If Everyone Reading This Would Give $3.....

The semi-annual plea for money from Wikipedia.  Screen shot.
@FourWalls (17036)
....Wikipedia would still ask for another $3 in six months!! Have you seen that? Once every six months or so they post these annoying, you-can't-escape-them-if-you-try notes all over, saying that if everyone would donate "just three dollars" Wikipedia could "thrive for years to come." So in six months all that "thriving" is used up and they ask for three more bucks from everyone. Maybe they should change the message: "If everyone reading this would give $3 we'll leave you alone for six months before we come asking for money again!" Obvious song:
Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group Money (That's What I Want) · The Beatles With The Beatles ? 2009 Calderstone Productions Limited (a division of ...
• Denver, Colorado
"We notice that you use Wikipedia a lot. Give us three bucks and we won't send Moose and Rocko to your house."
They get all the info for free.
@myklj999 (22265)
• Olney, Illinois
Which explains why occasionally I have to make corrections to pages there.
@myklj999 (22265)
• Olney, Illinois
But not everyone gives them the $3. Worse is if you actually have a Wiki account, they also start sending "I really hate to do this" emails to you...
@FourWalls (17036)
I really hate to do this, it I’m gonna. Every three months!
@myklj999 (22265)
• Olney, Illinois
@FourWalls I've donated twice (I think, maybe three times) but I do get tired of seeing that message. The Wayback Machine (Internet Archive) does it too, but at least they don't send me emails.
Where do they post this? If it is a message in that case I have not received it.
@FourWalls (17036)
It may not show up outside of the US, @allknowing .
@FourWalls Good for us then (lol)
@tech40 (10645)
People said that Wikipedia is an open source website, wherein you can edit the words, or sentences in every page, so I'm not quite sure if this is real or not. By the way, I'm gonna ask you then you know the situation, is this real?
Well, I must be way too trusting and gullible because from time to time I give them $3 as I use Wikipedia all the time. Maybe I need to rethink it.
@FourWalls (17036)
Well, do remember that I tagged this as “humor” because I personally find it funny. I’m sure they are legitimate.
@dgobucks226 (15311)
I have seen that annoying message And it seems to follow you around the page as your reading. Great song by the Fab Four Here's another money tune Wikipedia might want to use (No-Not Eddie Money)
Money - Pink Floyd from the Dark Side of the moon in HD quality [Lyrics] Money Get away You get a good job with good pay and you're okay Money It's a gas Gra...
@akalinus (24009)
Why do they need all that money? The info may or may not be accurate. At one time, anyone could edit the entries. I think some people took advantage of that as their chance to change history. I try to avoid them during the shakedown.
@Sreekala (25447)
I read here, it is not for Indians, glad we are spared.
sounds like our power company.always asking for raises.
@hillhjill (12399)
I just seen that the other day when I was looking something up, makes me wonder how many people gave that 3 dollars.
Haven't seen this message in Wiki. Doubt, I'll be giving any cash to them though.
@lady1993 (21067)
I do not use Wikipedia much right now. The site can be useful but there are also lots of alternative sites so...
I do see this every time lately . . . I thought it used to be $1 .
@FayeHazel (23560)
Pretty much, though probably in hopes of getting a whole new batch of people to donate the $3