On Gender Equality

This was the topic in the convention yesterday. I felt grateful for the women before this generation who went to the streets to and fought for the rights of the women. Now we enjoy the fruits of their sacrifices. We owe it to them. We have more choices and more opportunities are open for women. But this also created double burden for women because she now works plus care for the household and children. This can be addressed by having the husband share in household care and care of children.
@lady1993 (20416)
I don' think this can ever be achieved though There are many double standards still, for girls and guys... but it sure is a bit better these days
I still have to buy blue souvenir shirt for my 4 month old nephew else her mother would say im making him gay if i give pink
@lady1993 (20416)
@yoalldudes that is kind of sexist though (is that even the right term)
@lady1993 Yes it was the term.
@montaun (262)
Fight the patriarchy! I'm gad things are changing albeit slowly.
It is funny when the speaker called the men absolute male chaivinist pigs for refusong vasectomy while women have ligation
@montaun Sad truth.
@flapiz (7003)
Some women argue that gender equality had indeed just made things harder for women. Now you’re expected to work and do childcare and domestic works. But career wise this had given women a chance to not be reliant on men.
To be economically independent is awesome.
@flapiz (7003)
@yoalldudes But gender equality should also mean men taking more responsibility in domestic works and childcare, hand in hand with the woman. Otherwise it will be too heavy on women.
@flapiz yes it was termed double burden in the talks
Very wise advice my friend.
You seem to support women's cause
@yoalldudes Yes, support it there should be equal everything.
@JustBhem (44207)
• Davao, Philippines
But this won't apply to anyone. Mostly husband is the provider, and since every day we experience changes. And having one working is not enough these days. Especially if you already have kids in school.
If both work, both should share in household responsibilities
@JustBhem (44207)
• Davao, Philippines
@yoalldudes Of course, depending on who has a lot of work.
@arunima25 (9218)
• Bangalore, India
Gender equality is still at infancy stage. A lot needs to be changed with societal mindset. But we definitely need to be grateful to those who fought for women rights and are still fighting. We are hopeful of better times in future.
That is true. I hope things change for the better with happy people
@arunima25 (9218)
• Bangalore, India
@yoalldudes Yes ladies being mothers can help a lot by bringing up their sons and daughters equally.
@rakski (23475)
I agree with that. Shared responsibility is good in the house.
@rakski (23475)
I am glad you are having a good day. I am sure these days will continue. I am finding many changes going on around the world.
It is definitely an exciting time.
@yoalldudes That is good Mitchell, I am glad to hear it. Tonight is relaxing on my end too.
@Inlemay (17140)
• South Africa
i think gender equality just shifted its equator
@rsa101 (16139)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Haha time for us men to share responsibility in housework. That is something that wasn't talked about much when the women's rights were being fought for. I guess they were busy fighting for their right to join ranks with working men and they never realised that after getting the right to work equally with men they were still have to deal with household chores back home.
If both work and want to pursue careers, both should take care of household. But if they agree that one will work and the other will take care of the house it is fine as well
If you are lucky enough to find a husband that will help out at home and cooking meals.
Luck is indeed a factor in finding a good man
@shubhu3 (21141)
• New Delhi, India
I agree. It's really important to have equality and if it's not there to fight for it.