Sometime Last Night Fall Fell

Image from Pixabay
@DWDavis (15902)
Pikeville, North Carolina
Yesterday's high temperature here was in the 80sF (25C) with a heat index of 90F (30C). This morning when I let the dogs out it was 61F (16C) and our high is only supposed to reach 72F (21C). The low overnight tonight is forecast to drop to 49F (10C). I would say Fall has finally fallen here in eastern NC. The photo is from Pixabay. I chose this because...pretty girl on autumn leaves. Has Fall found you yet? (Or Spring, for my southern hemisphere friends?)
@CarolDM (9194)
A beautiful photo I agree. The temperatures are finally feeling like fall. 40s this morning. 60s now.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
40s overnight and 60s during the day are my kind of Fall days.
@CarolDM (9194)
@DWDavis Yes indeed, and they have finally arrived after a long hot summer.
@playertwo (1761)
yes feels like fall where i live too.
yes it has.A cool weekend and some frost for some.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Frost already. Then again, I remember seeing snow in early October in New Hampshire way back when during my one semester at Plymouth State.
@playertwo (1761)
that happens where i live all the time.
@DWDavis You went to Plymouth State what year was that.
@Courage7 (21839)
Yes its blinking freezing here the last few days but I am loving it.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
My son is in North Dakota and they've already had a good bit of snow and days where it didn't get above freezing. Tough conditions for a boy raised in the south.
@Courage7 (21839)
@DWDavis Oh gosh yeah he would definitely be roughing it.
@playertwo (1761)
i love cold weather too.
It is getting cooler here in SoCal with more overcast mornings.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Is the overcast normal for this time of year?
@DWDavis The mornings yes this afternoon is summer like.
@playertwo (1761)
we get cold winters too.
Yeppers DW it is finally here and in full force I might add-- although there is still so much GREEN that a few more nights in the 40's and the leaves will reveal their autumness !
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
We have a couple of nights of the mid to upper 40s this weekend and then by the end of next week several in a row if the current forecast holds up. That should put an end to our long spell of green and, hopefully, an end to mowing the lawn until next spring.
@myklj999 (21031)
It's currently 38 this morning with a high of 53 expected, so...
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
38 isn't too bad for overnight but it would be nicer if the day was a little warmer by say 15 or 20 degrees.
It is 41 F here and rainy. Fall has definitely arrived here.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Was 41F the low or high for the day? I wouldn't mind if it was the low temperature. If it was the high temperature, no thank you, I'll stick with our 70 degree days for now.
@DWDavis It is the high temp. The low was 31 F. Nippy out there.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Corbin5 I think I'll keep our current forecast of 60 to 70 degree days and 40 to 50 degree nights for the next couple of weeks.
@Tina30219 (37690)
• Onaway, Michigan
Yeah fall is here where I live as well. I will have to get some pictures and share them in a post the colors are really pretty right now.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
The vibrant color changes are one of the things I miss about fall living here in eastern NC. We get some foliage but not much.
@Tina30219 (37690)
• Onaway, Michigan
@DWDavis That is one thing I really did not like about living in the south the colors do not change like they do where I live now.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Tina30219 A few hours drive west of here and there are some nice foliage views.
@arunima25 (10274)
• Bangalore, India
Our country does not have fall. It is just moving towards winter slowly.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
How cold do the winters get there in your area?
@arunima25 (10274)
• Bangalore, India
@DWDavis The place where I stay now is Bangalore and it is pleasant through out year with constant drizzles and showers. But I grew up in Delhi in North India which has extreme temperatures in Summer and winter. It can be horribly hot with temperature soaring at 47_48 degree Celsius in summer and it can drop down to 1_2 degrees in winter.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@arunima25 I cannot imagine daily temperatures in the high 40C range, and I expect it is very humid as well.
Yes, we've had a couple of spring days and are expecting many more to come. Yay Spring!
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I know you will welcome spring as it comes with the longer days and shorter nights, warmer temperatures and blooming plants.
@DWDavis That's true. It would be lovely to have the long twilights that Ireland gets (our son is there) but unfortunately we don't get those.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@JudyEv Long summer evenings was one of the things I enjoyed most about living in New Hampshire the few years I spent there. Not quite the long twilights Ireland enjoys but much more than we have down here in NC.
I would take the 72.....we were at 32F this morning when I took my son to school. Fall has found us here for sure!
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
32F does not sound fall like to me. For us, that would be downright wintery.
@DWDavis It did warm up to the 60's once it got past morning time. Winter may be coming early for us unfortunately!
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@MommyOfEli2013 We are praying for a mild, snowless winter after the hurricanes we've had blowing through here. We cannot afford any more days out of school.
It fell very quickly, Thursday we had a high in the 80's, and i went to sleep with the air conditioning and woke up to the low 40's tonight we get to the 30's and a high Saturday of 50, and it will be like that way until the really cold weather!
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
In my book lows in the 30s and highs in the 50s is the really cold weather.
@DWDavis It used to be cold weather, But last winter we were not even getting above zero for the high, and it is expected to be that way this winter again! you are lucky where you live!
It rained yesterday and it's beautiful today, but the temperature has not changed a lot, we are from 70 to 75 F.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
That is a perfect temperature range in my book.
@DWDavis Unusual for a month of October, but pleasant.
@yoalldudes (5044)
Unfortunately, we don't have fall in our country. I wish to experience it one time.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Here in eastern NC we have Fall in the form of temperatures dropping and leaves falling but don't get the vibrant colors they get in western NC or up in the north.
@DWDavis Thanks fo sharing. I thought its the same in that entire part of the world
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
I just checked it's fifty seven here right now. I wonder if fall is here too or if it's just a cold snap following the hurricane.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
For you, it may be a cold snap. Y'all don't see many days in the 50s do you, even in winter?
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@DWDavis we do. Last year we had several days in the teens and twenties. And since this summer was so hot, this winter will be bad again..I don't mind it so much, since I grew up in Oregon. But people here bundle up if it's under 70..
@quantum2020 (10185)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
There are no signs of Fall here yet but it´s supposed to start next month, which is close
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
How cold do the fall nights get there?
@wolfgirl569 (13980)
• Marion, Ohio
It fell a couple of days ago here. Almost 9 and only 46 out.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Our lows the next couple of nights are supposed to be in the 40s, but the warming up some next week, before falling back again mid-week.
Yes it is fall here too and starting to get cold down to the 30s in the morning.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I'm not ready for the 30s yet, thank you. I don't mind nights in the 40s and days in the upper 60s lower 70s.
• Denver, Colorado
The last couple of days have been very fall-like. Better than cold and snow!