Dentist, shopping and more

Monday I finished the book I was reading which was “The Notebook” by Nicholas Sparks. The movie was a lot better. At the end of the book it shows an excerpt for a sequel. I wonder if they combined the books into the movie? My son wanted to help me wrap presents so we wrapped my one nephews Christmas gifts. He did a pretty sloppy job and my ocd was in overdrive but I dealt with it and smiled and let him put it under the tree. Letting them do it is the only way they learn. He worked for a few hours in his notebook telling me not to look because he is making me a Christmas present. While laying in bed he told me he’s not sure now if he’s going to give it to me because it’s going to be so awesome he might want to keep it Yesterday I got out for the first time in weeks. I went and got groceries at Aldi’s and Walmart. I bought a bunch of candy canes so our tree is overloaded with them. I got cherry flavored with pick stix center, blue raspberry and Oreo flavored. You can some in the photo I attached. I went to the dentist and although it’s been almost a year she said I didn’t have a lot of plaque. Since I quit drinking coffee my stains are gone! I stopped at Ollie’s before heading home but didn’t get much. I got three big candles for Christmas gifts for $3.99 each. I also got 6 sheets of sticker Christmas tags for 59 cents. Walmart shipping is crazy! I had to order $35 worth of things to get the free shipping. I expected it would all come in as few boxes as possible. For instance I bought 8 cans of spaghetti o’s (which will sit here for months and months) and they sent a huge box two different times with only 4 cans in each. It is absurd the amount of boxes I have gotten with as few orders as I placed! My mom texted me this morning that her boyfriend is in the hospital. He has a hernia that has caused a blockage in his bowel. His kidneys were failing but once on an IV they started getting better. He is having surgery tomorrow. The doctor thinks his bowel is dead. I will hopefully know more tomorrow which is also my mother’s birthday.
Thats awesome your stains are gone and you dont have much plaque. Sorry about your moms boyfriend though.. and that your moms birthday is probably going to be stressful.
@Courtlynn I hate going to the dentist so no cavities or any other work done I am happy! My mother is going to the hospital while her boyfriend has his surgery. I am making her a cake and if it isn't too late when she gets home we will go over and share it with everyone. If it's to late we will do it another day.
@shaggin i hate going, which is why i have alot of cavities and end up getting teeth pulled. . But its whatever. Dont need all of them anyways. Less cavities if have less teeth I hope its not toi late tonight so you can go later.
@Courtlynn lol that made me burst out laughing. I’ll keep my teeth as long as I can. Their so brittle from grinding though I doubt I’ll get to keep them all for life
@sallypup (30136)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Happy birthday, Mom. Best wishes for your boyfriend! You sound like your Christmas is going well.
@sallypup I am making my mom a cake in a few hours when my son's live classes are over. Her boyfriend will have surgery sometime today and then if she is home early enough we will have the cake. If not we will have it tomorrow.
@sallypup (30136)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@shaggin That's a loving thing, making your Mom a cake.
@sallypup it’s the least I can do. It’s a very simple thing so it’s no trouble and hopefully will make her happy.
@sofssu (18600)
I love that bit about your son's gift.. Hope your mom's boy friend get better soon.
@sofssu usually his confidence isn't very good so this made me happy. Her boyfriend is having his surgery some time today then we will be having cake and ice cream later if it's not to late.
@sofssu (18600)
@shaggin I have preserved all my boys gifts' over the years .. I bet you are happy. hope the surgery goes well.
@sofssu you preserved all your boys gifts? How so?
Sorry to hear about your mother's boyfriend. It sounds a bit serious.
@JudyEv I am hoping the doctor was giving her a worst case scenario. I am hoping it won't be that bad. If it is that bad he may need a mesh bowel or something like that my mom said or a colostomy bag.
@shaggin I really wouldn't like one of those.
@JudyEv no it would be terrible. Thankfully his surgery went better then expected and they repaired his hernia with mesh. No damage to his bowel.
That sounds painful and what a way for your mom to have her birthday.
@sharon6345 I’m not sure if we will celebrate as usual going out to dinner or not.
@shaggin It will be ok however it goes.
@sharon6345 I asked my dad and he didn't buy her a cake so I am making her one. I just need to buy a thing of ice cream as I don't have any in the freezer on hand.
Its really bad for people to be sick this time of the year, Tony is sick, sometimes I think he is better then he isn`t. Your son is funny. Love the tree.
@andriaperry he had been vomiting since Thursday and in agony with his stomach and wouldn't go to the ER. I guess he must have finally had to go yesterday and is in pretty bad shape. With my mom's breathing problems she has been having I hope she doesn't catch anything at the hospital from anyone around who has the flu or anything.
Interesting candy canes. It sounds like your day was kind of a mixed bag.
@snowy22315 for my niece for Christmas I got her a package of candy canes too. They are blue raspberry and cherry flavor and then they have little sugar flavored stuff to dip them in.
@responsiveme (18349)
A cake is a lovely way to wish somebody. I agree that kids should be left to do their own thing..It doesn't matter if the packing is not perfect
@responsiveme I wish I had some of the leftover cake now he he. I left it for my mom, father, sister and her kids to eat.
@shaggin I love cake especially at tea time ...Just a slice
@responsiveme I had two slices of cake and 4 scoops of ice cream I was happily stuffed. But since then I am craving it terribly.
• Midland, Michigan
Her boyfriend being in the hospital isn't much of a present for her birthday. I wonder if the boyfriend had any inkling something was wrong before it got so bad. A lot of guys don't like the Dr or hospital until it's too late. Hopefully surgery will do wonders. Pretty tree and good news about your teeth.
@MarshaMusselman I saw on Facebook a lot of people are fossing there trees. I think that's what it's called. It looks really neat but since mine has lights on it I'm not sure if it would be safe. I would worry it would flake off and make a mess as well. Her boyfriend has diverticulitis. His bowel became strangled because of the hernia. He vomited every 15 minutes for days and was in extreme pain but would not go to the hospital. Finally he must have given in or maybe his son called 911 I'm not sure. The surgery went better then expected. He didn't lose his bowel and they were able to repair his hernia with mesh so this won't happen again.
• Midland, Michigan
@shaggin I don't understand why some people would rather take their chances when in so much pain. At least the surgery helped him. I'm not feeling smiling with the trees and whatever that means, fossing??
@MarshaMusselman oh boy sorry it wasn't called fossing it was called "flock" Hopefully this link will make you less confused :
Get your cozy, wintery Christmas fix by learning how to flock a Christmas tree the easy way! And so much cheaper than buying a new, store-bought tree.
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
sad that your poor mom is going through so much right now. hope things get better for her. you are such a good mom dealing with your boy like that. yes i been ordering from Walmart a long time and they do have a weird way of sending things. but if i order through swagbucks , i also get extra points there as a bonus even though the cost is the same. but you do find things you can't find in the stores too.
@bunnybon7 I shop through mypoints so I earned a few thousand points shopping for Christmas online this year. Two days ago we got 6 cans of pineapple. The box was giant and it had them all wrapped up in some weird brown paper so they wouldn't dent. That's good but yikes so much waste with all that packaging! My mom and dad were at the hospital all day and they can home at 5 for pizza and cake and ice cream. My dad bought the pizza and I made the cake and bought the ice cream. We hung around until 6 then they went back to the hospital to wait for her boyfriend to get out of surgery. He is doing well and the surgery went better then expected!
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
@shaggin glad to hear that. i shopped through mypoints once and they never added my points to my account. so i went back to swagbucks from there on
@bunnybon7 oh wow that would be upsetting and I can see why you stopped shopping through them.
So glad your stains are gone! Yikes! I hope your mother’s boyfriend will be okay. What a crummy birthday for her.
@DianneN I haven't heard how her boyfriend is doing since the night of his surgery but that night my mother texted me that his surgery went well. He didn't lose any of his bowel and they fixed his hernia with mesh.
@shaggin I’m glad his surgery went well. Wow!
@PainsOnSlate (20855)
Your son sounds like a love....so cute that he likes the gift to you so much he might keep it....My children were so much fun when they were little, so enjoy those years, they grow up while you sleep - mine are in their 40's and they live across the Lake Ontario, which means hours away.
@PainsOnSlate my son is 11 and I think this is the first time he has ever made me a gift. I am very excited even if he does decide to keep it. It's nice to see him doing something in his free time other then video games.
@shaggin I agree...
Your moms boyfriend is in my thoughts. That is tough.
@maezee it sounds awful what he is going through. I haven't heard any news on his surgery yet unfortunately.
I loved the movie the "Notebook ". I hope that your moms boyfriend will be okay.
@Tampa_girl7 The notebook was such an amazing movie. I own it but have not watched it since the first time since I cried so hard at the end. Thanks book did not make me cry thankfully but it didn't seem to have nearly as much in the book as I remember the movie having.