Wave the white flag: #9 "Dirty White Boy" Foreigner (1979)

Los Angeles, California
Foreigner was a straightforward rock band thriving in the punk/new wave era who sold a ton of records during their peak period of 1977-88. Formed in 1976 in New York City, Foreigner was an Anglo-American outfit led by Mick Jones (not to be confused with the Clash’s Mick Jones) and vocalist Lou Gramm. Hits rolled off the assembly line: “Cold As Ice,” “Hot Blooded,” “Feels Like the First Time,” “Double Vision” and “Urgent.” From the huge selling album “Head Games,” “Dirty White Boy” was written by Jones and Gramm and reached Billboard #12. There is an Elvis connection to this solid 70s rocker. Jones described Elvis as a dirty white boy who changed music. Foreigner still rocks on as Jones owns the name with Gramm in and out. The band is an overplayed staple of classic rock radio. Should Foreigner be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Their success and long hit list far outweighs the likes of a Cheap Trick. According to Gramm, Jones confronted the R&R HOF chair as to why Foreigner has not even merited nomination. A heated exchange resulted in the declaration Foreigner will never be considered or inducted. It is still a mystery as to why Foreigner was snubbed form the beginning and what the R&R HOF beef is against them.
Foreigner - Dirty white Boy 1979 Hey baby if you're feelin' down I know what's good for you all day Are you worried what your friends see Will it ruin your r...
@myklj999 (22264)
• Olney, Illinois
'DWB' is responsible for 3 of us (all current/previous myLotters coincidentally) getting temporarily banned from facebook. After using Foreigner for one of my daily Morning Coughee Moment videos on facebook, @SconiBear quipped "Not just white people - dirty white people". A minute later, the comment was removed and he was banned. He used his S/O's account to tell me what happened (I never even had a chance to see the comment), and so I posted the same thing as my status there. A minute or so later, it was promptly removed and I was banned. (Or one of my four accounts was banned ) Not long after that, one of our mutual friends (that we originally met here at myLot) used the same status...and got banned. facebook claimed it was 'hate speech'. We assume as quickly as it happened it had to be an 'auto-bot' that did it.
@myklj999 i'm still laughing about that.i can't believe they were that petty.
@myklj999 (22264)
• Olney, Illinois
@scarlet_woman Unky Greggy has an account here, but neither he or I can remember the name of it
@myklj999 um..i'll have to look..i know he was on my friend's list..
foreigner played on the beach here a few years ago for some event..they needed to fire the soundman.he didn't account for the acoustics near the water,and it sounded horrible.the bass was causing a "whoomp" noise through the mains.
@dgobucks226 (15222)
When compared with Cheap Trick I have to side with you on this one... The Hall of Fame really needs to redefine their selection process? During their time frame they were just as successful as anyone else. Dirty White Boy is not my favorite from this group but all the other tunes you mentioned are outstanding in my view.
@Ronrybs (8222)
• London, England
Haven't listened to a great deal of Foreigner, didn't realise just how big they were. Think I shall stick with their classic
• Preston, England
they really deserve a HOF place
@CarolDM (12440)
I like "Waiting for a girl like you".
I know the Foreigner and the song Dirty White Boy thanks for the video
They were one of my favorites