Happy Thanksgiving, 2018

Wapello, Iowa
MyLot Exclusive #78 *** Overture, curtain, lights This is it, the night of nights No more rehearsing and nursing a part We know every part by heart Overture, curtain, lights This is it, we'll hit the heights And oh what heights we'll hit On with the show this is it. Tonight what heights we'll hit. On with the show, this is it. *** I started with some music because this is the day I reveal my brand new favorite Thanksgiving Carol For 2018. ~~~ ::SPOILER ALERT It's Alice's Resturant Again. Just As It's Been Every Year Since 1967:: ::END SPOILER ALERT:: If you were devastated by the SPOILER, just hang tight and a little later today, my friend Donny will be over to make everything better by throwing paper towels at you. Please make some chicken nuggets for him. Deep fried, not baked. They're his favorite dish. ~~~ So music is the Primary Theme today. Along with the other Primary Theme, food. Regarding that, I just want to remind you that I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my motor-sickle. I also don't want to die. I just wanna ride my motor-sigh. Kle. I'd go into my tickle desires but this is MyLot, so no. Riding my motor-sickle is also out because it's too cold (Currently, 38 degrees which is 3 Centipedes for those of you who still use the Metric System). So we might as well get back to food. The turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and 16 different kinds of pie plus enough side dishes to fill ten refrigerators for twelve weeks. And what better place to get all that than a restaurant? A restaurant where you can get anything you want? And the best of them is Alice's Resturant. You remember Alice, don't you? She has a restaurant. But the restaurant was never called Alice's Restaurant. That's just the name of the song and...You know what? My friend Arlo tells this story almost as good as I can, so why don't we just let him do it? Yes, that's what we'll do. Mr. Guthrie, whenever you're ready. Alice's Restaurant - Original 1967 Recording
From Arlo Guthrie's same-titled album, released by Reprise.
@myklj999 (20980)
Yer late, done been there But yes, the Motorcycle Song (Significance of the Pickle)
• Wapello, Iowa
Better late than never! Maybe we'll go into the significance of the pickle tomorrow.
• Preston, England
I have the original album soundtrack to the movie - great stuff
@myklj999 (20980)
I have Arlo's original album but I've never heard the movie soundtrack
• Wapello, Iowa
@arthurchappell I have to agree. It's the best song ever written about Thanksgiving.
• Wapello, Iowa
@myklj999 The soundtrack is good but if I had to make a choice, I'd pick the original album.
Interesting song. I've never heard it before. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.
• Wapello, Iowa
I'm not surprised. You're way too young to know something from 1967. Mine was OK. How was yours?
@xander6464 Thanks for the awesome compliment. I was 14 in 1967.
• Wapello, Iowa
@just4him It's not really a compliment when you look 30 years younger than you are. It's more just the truth I am envious of that. I wish I could have been that old that year.
@GreatMartin (6607)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Thanksgiving?? All ready??? Why didn't someone warn me?!?!?
• Wapello, Iowa
We wanted it to be a surprise.