Traveling Done, Back to Reality

Tampi Pier, Negros Oriental, Philippines
@thelme55 (15299)
Germany
Hello my fellow mylotters! I am back again. I am back to the reality of my life for 2 weeks now but it is only now that I am back to Mylot. My travel to Visayas islands was great though my cousin in Cebu which I was expecting to see, died of stroke a few days before we arrived to our planned date for visiting our relatives. I met again my aunt whom I have seen last when I was a small kid. She's 82 now and she still remembers me. Sadfully, her son, died before we could talk to each other. I was able to meet my other cousins and relatives whom I have not met for ages. After visiting my relatives with my cousin, we continued our travel to Negros Oriental to visit my friend and her German husband for a few days. It was a wonderful visit as we came to know her sisters who were there, too. There was a pool party when we arrived. It was a thanksgiving party. It was great. By the way, that White House on top of the hill was where my cousin and I stayed for that vacation. A small paradise for us with the view of Tampi pier. Sunrise Fan, sorry I was not able to meet you. Maybe next time as I have to go back there. I forgot my jeans jacket in my friends guest house. I hope everything is still fine here in Mylot. Is there any news? I am looking forward to read your posts. Thanks for reading.
@lady1993 (20427)
Oh you went to Cebu? where did you stay?
@thelme55 (15299)
We stayed in waterfront airport hotel and then in other hotel in the city center when we were visiting the Basilica @lady1993.
@lady1993 (20427)
@thelme55 oh, waterfront is nice but a bit far from the Basilica
@thelme55 (15299)
@lady1993 yes, it was in Mactan near the airport.
@ilocosboy (39231)
You have a fruitful vacation there and its nice to meet relatives and friends.
@sunrisefan (21579)
Her vacation was a mixture of happy and sad because one of her cousins whom she was supposed to visit passed away due to stroke.
@thelme55 (15299)
@sunrisefan so true. He was already looking forward to our visit but then, his time on earth is finished.
@sunrisefan (21579)
@thelme55 We can never know the day nor the time we are called. Tomorrow will be the burial of my classmate and my sister called if I'm attending the burial but I told her I'm having a fever and just forced myself to attend an important meeting tonight.
@Icydoll (26377)
Very glad that you had a nice trip.very cool picture there .
@thelme55 (15299)
Thank you @Icydoll.
@rsa101 (16280)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Looks like you have a great time in your travels. Although I think there were sad moments but I think your travel and meeting with friends and relatives made it great overall.
@thelme55 (15299)
Yes, indeed @rsa101. That time I thought that I have to enjoy life before my time in this world is done. Hopefully I will still have many years to enjoy.
Good to see you back again and glad you had a fun time.
@thelme55 (15299)
Thanks @TRBRocks420.
@sofssu (15386)
Sorry for your loss. Looks like you did have a nice visit otherwise. Hope to see you around.
@thelme55 (15299)
Thank you @sofssu. Yes, it was a nice visit though it was sad as the coffin was still in the living room when we arrived.
@sofssu (15386)
@thelme55 Hmm.. must have been very sad. Hugs to you my dear.
@thelme55 (15299)
@sofssu yes, it was. Thank you
It sounds like you are having a great time visiting family and enjoying the warm weather. We have snow today.
@thelme55 (15299)
Yes, I was enjoying it @BelleStarr. Enjoy your snow. I will not be in snow this year as I am in the Philippines.
@thelme55 I am so sorry about your cousin, that must have been an unpleasant shock.
@thelme55 (15299)
@BelleStarr yes, it was indeed.
That was sad about your cousin, his mother must have been devastated.
@thelme55 That's one blessing from Alzheimer I suppose.
@thelme55 (15299)
@jaboUK yes, it seems.
You sure had a nice vacation.
@thelme55 (15299)
Yes, I had @jstory07. Thank you.
@acelawrites (12557)
It is great to meet cousins you had not met met for so long; maybe next time you can have longer vacations? That's a very nice house overlooking the sea.
@sol_cee (18249)
• Japan
Glad to see you back Thelma-san!~
Hello Thelma we talked about you with Sol_cee last week, discussing about Thai massage. I am glad to see you back and I am glad to know that you had such a wonderful time visiting your relatives and friends.
@Janet357 (5197)
You have a long vacation! And nice pic ha?
@shubhu3 (22045)
• New Delhi, India
Glad you had a great time there.
That looks like a beautiful location to stay, and my condolences to the loss of your cousin. How sad. We've had nothing but sorrow while you were away. Welcome back.
May your cousin rest in peace.
@miketagz (8829)
Sad to hear about that kid. At least you enjoy the vacation
@redtesha (1209)
I am sorry for your lost. And glad you enjoy your travel at same time
It is nice to explore places, my friend. I wish I can do that soon
@sunrisefan (21579)
There's always another time, Ms. Thelma :) Thanks for sharing the above photo which shows the "White House" of your friend. Life is indeed full of surprises. Just like one of your cousins whom you expected to meet in Cebu passed away, an elementary to high school classmate of mine also passed unexpectedly last October 28 due to heart attack. I only go to my home city twice a year - during All Soul's Day and on Christmas or thereabouts but last September 2, I went to my home city for the birthday of a nephew. I still met that classmate of mine when I passed by the church to light a candle to the patron saint and he was till so healthy and looked good. He went to the parish convent to have a new car bought by his daughter blessed. He told me that his daughter planned to bring him and his wife for a visit to Spain (they have Spanish passports actually because his father was Spanish) so it was a great shock for me to receive a text from my younger sister informing of his passing. Maybe next time you come for a visit would be the chance for a meet up with you and my wife :)