Take a Trip to the Island of Death

Daytona Beach, Florida
Yes, there is an island of death called Poveglia. It is an unfortunate place that is supposedly cursed and very haunted off the coast of northern Italy. The island encompasses only a few acres but there are 160,000 bodies buried here. These were all victims of leprosy and the plague. You can still see the collapsed and overgrown buildings that once stood here. However, sensible people have chosen to leave this island abandoned and only the restless souls of the dead wander here. Would you like to take a visit to see if the legend is true? If it is you would probably be faced with a scene that looked like something out of a zombie movie.
@Janet357 (10496)
I would watch a documentary on this. It looks interesting.
@Janet357 they have some YouTube videos
A small example of Poveglia's battle, in 10 minutes
@Janet357 (10496)
@RasmaSandra i watched this yesterday. There was a family sent over there hahahah. Just to test their bravery to face the bad spirits,
@yukimori (9178)
You know, I totally would jump at the opportunity to go there with my infrared camera. Creepy, overgrown places are pretty much the perfect subject matter for infrared photography, and this fits the bill spectacularly. I'm finding conflicting information on whether or not it's possible to actually visit there. Some sites have personal stories from people who have, others say it's illegal (but unlikely that a person will get caught if they do go)... and one mentioned that it's dangerous because it's overrun by wild dogs. Perhaps a tour by water would be the best way to go about visiting Poveglia safely... Hm. I'm throwing that one on my bucket list along with visiting the Chernobyl and Fukushima exclusion zones. Seems like it could be a really cool place to capture some unusual shots.
When I lived in Latvia we were pretty close to Russia and to Chernobyl and someone who visted said the strangest feeling was that it looked like the people had just disappeared and left everything like it was at the moment they left even food on tables @jukimori
I think that I will pass also.
Interesting island, but I'll pass.
@moonandstars (13403)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Maybe some other island, with a positive message.
@nawala123 (4470)
i ever read about it, it so terrible lace to visit
Very interesting, but I think I will pass lol.
• Rupert, Idaho
Sounds interesting, but I am not sure if that trip would be for me
@wolfgirl569 (21895)
• Marion, Ohio
I might enjoy a daytime visit there
It would be interesting to visit
I think I would skip this vacation island.
Oh, I don’t like to visit places like this one
You can check it out in advance for all of us.
The only way I would check it out is if I could have a film crew with me and earn big money from a video @JohnRoberts then I would only have to hope that the zombies are cooperative