The first Christmas cards of the year

Some here know that I love sending and receiving Christmas cards. Mostly because we exchange cards . But yeah, it's one of my all time favorite things to do. So it should be no surprise that I wait for them to come in, or be received, and wonder who's cards are going to be first. And well, this years first - from us - just happened to be both my friend, and her daughter, who we use to babysit. As they always get their own card, and they somehow got there at the same time (which never seems to happen for us). Then you have the first we received, which was in person by my cousin and her family. Which had a cute photo collage of Nick and Gabby in it, with Nick wearing green face paint and a frown like the Grinch, and Gabby dressed up as Cindy Lou Who. Followed by the first one we / I got in the mail, on the same day, which would be from our mylotter and friend, Valerie (@just4him). (Thank you again ). Plus I got a cute - first handmade card, from our mylotter and friend @Shaggin that had some cute finger puppet tattoos in it.
That's totally awesome. I now have two Christmas cards from myLotters. Yours and one arrived yesterday from @FayeHazel. I'm still sending out Christmas cards as I love getting them as well as receiving them too.
I made yours today and will mail next time we leave in the car. The cats helped it is a little smeared.
Thats awesome. Im still waiting for more to show up. Seems kinda slow this year, lol.
@Courtlynn I sent more out today. I'm out of International stamps and almost our of regular stamps, so before I can send out more, I need to go to the Post Office.
@moffittjc (47533)
• Gainesville, Florida
That's awesome that you love sending and receiving Christmas cards! I can imagine your excitement each time you check the mail and see a new card waiting there for you!
Always been one of my favorite things about Christmas. Especially all these years without my daughter. It helps with the holiday blues.
@moffittjc (47533)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn I'm glad you have found something during the holidays to enjoy and take away the blues. So many people get depressed during the Christmas season for whatever reason. So many times I wish I could help each and every one of them find the joy of the holiday.
@moffittjc I actually don't believe many get depressed, rather than they just get sad and mad.. as for most their sadness is just from not having money.. while others is missing family that isn't around, and sometimes money, you know? But it is sad when others aren't so happy for the season. Like, I'm depressed as heck, not just because of the Christmas season though, and don't have money to get my mom, brother or bf anything for Christmas, nor does my mom for me and my brother, but I am still trying to be happy that its Christmas time, and what not. even if its just watching Christmas movies and the Christmas cards.
I am glad you got some Christmas cards already. I got ten and now have to make ten and send them out. I got one from @just4him to.
I'm glad you received it.
I usually have more by now, but i know others are coming in.. soon.
@Courtlynn I have three so far, two from myLotters and one from the office.
That is early!
Kinda late, i think, actually lol. As i usually have alot by now
I remember the good old days when I sent out many cards and got lots back in return. I used to hang them up and use them as part of our decorations. I haven't even thought much about cards yet and I'm always late getting the cards in the mail even though it's just a few
I have been wanting to ask you if you want to exchange.. just haven't really been on, sorry. We tape ours up along the livingroom-kitchen dooryway. every year.
@wolfgirl569 (13897)
• Marion, Ohio
Before all of this social media stuff I was still awful about sending the cards out. But glad that you enjoy it.
I'm glad to have social media, to say happy holidays and birthday and such on the day of, but have always loved doing up the cards and waiting to hear that the person got them and loves them. even do them up 2 months early to not forget them. lol. Thanks
@jobelbojel (9032)
I want to send and receive Christmas cards the traditional way.
you must have family and friends you can do that with? i hope.
@hillhjill (8807)
That sounds like a great idea to send out cards this year, I have been thinking about doing that and I would like to send a receive cards from here as well.
I hope you do start sending and receiving.
@hillhjill (8807)
@Courtlynn I would love to and as soon as I get some address I will, I have one that I will be sending out soon.
@hillhjill thats great
That sounds great, and what fun to trade Christmas Cards with MyLot friends!
Yeah, im glad I've gotten so close with the ones i exchange with. It helps make the holidays better.
@Courtlynn That's good to hear, I am glad!
That sounds cute, finger puppet tattoos in a card-what a great idea!
they're soo cute! i almost don't want to share them with the nieces and nephews LOL
I hate to say it, but this is the first year I'm not doing Christmas cards (with an exception for an aunt, and an overseas mylotter). I just kinda of have up. But now telling you this, maybe I should change my my mind.
It's not too late.. I am sorry you felt like giving up doing them though.
@leny34 (5607)
• Sidoarjo, Indonesia
I'm very happy you can enjoy it well. whereas I still don't believe in sending cards on social media
Huh? Its not sending them on social media. Its sending physical cards in the mail.
@FayeHazel (22123)
Oh cool! those are some early cards
Not early really, actually seems late to me lol
That's pretty awesome both of you got your cards from each other at the same time. 4 cards for you already that is great! I got yours and the one that came in my order from Andria. I saw on Instagram a family that always sends up a card with their childrens photos aren't sending photos out this year. I told them I was happy to see their photo online and will keep their photo from last year up on my fridge for another year.
I only have 3 so far. Been told more are on their way though. That stinks. Im glad my cousin still did her kids photos this year.
So glad those cars have brought you joy!!
one joy i can count on this time of year.