***Admin post*** Hey everyone! Just a reminder on malicious/vendictive reporting of posts.

Last night and this morning, my moderator and I spent a good deal of time clearing out our reported discussions list of a very unusually high volume of reports. Some were clear violations and were removed (of course), others were most likely reported in good faith, though weren't violations (it's cool, it happens, no harm done). There were a number of others, however, that for various reasons, seem to be done either to annoy us (never a good idea), or targeted a particular member (not very nice). ]Let me state clearly, I do not see who reported a post when I go to this list. I do not have direct access to this information. I can, however, and when circumstances warrant it, have Bugsy "pop the hood" and fish around in files (please don't ask me where or how he does this, I have no idea, just trust in the Bugs) and get that information for me. I did not take that action this time. I don't know who it was, nor am I going to investigate any further. All of that being said, The malicious or vindictive abuse of the report function can result in the unceremonious removal of your account. You don't want that, and neither do we really. Nor do I want to discourage anyone from honestly reporting real, or even perceived violations. We forgive mistakes, we really do, so if you honestly believe you are reporting a violation, and we null the report because it wasn't, we don't hold it against you. We promise. But if your intention is "less than honorable", please think twice about hitting that report button. Be excellent to each other. -Alex
@myklj999 (19940)
There seems to be a certain mentality that thinks reporting a post = deletion of a post. And I know there are people that will report a post just because they don't like it (or the person who wrote it)...which was the failure we had with the [+] [-] ratings years ago. People used [-] on posts they didn't like, instead of posts that really shouldn't have been here.
@kobesbuddy (57452)
• East Tawas, Michigan
There's so much judgement, when someone holds a grudge. And in many cases, it's because they don't fully understand what's being said! When there are two ways of seeing things, some always view it from the negative aspect If I say, 'Hi, how are you today?' This will cause offense:(
I remember those days, specially those who have multiple accounts ( hope they're gone now) tends to troll you around.
@myklj999 (19940)
@Letranknight2015 It helped when they started requiring new accounts to have at least (100) before they could rate people, that stopped people that were making troll accounts just to neg rate people
Thank you @myklj999 for suggesting this * Admin Post*. I have noticed that some people attack other members when they disagree with something that has been written, a childish and vindictive attitude. As this is a discussion site, the best should be to type a honest opinion and explain the reasons why a user disagree with what written. Thanks for keeping an eye on the site to avoid abuses.
@AKRao24 (21433)
I fully agree with you @LadyDuck! When we have a right to place our views, we should always consider people also have the right to say! It is up to us to accept the views or not! But we must respect the views and proceed ahead as this is a public discussion forum where every has a right to say!
@AKRao24 The purpose to discuss would be missed if users would take as an offense every post talking about something that they do not like, appreciate or think is wrong. Freedom is being able to express our opinion.
@AKRao24 (21433)
@LadyDuck , that is very true and I appreciate your views!
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you for putting the word out there honestly and with sensitivity.
• Austin, Texas
I'm not gonna stop my vindictive reporting. I do it late at night and I wear sunglasses so you won't recognize me. Bugs will never catch me! Moo ah ha ha ha … Of course I'll know I've been caught when my account is "unceremoniously removed".
@FourWalls (15820)
I hope you reported this post, too!
@vandana7 (68562)
I agree bugs will never catch you. Hopefully you don't catch the bug either.
• San Jose, California
LOL funny
@velvet53 (17720)
• Palisade, Colorado
Yours rules should be easy to follow. I don't like people getting into trouble just because someone doesn't like them. But we know that they will keep trying.
• San Jose, California
Yes,they should be easy to follow
@velvet53 (17720)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Aquitaine24 I don't report things. I figure if they do something wrong they will figure it out.
Thank you admin, for the reminder
Thanks for the information and thanks @myklj999 for the suggestion. I've only ever reported about two posts I think.
@vandana7 (68562)
Now I know who that malicious vindictive person is that nearly got my posts deleted. Evil Grin.
@ptrikha_2 (10852)
@vandana7 ha ha you figure out things quite fast !!
@ptrikha_2 (10852)
@vandana7 oh my God!
@pgntwo (22755)
• Tripoli, Lebanon
Love the last line! We are awesome, we should remember that...
@topffer (36380)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
I want to anchor my virtual boat in Alexandria next week, I hope that you will not report me for plagiarism.
@vandana7 (68562)
I am excellent to you pgntwo, then you can't be excellent to me, right? I mean, only one of us can manage to do that or am I wrong?
@myklj999 (19940)
@vandana7 Bill & Ted said "Be excellent to each other"
Now I'm all curious who is messing around.
• San Jose, California
So am I!
@AKRao24 (21433)
@Aquitaine24 and @AmbiePam, the only way to find out is to be active all the while on the forum so that you can keep track!
There is one I know who does it My poor innocent discussions get deleted sometimes.
@myklj999 (19940)
Only after being reviewed by Admin
@myklj999 That is a known fact but what is disturbing is reporters are extremely partial
@sugartoes (43246)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@allknowing well you can erasure it's not me reporting your post I need all the friends I can get on here & that would be just MEAN to do on here.
Wow, Time really flies by since some people had abuse the RATE the star reputation thing. Now, they abuse the report button? I think they're just bored with what they do in their lives and chose to annoy people in the mylot community. They never quit do they.
@ptrikha_2 (10852)
@Letranknight2015 people vent their frustration of other places here. Unacceptable!
• San Jose, California
I don't remember the rate star.
@Aquitaine24 I was here long before mylot started to reboot.
@myklj999 (19940)
I wonder if anyone has been stupid enough to report this post
@vandana7 (68562)
How dare you call anybody stupid ...that is not being excellent JJ...SMH.
@owlwings (39878)
• Cambridge, England
• San Jose, California
No, I won't report it.
Most of the post I report are the ones that re promoting something. I don´t even bother to report one liners (typical of newbies) or poll like posts that I just don´t bother to answer.
@myklj999 (19940)
@rakski But how do you know I don't own it?
@rakski I haven´t come acrross a mylot owner.
@myklj999 (19940)
@marguicha I have...myLotBugs
@m_audrey6788 (17261)
Noted Thank you for keep on reminding us
@sugartoes (43246)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@m_audrey6788 thank you for letting me in on this, I love when people send me suggestion post from other place on here cause sometime I can't find them.
@sugartoes Me too. Glad to help others see important discussion
@m_audrey6788, yeah me too thanks for suggesting though it was sent late i already commented
• Dallas, Texas
Thanks for the update.
@CarolDM (6092)
Thanks for letting us know.
@JustBhem (44367)
• Davao, Philippines
Thank you for sharing this important information, Admin Alex.
It's awful when someone goes on a rampage abusing the report button. It reminded me of the abuse in the star rating back in the old mylot days.. Thanks for this post. I hope they get to read and understand what this post really means.
Ah the Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure reference, nails this ! great post to keep all kinds of abuse at zero tolerance, good people we have here letting us play in this playground of thoughts . . .
Sounds like a reporting troll has been on the loose! Yah, that's so not cool when if someone is using the report button just to get back at people - I feel like telling 'em "grow up"!
• Walnut Creek, California
I didn't even know that kind of thing happened here.
@TheHorse It shouldn't - but I guess there can be pretty immature people out there.
@sugartoes (43246)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I don't hit the report button I just send the post to the P M & let you decide rather it be deleted or not & I don't really do a lot of THAT either cause I know your busy doing stuff.
@myklj999 (19940)
Hitting the report button does the exact same thing as sending them a PM about it actually
@owlwings (39878)
• Cambridge, England
@myklj999 ... and I believe it creates a lot less hassle for Admin. It's worth sending a PM, though, if it might not be exactly obvious what the problem is.