Let It Snow

Do you get a lot of snow where you live ? It is a very rare event here in Mississippi. The biggest snow that I have ever experienced here was in 1997. I have lived places where we got lots of snow every year. ( Michigan, Germany and West Virginia) Every year I dream of a white Christmas. My last white Christmas was in Germany in 1976. So do you love snow , tolerant it or hate it ? Have you ever had a white Christmas ? Photograph is of my son in the big snow of 1997.
I have never experienced a white Christmas except in the movies.
Would you like to ?
@Tampa_girl7 No, I do not like the cold.
@Janet357 (4796)
you are funny john
• Uzbekistan
White Christmases have become rare in Germany, too.
Awe, that is sad. Does it at least still snow every year ?
• Uzbekistan
@Tampa_girl7 No, not even that. Or if it does, there will only be some snowflakes. I remember snow-rich winters from my childhood, but the climate change is noticeable.
@MALUSE we had what seemed like a massive amount in Germany during the 70's and 80's. Do you miss it ?
I dislike snow and spend my winters in Florida to avoid it. I have had my fill of snow, cold, and ice. I prefer palm trees, green grass, colorful flowers, and the best, the sound of waves.
You know that I love Florida too and all that it has to offer.
@Tampa_girl7 Yes, I know. It's awesome there and a tropical paradise!
We get snow here, in fact, living in the area that we currently do is considered to be in a snow belt, so we get more then we are even used to. I tolerate driving in it, as I'm a nervous driver and probably drive way to slow for my own good. I do love a fresh snowfall, there is no other beauty such as that. And the quiet hush that it brings, muffling sounds that we don't really need to hear, so nice.
I still feel the wonder and excitement when I see the snowflakes
@Tampa_girl7 So do I, it usually isn't unless there's a lot of it and I have to drive thru a storm or when it gets old, like in late January that I don't like it.
@Ronrybs (7908)
• London, England
Mostly we get a few days of light snow that doesn't last, but every now and again we get a right heavy falling. That tends to be a shock to the system!
@playertwo (1148)
we get lots of snow where i live.
@Ronrybs (7908)
• London, England
@playertwo My days of enjoying snow are now behind me - hard stuff to pedal through!
Yes, rarely here in Virginia, but in my home area of NW PA about 50 percent of the Christmases are white.
@playertwo (1148)
yes we get snow where i live to and even ice storms.
We can get lots of snow here in Pennsylvania but even they aren't quite as bad as those I remember as a child. Such a cute picture of your son
It was the first time that he had seen that much snow.
Yes we get snow in New Jersey. Sometimes we get blizzards and get 2 feet of snow at once. I hate the snow. I would be happy to never see it again.
I do remember that I grow tired of it if it takes forever to melt. Walking in it was also quite the chore, but I still love it.
@Dena91 (4749)
I love love love love love love snow. We are expecting some Sunday into Monday. Wait and see if it happens or not. Grew up in PA., lived in MA. and now NC and have experienced white Christmas's and birthday's (mine is in Jan.) in all. Would be nice if it were every year.
@Courage7 (18181)
Aw a great photo of your son back then Marie, thanks for sharing with us. Yes I love the snow and here in CO, we have not seen much of it lately. I hope we get a big snow real soon. I can understand why you miss it.
Hopefully you get your big snow soon
@Courage7 (18181)
@Tampa_girl7 Do you think you might get one there?
@Courage7 it would take a miracle
YES! I love Snow. It's in our forecast this week and I'm soooooo happy. None today, but that's okay. I know it's coming tomorrow. Love the picture.
Enjoy your snow I'm jealous
@reose1 (1)
No.I live I'm Kenya.This side of the globe doesn't get snowy.We only experience hot and wet seasons that don't get to the extreme.Temperatures range from 32 -37 degrees Celsius. Rains set in from Match to November.Mostly, the rains are evenly distributed .During this season,crops thrive until December when the rains become scarce up to March.I'd like to experience the snow one day,it is so beautiful.
@thelme55 (15125)
I love snow and white Christmas. This time I will not have snow because I am here in the tropics for winter.
We often get alot here. So I'm kind of over it.
• Nigeria
No white Christmas here only if a miracle happens.
I've dealt with snow every winter, and I only liked it when I was younger and it could get us out of school lol. Not looking forward to the snow this year at all!
@resukill22 (5647)
I never experience to have snow here, but I really want to experience it.
@Tampa_girl7 We get rain more than snow here in Jerusalem in the winter. This is our rainy season but we do not get enough rain and they have been talking about that for a long time. I hope one day they will find a solution. I grew up in Minneapolis and we had very harsh winters which I do not miss and yes we got snow galore. When I had my dog here in Jerusalem I loved to watch her play in the snow when we got it. I, myself hate snow and hate winter., but we do not have as harsh winters here in Jerusalem as what I grew up with. I know it will be over and now it is starting to get cold but still nice too.
@ShyBear88 (18492)
I love snow just don’t like it when it last for months and months. We live in Virginia so we get a lot some tests and not so much some years it really depends on the rain season. I have had my fair share of white Christmas I grew up in Colorado bear the mountains so we got a lot of holidays with snow. My kids love snow since they get no school some times.
Great photo. I love snow. Love skating and skiing. We usually have a white Christmas. Lots of snow already this year!