sorry for any wild animal that has to live in a cage .
@andrewijaa (2692)
• Malang, Indonesia
I think ... I would like you to feed them and hopefully their house will be fine too
It is and yes I did.
• Malang, Indonesia
@andriaperry yes ... will you do it every day?
@andrewijaa No they went home.
That is so kind of you to help then the way you did and sending then home with canned goods. I am sure the home made things especially will be much appreciated. It has rained here all day I hate it!
I hope so she was raised on the home canned foods her mom is one that helped teach me to do it.
@andriaperry awesome!
@DWDavis (14048)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I am glad you were spared and your guests will return to intact homes. So good of them to be taking supplies for others back in with them.
In their area they watch out for the elderly too, especially the ones who are not wealthy and have a second home inland.
@DWDavis (14048)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@andriaperry They will be seen as angels of mercy when they arrive.
Wow, you have to be the hostess with the mostest! How very generous of you to send them home with that huge care package.
It was weird with that many people here, they used to come to my other house in town but I had moved to get away from people.
What a generous soul you are and I'm sure your products will be really appreciated over the new few weeks.
Yes, someone will eat it.
@CarolDM (2031)
Good for you for giving them a good place to stay during the storm. The weather is beautiful here in TN. Got some rain last night and now cooler finally.
Its down right cold here tonight
@1creekgirl (11919)
Angie, I'm so thankful you all were spared the worst of the hurricane. God will certainly bless you for blessing your relatives with all that food.
Yes me too! God will always bless me cause he loves me.
@jobelbojel (8127)
That was nice of you Instant relief goods. I hope that the storm won't devastate other places.
It will with rain, some places have to much rain and makes the trees fall over.
@wolfgirl569 (9956)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad to hear that they have homes to go back to. I was just looking at pictures of the damage.
Yes, since I lived down in PC.beach, I know town is 30 miles away from the strip that people visit. It got bad there with wind, rain and the waves but nothing like the east side of that storm.