Favorite New Wave Albums #4 - Parallel Lines

Denver, Colorado
We are staying inside New York City's legendary CBGB scene as I count down my favorite new wave albums. Yesterday, it was Talking Heads, and today, at #4, Parallel Lines by Blondie. Surely you know all about Blondie! Formed in 1974 by vocalist Debbie Harry and guitarist Chris Stein. New wave pioneers. Sold over 40 million records worldwide. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Still going strong. As @JohnRoberts would put it: Blondie. Enough said! Blondie had already released two fantastic albums when they went into the studio in 1978 to record Parallel Lines, but it was that record, and it's smash hit single, the disco-fied "Heart of Glass," that introduced them to the mainstream record buying public. And, OH, what an album! "Heart of Glass," yes, but Parallel Lines was far from being one of those "one hit and a bunch of filler" records. Their cover of The Nerves' power pop classic, "Hanging on the Telephone" is superb, given just the right amount of new wave snottiness by Harry. The new wave classic, "One Way or Another," is one of the greatest stalker songs ever recorded, while the playful "Sunday Girl" is quite a bit of fun. Simply put, Parallel Lines is one hell of a fine album. Dilly dilly, Blondie, Dilly dilly! (Info verified by Wikipedia)
Skip navigation Sign in Search Loading... Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... YouTube TV - Seconds to start watching Loading... Live TV from 60+ channels. No cab
Good afternoon and thank you for the link
• Denver, Colorado
You're welcome. Hope you are having a good day!
@teamfreak16 I remember a buddy of mine that works with me.Bragging about the new music ,new waver How much he enjoyed it.
• Denver, Colorado
@amadeo - He has good taste!
Agree with everything you've said here. Sunday Girl was one of my faves, and Fade away and Radiate. For some reason, I thought the song 'Dreaming' was on this album too. That was a great song.
• Denver, Colorado
"Dreaming" was from Eat to the Beat. God, if it had been on Parallel Lines, that would have been near overload of great songs!
@dgobucks226 (14868)
You have used Blondie songs in other music posts. I believe you have a crush on Debra Harry That is a great video selection One of my favs!
• Denver, Colorado
Oh, I had the big time hots for Debbie!
@Ronrybs (8154)
• London, England
I can't remember how copies and formats of this album I have bought over the years. Only a few less than Dark Side of the Moon
• Denver, Colorado
Each a classic album in it's own way!
Great song. You got to love Blondie.
• Denver, Colorado
And Debbie is in her 70's and still rocking it!
@FourWalls (16345)
Yeah, she's prettier than David Byrne, but.....
• Denver, Colorado
Yeah, but even Debbie probably couldn't have rocked a big suit like that!
• Eugene, Oregon
I think that I still have that album around (or had it). I liked a lot of those songs.
• Denver, Colorado
It's a good one to have around!
@CarolDM (9328)
Blondie is another blast. Thanks for sharing. Have a good evening.
• Denver, Colorado
Oh, you're quite welcome. Glad that you liked it!
You said it for me. I have this on vinyl. Only #4? Some dillies better be ahead!
• Denver, Colorado
#3 is a dilly dilly dilly!
@Nevena83 (5245)
• Serbia
Hello.Nice song.