Just Such a Month

Good afternoon/evening friends. I hope that everyone had a great day today. I had a good day at work. Busy, but good just the same. Our wall calendar is in a wooden frame. We do not have it hanging on a nail, we use those 3M hangers on the back which are a type of Velcro. It can be tricky putting it back up as you want to line up all 5 hangers. So, that is my husband's job every month. He does procrastinate at times which means that we live in the past as he doesn't necessarily take down the frame to put up the new month until the 2nd or 3rd some months. This was just such a month. But, now that he's oriented to time he has realized that there is a holiday (Christmas) that is quickly approaching. And he's rearranging our living room furniture as we speak so that he can put up the tree. I'd prefer he not start things when its time to wind down and start supper, but who am I to argue? Is your tree up yet? ~Photo is mine
I'm happy to say my tree is up and decorated. Hallelujah!
Its such a warm and cozy feeling having the tree up and sitting near the it in the evenings isn't it? It just brings back so many happy memories for me.
Sounds like a nice calendar set up though! But that's great that now he's getting ready to put your tree up! We did get ours up a week ago!
Actually, he didn't get the tree up. He decided not to work on it after supper because I like it quiet then, so he'll do it another day this week. There's still lots of time, we never used to put up our trees until the middle of the month
@Juliaacv Well I am sorry he didn't....but that is true there is still time!
@MommyOfEli2013 This afternoon when I got in from work he had the tree up and all decorated. The entire place is nicely done now. I started last evening with putting some snowmen out on our dining room buffet, and he did the rest today.
My tree is up, I did it yesterday, because I had some free time.
Ours is up now. My husband put it up today. He texted me on my break at work and told me that his decorating didn't look as good as mine does, but I came home and saw it and actually prefer his style. The entire place is decorated and he did a fantastic job. It feels good to be enveloped in Christmas now.
@Juliaacv It is fantastic to see decorations up, because this takes us in holidays mood.
@LadyDuck I am feeling more festive since seeing our decorations up.
we do not have one any more.Just Christmas decoration.we gave up on the tree years ago.
I'd be fine with a small table top tree, but my husband is so traditional. Up until a couple of years ago we had 2 full sized trees up. Plus all of the other decorations.
@Juliaacv this will all changed when both of you are older and tired of this.This what happened to us.Tired.
@amadeo I'm 6 months older then my hubby is, so maybe my old age is kicking in already.
I'm glad hes finally changed it for you guys. I probably would never change it if i had that lol. Trees been up since night after thanksgiving.
It drives me crazy (a short trip) when its like the 3rd or 4th of a new month and we still have the old month up on the calendar. But I'm the one who is always adding to the calendar and checking what is next, not him, so he kind of just lets it slide. Our tree isn't up yet, he got the area cleaned and then we ate and just relaxed after that.
@Juliaacv see, im like you, with being the one always checking and writing stuff down, but changing that would just take more from me than id be willing to give, lol. what about now, is it up?
@Courtlynn Yes, he put our tree up today and all of the decorations. This was the very first year since we've been married that the responsibility didn't fall on my shoulders and it was really appreciated.
Yes, our tree is up. My dad always started projects late in the day, and my mom was not happy about that. My husband does the same.
Its funny because now that the area is all ready, we are watching the evening news together. He casually asked me where the tree and decorations are. I laughed because he was the one who put it away and he is the one who claims that I am getting forgetful. Ha!
@Juliaacv Well, you two have an interesting night ahead!!
Hey my friend and waiting to see if mom brings home a real one tonight, other wise I will just set up my fake one again.
I don't mind an artificial tree. If its a nice one and not too old or phoney looking. I hope that she comes home with a tree tonight.
@Juliaacv I just love the smell of a real one.
@TRBRocks420 I do too, but I hate the mess. And now they are warning people that the trees could have bugs (aphids) in them and that bug spray isn't an option as it is flammable. I also hate the sap that sometimes gets on the ornaments.
@porwest (11778)
As a fellow procrastinator, I will tell you my thoughts tomorrow on this subject. As for our tree, yeah. It's up. But the wifey has not put the ornaments on yet.
Ours is still in the box, but that's okay. When we were young, our parents didn't put up the tree until the idle of the month.
@porwest (11778)
@Juliaacv Last year we did not take it out at all. But this year we are hosting Christmas, so we felt it best to decorate the house a bit.
My tree has been up since Thanksgiving day. I put it here a while ago. I am due to wrap gifts soon.
I am due to buy some gifts soon. I started, but need to finish things up in the next week or so.
@Juliaacv My walmart package was delivered today. I put it up until the other arrives with the body wash or sprays. Then I will figure out if they will be given or sold.
@CarolDM (12568)
Probably no tree here. It is a tough time of the year. But yours looks beautiful.
I understand about the time of the year. Ours starts just after Christmas and actually leads up until her anniversary which is on the 2nd of March. We step back in time to 1991 every year and relive so many memories and yearn for her so very badly. I know that you understand.
@CarolDM (12568)
@Juliaacv Yes I do understand.
@ilocosboy (41921)
Maybe he realize to have new setup this Christmas. Well it might be good idea of your husband. No Christmas tree yet in the house.
Ours isn't really up just yet, but he has the furniture moved and everything dusted down and vacuumed. Maybe tomorrow will be the night for the tree. He's busy cooking supper now.
@ilocosboy (41921)
I'm liked your husband, love to cook for the family.
@maximax8 (29148)
At the end of November I got out my three Christmas trees. Then at the beginning of December my children and I decorated the Christmas trees. We bought a 7 foot tall flocked snow Christmas tree and it was half price. I bought lights for the flocked snow Christmas tree and my white Christmas tree. I put the 3 foot green Christmas tree in my son's bedroom and the other white tree in my daughter's bedroom. On Friday I will be bringing home a very cheap small blue tree. I will put that in my bedroom.
Your tree sounds beautiful.
No, and I have to find it..it is obviously shoved in a closet, but which one?
I know, my husband went thru the same thing when he dug out tree out. I think that the tree was easier to find, based on the size of the box, and then he had to locate an office box which is where I store all of the little containers of ornaments. But he found them.
You better strike while he is in the mood.
He changed the calendar, I can wait another day for him to put up the tree. We never used to put it up until the middle of the month.
@PatZAnthony (13316)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
This is a busy time of year for many people, including those who celebrate holidays and those not celebrating anything. So much traffic too! The stores are so crowded.
I hear you about the traffic and the crowded stores. Not a great time to try to rush out for anything as it takes too long these days.
@a_jerobon (834)
• Eldoret, Kenya
I am still at school doing my end semester exams but my small bro told me through the phone that our tree is already up. Can't wait to finish exams and join them in the preparations for Christmas.
I do so hear you on this but if it's something I really wanted done, I don't care when he does it!