Do you ask for suggestions

By sofs
@sofssu (18598)
Life is filled with decision making moments. Sometimes we know what to do , sometimes we need assistance. I know of people who ask for suggestions and then do what they have decided even before they asked you. Then there are those who ask but knock down every one of your suggestions for no good reason. There are the others who just think for themselves and go with what they decide. There are also those who ask everyone and do a bit of what everyone tells them. I do not ask for suggestions very often, I decide what I want to do and go on with it, if it only concerns me. However i do take suggestions from others if they would be affected by my decisions..I try to find one that works for everyone. Do you ask for suggestion and how do you act on them.?
@db20747 (11413)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
I listen to suggestions!! And I'll give the best suggestion I can!! I f they take it good!! I just hope I was helpful!!!
@sofssu (18598)
@db20747 Yeah that is the right approach to giving suggestions.. its their life finally.
As you can see from my user name I am all knowing
@sofssu (18598)
@allknowing But then i also see that you have shaded it out with an all smiling avatar and name.
@sofssu What's a smile got to do with asking for suggestions? There you are are. You already made me asked
@sofssu (18598)
@allknowing I didn't you gave it But jokes aside do you ask for suggestions when it involves others?
@1hopefulman (35010)
At this age, I rarely ask for suggestions unless I need an expert opinion on something which I lack knowledge or experience. I will do some research on the internet to understand the situation or problem. If there is a Bible principle involved then I will meditate on pertinent passages. The thing is to avoid problems as much as possible!
@sofssu (18598)
@1hopefulman You seem to have a very clear and practical approach to life. I like the fact that you also make sure that the decisions you make comply with your belief system. I am like that too.
@1hopefulman (35010)
@sofssu Thank you! Yes, I think that when a problem or decisions presents itself the best and first thing to do is to approach God in prayer and seek his guidance and help. I have a feeling that it is also what you do.
@sofssu (18598)
@1hopefulman Yeah, i depend heavily on him..Can't do anything without him.
I don’t usually ask suggestions from others,too. I prefer just to go what I think is the best thing to do.
@sofssu (18598)
@eliza_godinez12 You seem very sure of yourself.
@sofssu yes, it’s better that way no one to blame.
@sofssu (18598)
@eliza_godinez12 LOL so you ask for suggestions so you don't have to take the blame alone? That is a good one.
@skysnap (18248)
I do ask for suggestions. But people in my life are ran out. and it's harder to make new friends from which I can take advice.
@sofssu (18598)
@skysnap You've run out of friends from whom you can take advice.. That is sad.
@skysnap (18248)
@sofssu No I mean I don't have those friends around. and the type of people that I have around are not worth taking advice.
@sofssu (18598)
@skysnap Ok i understand that better now. Thanks for explaining.
@JESSY3236 (7808)
I don't ask for suggestions every often. I sometimes accept the suggestion.
@sofssu (18598)
@JESSY3236 That is nice.. do you like unsolicited advise/suggestions.?
@JESSY3236 (7808)
@sofssu not always.
I do not ask for suggestion often, I usually know what to do. I can ask for suggestion to a professional and follow what I learn.
@sofssu (18598)
@LadyDuck so you do in some ways, that is good.
@sofssu If there are things that I do not know, I search the Internet first, but if it's important I also ask a professional.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
By time, less and less. I want a simple suggestion and, I don't always get it. Many times, I regret asking at all.
@sofssu (18598)
@moonandstars LOL happens I guess. The less you get the better for you, you can do your own thing.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@sofssu Absolutely. Every wo(man) is an island
@hillhjill (8807)
It all depends on what I'm asking a suggestion for, if it food I will surely ask but other things I just go with whatever I want.
@sofssu (18598)
@hillhjill Is this about like lets say 'what to cook for dinner?' or generally about food.
@hillhjill (8807)
@sofssu yeah pretty much.
@leny34 (5607)
• Sidoarjo, Indonesia
I think I sometimes rarely need advice, and I will need advice when I really need it
@sofssu (18598)
@leny34 That is a very clear mind i should say.
I rarely ask for suggestions. I just go ahead and do what I think will work.
@sofssu (18598)
@Corbin5 Hmm you sound like you are very sure of yourself. Wonderful.
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
i do the same as you. i want it on my own if it is only me effected but get suggestions when it concerns others
@sofssu (18598)
@bunnybon7 True , its not fair to force your decisions on others.. that is the way I think.
@Icydoll (27950)
I will give suggestions only if someone asks..I hear suggestions from others too but the final Decision is mine .
@Janet357 (6795)
I seldom ask for suggestion. Maybe because im very independent.