Who's Best Top Ten: Athena (#9)

@FourWalls (16310)
Poor Louisville is still trying to recover from the myLot conspiracy meeting that Lori and I had yesterday. That was a sneaky thing to do to an unsuspecting city right before Christmas! Anyway, while they recover I'll give you another great song by The Who. Here's today's song. #9: Athena Fueled by alcohol and cocaine, Pete Townshend thought he was in love after meeting Theresa Russell, an American actress who was dating (and eventually married) a director that Townshend wanted to work with. She wasn't interested. Results: "Athena." Love does strange things to people. Okay, booze and coke will do the same. But man, does this song have some great lines in it! "I felt like a pickled priest who was being flamb├ęd," and "my heart felt like a shattered glass in an acid bath" are two of my favorites. Oh, and the little slap at the boyfriend: "now you're stuck with a castrated leader, and I hate the creep." She's just a girl, and this song is da bomb! Athena Written by Pete Townshend From It's Hard, 1982 You've got me requisitioned, blondie!
The Who Album: It's Hard Released: 1982 Lyrics: Athena I had no idea how much I need her In peaceful times I hold her close and I feed her My heart starts pa...
Good morning. the song was a bomb there?
Not a big fan of The Who , but I liked a few of their songs.