Can we get this straight - does advertising break the rules?

@indexer (2073)
Leicester, England
This morning I have already reported three posts on MyLot that appear to be blatant advertising, in the belief that this violates the MyLot terms and conditions. However, on searching through the T and Cs I have failed to find a line that specifically prohibits the advertising of goods or services that are otherwise "above board". So should I have let these posts pass unscathed?
I see that JJ posted the link to the guidelines. It is clearly stated that it's against the guidelines.
@DEMI12 (736)
• Guangdong, China
I think so ?
@DEMI12 ??? Do you think so what?
@DEMI12 (736)
• Guangdong, China
@LadyDuck It is clearly stated that it's against the guidelines.imean i agree with you
As I am told, that I can say the name of my business and talk about it all I want, I just cannot add link to MY business in MY discussion. You will notice that every book author here says the name of their book often and when it it finished and published. It does not break the rules. So this is a fine line that is to be followed. But I can link to a youtube video about " how to make so n so" and that is fine as long as I am not in that video. As far as I know/ understand the rule is to self promotion.
@indexer those get reported very quickly. Kind of bad when your user name IS your website or the product you are selling. I report those often.
They never learn do they?
Sadly Yes. I think they don`t even tried to check the guidelines here
@shubhu3 (21517)
• New Delhi, India
Do what is right in your own sight.
I am not sure since I have not seen it. I think a link to a site would be against the rules. I am just hoping I would not be breaking any. I showed my baskets but no links are added. Jj would sure let me know. That would be nice. Good day.
@miketagz (8821)
I don't know why other users didn't follow the rules.
@Daelii (6185)
I think they should be reported... and if its not suppose to be, the mod will tell you?
That is what I would have said @Daelii . If we report in good conscience and it is okay, then no harm is done.
You have some helpful answers here. I have benefited from the information too.
@sugartoes (43246)
• Greencastle, Indiana
well if you had of taken a screen shot of one of them THEN asked the answer may not have been as hard to answer but since there's no way of looking at it to see the answer would be up to the staff.
@Arrazzi (203)
I still try to answer it.
@debjani1 (2913)
No idea as I didn't go through the guidelines before joining the site.
@HazySue (23809)
I have believed since I joined that it is against the rules. I think you did right.
@rsa101 (16193)
• Quezon City, Philippines
I think I am not guilty of this as I do not promote anything in here. So far I haven’t encountered anyone who blatantly violates this rule. If I see ine I am sure admin or moderator would easily spot it and remove it.
@Loyd12 (132)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
I think the older member here knows best for that.
• Japan
Report them! Report them!
@ilocosboy (39047)
There are discussions like that but I think moderator is kind enough to give some considerations.
i think admin will automatically remove it even if you don't report
@acelawrites (12519)
I agree; and JJ posted about that rule.
@1hopefulman (33664)
I think you did well because if they are not violating the rules then they will not be removed.
• Austin, Texas
Your question has already been answered. Users should read the rules but they don't always. I actually caught myself violating the rules. Fortunately nobody noticed and I fixed it before I got reported. But like JJ says, it's better if your report and let the owners decide.