Oh great. Another mass shooting.

Walnut Creek, California
I wake up, brew my coffee, and hope for a good day. First news: Something like 12 dead in a mass shooting at a cowboy-themed bar somewhere down near LA. We're playing rock music at a cowboy-themed bar this Friday and Saturday night. I never really think about getting shot. As one news commentator put it, news of mass shootings used to lead to moments we'd always remember--where we were when we heard about it, and so on. Now, they're so common we can't even remember which was which. Off to work at my friend's preschool, tra la la. Have a sunshiny day!
yes he was a veteran sadly and mental problem.Was a sick man.Probably did not received any help Too bad he did not check in with the VA.sad
• Walnut Creek, California
He was known to police, probably as a troubled individual. We have to do a better job of helping our veterans.
• Austin, Texas
@TheHorse - YES! WE DO NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB WITH OUR VETERANS!! It's a shame and a disgrace the way we IGNORE our veterans.
@arunima25 (9184)
• Bangalore, India
It is really sad.
The police knew him, he had problems, nobody intervened... until is too late. Always the same, the police knows, but they wait until many innocents are killed.
• Walnut Creek, California
I do wonder what they could have done. There are many "ticking time-bombs" out there. Some explode. Many don't.
@TheHorse Mental problems should be taken more seriously. I have read that this man was a veteran. Put yourself in his shoes, he fought for his country and what did he get in exchange? No money, no glory, no advantages, not even a bit of gratitude. There is enough to become a "ticking time-bomb".
@sugartoes (43167)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck you SO RIGHT.
• Uzbekistan
And yet, the right to have weapons is holy in the US of A and must not be questioned.
• Walnut Creek, California
It's a pretty complicated issue. But the National Rifle Association (NRA) "owns" people like Donald Trump.
Back 10 years ago I used to go out dancing and to live music, in Birmingham where there are many college kids then that area began to have drive by shooting, down town!,This is a nicer area also, but it don`t matter someone wants to kill, they kill.
@arunima25 (9184)
• Bangalore, India
It is sad. This kind of shooting incidents are becoming so frequent. It is tough to keep a track of them. Things are so unpredictable and one can never feel safe.
@arunima25 (9184)
• Bangalore, India
@TheHorse That is good. Were you stressed or worried about it before performance??
• Walnut Creek, California
@arunima25 Not really. Those kinds of things are so random...
@arunima25 (9184)
• Bangalore, India
@TheHorse Yes they are and there is no point worrying about it.
@buenavida (8265)
• Sweden
It looks like we live in the last days. See 2 Timothy 3:1-5
• Walnut Creek, California
Haven't people been saying that for centuries?
@buenavida (8265)
• Sweden
@TheHorse Yes, but if we studiy what the Bible says about the chronolygy and the signs of the end, we can see that the events of our time show that the time when God will act to save the mankind and end all the violence.. See more at jw.org
@leny34 (2192)
• Sidoarjo, Indonesia
I was sad after I heard your story because there was a case of shooting, I hope the shooter was immediately arrested
@sugartoes (43167)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@leny34 he killed his self which in my book is what he should have done B-4 taking innocent people for no reason.
@leny34 (2192)
• Sidoarjo, Indonesia
@sugartoes so what's in your book is the solution?
• Walnut Creek, California
He killed himself.
@CarolDM (5726)
The world has gone absolutely crazy. Period.
• Walnut Creek, California
We live in strange times.
@CarolDM (5726)
@TheHorse Yes, too much evil in the world.
• Walnut Creek, California
@CarolDM Has it always been this way and I just didn't realize it?
Omg. I hadn't read any news today, so I just looked it up. It's in Thousand Oaks . . . not exactly local to us, but Hubby passes through on the freeway everyday to work. Still it's close enough. What is wrong that all there are so many crazy shootings like this? Like you, I don't think of getting shot no matter what public place I'm in - but it happens .
• Walnut Creek, California
Some of my friends grew up there.
@TheHorse We've been in TO lots of times. Apparently a lot of my friends and even my sister have gone to that bar in their college days. Oh man, and now the fire !
• Midland, Michigan
I saw something on the TV when I went for a wounds check this morning but wasn't able to seed much of the report because they were ready for me inside. I'll have to check it out when I go home again
• Walnut Creek, California
A Vet with PTSD. And erratic behavior just below the radar screen.
• Midland, Michigan
@TheHorse it's truly unfortunate.
@DWDavis (15037)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
It is a sad situation indeed, both from the perspective of how numb we as a nation have become to such things and to how we as a nation have failed our veterans. This man obviously needed help he never received. He clearly should never have been allowed access to a weapon in his condition.
@sugartoes (43167)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@DWDavis that I can agree with once they come out of the service they need a FULL evaluation for the next 3 yrs after.
@dya80dya (6309)
This happens too often. They must do something to stop shooting.
• Walnut Creek, California
What exactly can they do in a Country where a lot of people are either really poor and uneducated or just plain bat-guava crazy? (not to mention well-armed)
@mesbakh (2370)
i watched on tv. i think it is a big sorrow for many people in the world
• Walnut Creek, California
We live in difficult times.
@mesbakh (2370)
@TheHorse i am so sorry to hear that
• Walnut Creek, California
@mesbakh I just mean that there's a lot of anger, violence, and mistrust in the US right now.
@wolfgirl569 (11772)
• Marion, Ohio
I seen that this morning but not how many.
• Walnut Creek, California
I think the number of deaths is 13, including the shooter.
@wolfgirl569 (11772)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheHorse Somewhere in there from what the news here said. They also said he had been in trouble and possibly had PTSD from being in the service.
@sugartoes (43167)
• Greencastle, Indiana
the guy was 28 yrs old & was in the service & had trouble with the law a few times & was SOME what PTSD I don't know how someone can just go on a shooting rage & kill innocent people like we have been hearing.
• Walnut Creek, California
Ain't that America. (I think I'm quoting someone from Indiana.)
@sugartoes (43167)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TheHorse I seen that ha ha ha
@Janet357 (4796)
you take care,
• Walnut Creek, California
I will do my best.
@Janet357 (4796)
@TheHorse be careful of the stray bullets:))
very sad!
• Walnut Creek, California
But not uncommon here. Where do you reside?
It is so sad, and disheartening that it makes my petty troubles look very small and insignificant.
• Walnut Creek, California
Very true. I should remind myself of that. But it appears my friend Howie lost everything in the Paradise CA fire.
@BarBaraPrz (21011)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yes, it's become "another day, another shooting, what else is new".
• Walnut Creek, California
It's pretty incredible. But it happens over time. So we're not even aware of how shocking it SHOULD be.
@Deepizzaguy (15467)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It is a shame that the news has to make my day great by reporting these shootings in public places. It looks like the real life Wild Wild West Stories are coming back.