What health issues do you go through?

@Janet357 (4860)
Health is wealth as they say. But let’s admit it, we can’t be completely healthy throughout our lives. Young and old, most of us have minor and major health issues that sometimes stress us. Hospital is one of the places I dread most. I try to be healthy because when I get old, i don’t like to be its regular. At my age, 38, the very health issue i have is migraine due to these factors: sunlight and period. Other than that nothing. What about you, what are health issues you have and how do you mend them?
As of now, I am on medication for 3 months for my fatty liver. It didn't show in my SGPT result since it is normal there. But whenever I have an ultrasound it appears. Then I had a CT scan and it still appears. Thus, the doctor gave me a medication for fatty liver. This November I will be finished with the medication and will go back to the doctor. I hope the fats will be gone by then already,
@Janet357 (4860)
Now i got curious: what’s the cause of fatty liver?
@Janet357 One is too much sugar or sweet intake. The liver turns the sugar or sweets into cholesterol. Of course eating fatty foods also give cholesterol. Thus too much of the cholesterol in the liver results into fatty liver.
@Janet357 (4860)
@SIMPLYD oh, what about cleansing diet? Have you tried?
I was diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome, kidney disease, at age 5. I was the experiment kid for the pill form of cortisone, steroids, at Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago, IL. The other kids got the shots. My kidneys do a good job, unless I get any kind of infection. I have only had 4 flareups over the years, and those were due to sinus infections for which I failed to get an antibiotic. So, if I get a bad cold, I am always prescribed an antibiotic, to get rid of the infection as soon as possible.
@Courage7 (18207)
Sorry to hear you have migraines. Yes most of us have one health issue at least. I have some serious ones unfortunately but I am still grateful to be able to manage them.
@Janet357 (4860)
At least not serious dear. I think it would be so stressful if we had these terminal illnesses, i dont even wanna think about it.
@Courage7 (18207)
@Janet357 Yes it is scary. Cancer in my family. I hope I dont get it.
@Janet357 (4860)
@Courage7 yes. The thought of it dreads me, no cure has ever been invented yet
When I was 38, I didn't have any health issues. I was healthy and slimmer than I am now. Now, I'm in the senior citizen range, and my health is not the best. I'm obese and doing what I can to lose weight, successfully. I also have ulcerative colitis for which I need to go to the hospital every 8 weeks for an infusion - a medication IV. I'm glad it's only once every eight weeks. I'll be going this morning. I leave in a few minutes. It takes three hours for the IV. I also have osteoporosis and arthritis. It's tough getting old. And recently, I think I've developed an ulcer.
@Janet357 (4860)
Oh dear, how did you develop these? Did some factors affect your lifestyle that lead to these health issues?
@Janet357 I don't know how it developed.
@leny34 (2544)
• Sidoarjo, Indonesia
I am thankful that until now I am still healthy, and I have not had any complaints about the health that I felt at this time
@Janet357 (4860)
Maybe because you are young and careful with the food you eat.
@leny34 (2544)
• Sidoarjo, Indonesia
@Janet357 yes it might be like that
@rsa101 (16160)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Right now I am monitoring my sugar and cholesterol. They are not yet elevated high but borderline already. The doctor didn't recommend any medicines yet and tell me to just watch my diet. Once it breaches the borderline then I will be on a lifetime medication.
@Janet357 (4860)
You better nt reach that borderline. The maintenance for such is kinda expensive. I had the same findings too some years ago, i just wondered at that time because i wasnt fond of sweats or what so how did i get it?
@rsa101 (16160)
• Quezon City, Philippines
@Janet357 I think it comes with age and genes. So far it has been there for years now. It remains the same and not crossing borders yet. But I am anticipating that it will come one of these days when body becomes weak and immune system is down. :(
@Janet357 (4860)
@rsa101 yes because our body is like a machine. Years or working will deteriorate it.
I'm lucky - I'll be 79 next month and am really healthy. I had a hip replaced a couple of years ago, but that's all.
@Janet357 (4860)
And you are 79! What is your secret of being still healthy at such age?
@Janet357 I was always very active when I was young, very sporty. I worked outside, rode horses for a living. But I've always eaten whatever I wanted, far too much sweet stuff but it's not done me any harm.
@Janet357 (4860)
@jaboUK oh, that’s the reward of being sporty. Aside from horse riding, what sports are you into?
@dismalgrin (2566)
I have Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis
@Janet357 (4860)
Do they annoy you everyday? How do you deal with the pain?
@Janet357 i take a lot of medicine. And just living with it, you get used to it a little.
@Janet357 (4860)
@dismalgrin sorry for that. But the bible promises in Isaiah 33:24 “And no resident will say ‘I am sick’.... This will be our life in the paradise promised by Jehovah God.
I'm pretty lucky considering what other people have. I have recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol which are normal now thanks to meds, diet, and exercise.
@Janet357 (4860)
Minor health issues ms. D that can be cured by healthy lifestyle.
@CarolDM (5862)
I try not to complain. If something comes up, I get it taken care of and try to keep going.
@Janet357 (4860)
Yes. Usually we get it from our lifestyle or it’s just in ou genes.
@CarolDM (5862)
@Janet357 A lot from our genes for sure.
@debjani1 (2847)
More or less everyone is suffering from health issues. I am suffering from back pain while standing for a longer period. So I tried to avoid long time standing.
@Janet357 (4860)
Has it been on you for long?
@debjani1 (2847)
@Janet357 may be 6 years.
No big time health issues other then my teeth at times.
@Janet357 (4860)
:) why teeth? Like you suffer from toothache from time to time?
@ilocosboy (38860)
Its my stomach, I think I have ulcer and when I forget to eat my stomach aches.
@Janet357 (4860)
You avoic acidic drinks like coffee and tea and soda.
@ilocosboy (38860)
Yeah I'm doing my best.
I guess I am still lucky to have no serious illnesses. I just have pain on my right wrist joint. I am not sure if it an arthritic condition. Keep being healthy
@Janet357 (4860)
I have this feeling it is. Am not sure how to mend arthritis though.
@Janet357 It is okay, my friend. I can deal with it. I just used my learning as a Physiotherapist.
@iridion9 (10780)
my knee hurts lol
@Janet357 (4860)
Some massage:)
@Icydoll (25916)
I just have sinus issues other than that I'm ok. My Friend also suffer from migraine my friend is using medicines for it.
@Janet357 (4860)
Maybe because you are still young. Yes, some take medicines but in my case i dont. Because i dont want to be dependent on it. I take a vitamin rich in iron, this somehow minimizes my migraine. But before, i easily got it even a minute exposure to the sun.
I just had a terrible gout for like three months but with medication it ended last month. Now, I'm being careful with what I eat.
@mimpi1911 (25479)
Hi Janet! It's indeed a blessing to have a healthy body and mind and I am glad that you are doing quite well that way. Migraine can be very painful at times though. My niece has it and she is at extreme discomfort at times. It really hurts to see her at pain. I was doing OK until two years back when I was diagnosed with Uveitis/ Iritis. It's a kind of inflammation of the eyes where you can't see properly and your vision gets affected by light, wind etc. You get grittiness in the eyes due to dry eyes. The only treatment is steroid which again has side effects. Now, I am off the flare, thankfully. You take care dear.