I Hate To But......

I hate to dump on anyone, and especially you, my good virtual friends, but let me tell you, its really been "one" of those days. You know the special days where someone who is ahead of you having a bad day says something uncalled for in a rude and unprofessional tone and it just stops everyone in their tracks. Yeah, I had one of those moments today. And the comment was directed right at me. It was bright and early this morning, but instead of the day improving, it has only eaten away at me. And, although I don't like to rant, or dwell on the negative, my feelings were hurt. Bad. And as much as I try to be upbeat, I may not succeed today. Thankfully my husband is a very comforting guy, and has helped me feel a lot better since I arrived home. And the Christmas decorations being up has helped me feel warm and brought back fond memories, which have cheered me up a bit. But for the most part, I think that emotionally today is a write off at this stage of the game. Now I've got some good music on trying to chill. Can you relate? ~Photo is mine
Ugh. It feels like ugh. Those kinds of days would get to me in the past, big time - but now I know the feelings and hopefully the memories of the incident just fade away in time - and thank goodness. Especially if it was uncalled for, that bad energy doesn't deserve space in you . . . keep that space for all the better things in life - like your husband, the spirit of the holidays, and your friends in myLot!
You summed it up perfectly with ugh and bad energy. I'm going to remember your words tomorrow should this happen again, and you'll be the reason there is a little smirk on my face. Thanks.
• Lenox, Georgia
I'm so sorry for the day you had and the rude remark that was made to you! =( Heavenly Father thank you for @Juliaacv Thank you for loving her and for taking her pain away. Father God, I pray that you remind her of your love and peace. Lord, thank you for joy that no one can steal from us. Comfort her and put a smile back on her face God. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!
Amen Thank you Jenn. I am so very blessed to have such caring and sweet friends. But your comment actually brought tears of thankfulness to my eyes.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Juliaacv You're so loved by many!! I'm so glad to help with prayers and kind words, wish I was there to hug you too!
@LovingMyBabies I don't know what to say. I didn't realize that. You're so special, and I feel so lucky to have you in my (virtual) life and in my (real) heart.
@1creekgirl (13051)
I'm so sorry that happened to you. It's hard not to take rude comments personally, even when you know you didn't deserve it. Relax with your hubby and your beautiful tree and try to forget it happened.
Thanks Vicki. When I saw the warm glow of the lights outside as I pulled up I felt my heart melt and when I walked in and saw my husband I cried in his arms. But, like the wonderful and loving man that he is, he made me feel a lot better. Now he's cooking us supper.
@cintol (8895)
I had a little of that kind of day this morning, I had to walk away from it right now until I can handle dealing with this person. I am sorry someone made you feel bad and said hurtful things to you. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Thanks. The support and really good advise that I've gotten here, from yourself as well as my other friends on here will go a long way in dealing with this individual going forward. And killing her with kindness is probably the way that I'll navigate.
@cintol (8895)
@Juliaacv That is usually the best way to go with it, they don't know how to respond and soon feel guilty for things they have said and the way they treat people.
@cintol I'm sure that eventually she will get hers, as what comes around goes around, but it won't come from me, I won't stoop that low.
I am so sorry Julia, did this happen during your work time? Try to move on, you have your lovely husband and he decorated the house for you both. Tomorrow is another day.
Thanks Anna. Yes, it did happen at work. I cried a little bit on my way home and then even more when my husband hugged me when I walked thru the door. I don't know what I'd do without him. Today wasn't a lot better, but I guess that some people are just rude and I cannot change that, so I steer around it.
@Juliaacv You surely are a nice and sensible woman, I know how you feel, we cannot stand rude people and we cannot understand why people cannot be more polite.
@LadyDuck Thank you Anna. I am a person of integrity, but it does bother me when co-workers ask me why I put up with that behaviour. I try to steer clear of such conversations as I find that they make me feel bad.
sorry to hear of this.Yes do not dwell on it.Not worth it
I know Fredo, but it ate away at me today. My exema is all swollen and red on my arm because I was upset. I have cream on it now. But tomorrow is a new game, and I'm gonna start with a fresh slate, I don't hold grudges, but I don't forget either.
@Juliaacv I had this on my tail bone.Finally got rid of it for now. are you using prescription cream there? What are you using there
@amadeo Yes I have a special cream that my doctor prescribes for me.
Oh, big hugs. My monsters are mostly inside of me saying bad things, but they sure can ruin your day. I am glad your hubby and your home are making you more calm and feel better. I certainly do relate.
Thanks, he was my lifesaver yesterday.
I'm so sorry you've had a bad day. And that anyone felt like it was okay to make a rude remark towards you. Smh.
Thanks, I'll have to get over it because she coped an attitude again today. I cannot change the world, so I'll just try to steer clear of her as much as I can.
@Juliaacv you saw her again!? Or wait.. is she a co-worker? . Terrible either way but to have to work with someone like that.. especially at your new and wanted job . Ugh
@Courtlynn Yeah, she's a co-worker. But today I steered clear and I had a really good day.
@Plethos (12291)
i was told a long time ago that i have no feelings. wish i could relate.
I wonder if the person who made the rude remark is in the same boat. I have a feeling that someone reported it to HR because she did change her tune later on in the day, which makes me think that someone spoke to her. Such a shame to ruin someone's day like that.
@Plethos (12291)
@Juliaacv - well as i see it. if someone has the cajones to tell me to my face what they opinion of me or a situation , i gotta respect them for telling me their truth and not saying it behind my back or to others. then i just go along with my day. but if its something that was totally uncalled for then i will tell that person not to misplace their discontent towards me, and since im not the root of the problem, ill just go along with my day as if nothing happened. wow, i really have no feelings
@Plethos This was a totally uncalled for comment in a totally uncalled for tone, while I was speaking with a manager. I want to say that the manager either spoke with her or spoke to HR regarding her behaviour. A lot of the time I can carry on, but this was a double bad and it really hurt my feelings. When other people tell you privately that you may want to escalate that to HR as it was a terrible interaction, it says a lot.
@FayeHazel (22116)
I'm sorry that mean people suck and say stuff that takes the wind right out of our sails. Im happy hubby could lift you up
Thanks. I try to keep my distance since that person is mean, and does bring me right down.
@FayeHazel (22116)
@Juliaacv Ah good to keep your distance
@FayeHazel It worked today.
@CarolDM (9328)
You know I can relate. Thankfully you have a great support system with your husband. Enjoy the music and decorations. Tomorrow will be another day. A better day. Hugs to you.
Thanks. Between my wonderful hubby and my loving and supportive friends here I feel so much better.
@CarolDM (9328)
@Juliaacv That is great, I can agree with that statement, I have both for support as well.
@CarolDM Your life is great too then!
Don't feel bad you are not alone. The thing with me is it eats me to the point of no return. Due to fibromyalgia I had to learn to walk away more than I would before. It's ok to rant all you want in the end you will feel better.
That's what it did to me, it preyed on my mind all day long. And my exema (dry skin) condition on my arm itched me and is all red and inflamed now because I scratched it. I'm not so much a ranter as I am a whiner.
@Morleyhunt (19329)
Sorry this happened to you. I've had days like that.
Thanks, I feel better now that my hubby has fed me a delicious supper and I treated myself to a tiny bite of chocolate fudge. Plus.....he IS doing the pots and pans for me tonight!! How great is that?
@Morleyhunt (19329)
@Juliaacv aren't we both blessed to have husbands who are so good to us!
@Morleyhunt Oh yeah, I don't know where I'd be without him.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Of course. I can't recall the details but, it not only spoils the fun yet, it's like a horror movie in which you don't want to be. It's good you have someone by your side.
That's right, and I starred in that movie yesterday and a little bit again today.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Juliaacv Sometimes, a holiday season brings out the worst in us
I've had one of those days. Think about it for a second, was it a bad five minutes or it was a bad five minutes that you milked all day.
You're right, it was bad for 5 minutes and awkward for longer. But then it happened again later in the day, for another 5 minutes and awkward for the rest of the day.
@Juliaacv that is bad.
I'm sorry that happened to you. If someone directs something like that to me, then they usually get it right back. I don't take crap from people anymore.
I am a very upbeat and content person, and I think that sometimes things like this need to be overlooked, but it hurt me so deeply that I actually shed a few tears on my way home in the car. And I still don't feel like I'm over it. I didn't retaliate because I don't think that 2 wrongs make a right. And I am right.Oh goodness, there's that attitude that I should have been thinking earlier today.
@Juliaacv That is true. But sometimes you have to put them in their place so they don't do it again.
@sallypup (30134)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Some folks should stay home and not come out until they can be sweet mouthed. I am sorry this has happened to you.
Thanks.
@aureliah (20780)
• Kenya
Sorry about that. These are things that happend at least when you least expect them . You husband was there to comfort you
Yes, I was not expecting that when it happened, although I new that there was a really mean undertone whenever I conversed with that person. I'm very blessed to have such a caring and sweet husband.
Aww. I hope today is better.
Thanks, today was a bit better, but still not perfect. Tomorrow I hope is a better day again.
@db20747 (11488)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
It'll catch you off guard!! Don't let it eat at you!! Nice Tree!! I
Yes, you are 100% right, and I'm not going to let it eat at me any more. Your words of wisdom will do me well, thanks.