Post Office Trip

@CarolDM (9082)
In case you did not know, it is close to Christmas. This time of the year sometimes brings out the not so good side of people. Had to make my semi-annual post office trip to mail the Australia package. There were two lines. Of course I had extra paperwork to complete for customs. So I stepped to the side to do this. The people behind me did not. They were asked to step aside, complete the forms and addresses, then get back in line. First of all, the addresses could have been done at home. But when you are asked to step aside, that is what you do. Just play by the rules. Some people insist on whatever they have going on is so much more important than anybody else. You know the type. We were all there for the same reason. To mail our packages. No room for attitudes. Just do what you are asked. My errand trip rant is over now. Sorry, but I could not help myself. When I see rude people it really bothers me. Hoping your day is going well. So glad to be home!
People really can behave so badly at times. Shame on them!
@CarolDM (9082)
I know. There is something in the air.
@akalinus (22987)
@CarolDM We are forced to put up with stuff because people get offended. We can't say or do anything without it being a trigger for something. Usually something ridiculous.
@CarolDM (9082)
@akalinus Don't even get me started on that topic.
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
sadly this is the time of year when people should be caring and polite to each other as our higher power wanted us to be but the majority of people have made it into greed and pompus showing off to everyone else. ego trips, etc.
@CarolDM (9082)
Yes and there are times I go out and that is the case but not today.
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
@CarolDM sorry . hope your next trip is better
@CarolDM (9082)
@bunnybon7 Thats, I am sure it will be, hopefully I can wait until after the holidays.
Not the most fun time of year at the post office.
@CarolDM (9082)
Nope but I knew that going in, so it is what it is. And it is done.
• Uzbekistan
Do you say something cheeky in such a situation or do you keep schtumm?
@CarolDM (9082)
I kept my mouth shut. Got my business done. And came home. Home sweet home.
• Uzbekistan
@CarolDM If you don't react, you are in danger of getting a heart attack! I'm sure I would have said something.
@CarolDM (9082)
@MALUSE Well it was such a small confined space, I vented to my husband when I got home.
there should not be any rude people this time of the year.They should be happy. You do get some or a lot of rude people who does not have any patience.
@CarolDM (9082)
I agree and most of the time there are not. However long lines bring out the worst in some.
@CarolDM I can imagine that it does.Patience,patinece most of them do not have.Same in driving
@CarolDM (9082)
@amadeo Yes you are so right.
@akalinus (22987)
It is the same thing when people just ram themselves into the front of the line. I really resent that, especially when I have been waiting a long time. I was in a service line once. My turn was next. This woman came closer and closer to me and squeezed herself in front. She said she had cancer so I had to understand. When my turn came, she hovered over me. I had to use my bank card and put in a pin. I was so uncomfortable with her hanging over me. What happened to confidentiality?
@CarolDM (9082)
Yes you are right and I try to bite my tongue, get in and get out as soon as I can. People are rude. That is what it boils down to.
@akalinus (22987)
@CarolDM I whispered to my son and asked if I should say something. He shook his head no. He told me later that it was not worth getting someone riled up because you don't know what they could do.
@CarolDM (9082)
@akalinus I have to agree with him.
@porwest (10042)
People who believe they are the center of the universe just irk me. Unfortunate that in the post office they can't be shipped to the Hell they belong.
@CarolDM (9082)
I know the feeling. I am so over those types. Ha you are a funny man.
@porwest (10042)
@CarolDM Some days I think there are no right sides to any bed they sleep in. Whatever side of the bed they get out on, it's the wrong side.
I have not been to a post office in years. I hardly send packages but receive them through courier service. (lol)
@CarolDM (9082)
You are the lucky one.
@CarolDM You must be having courier service too for sending parcels.
@JESSY3236 (7808)
I think people are too stressed during the holidays. I always step aside if there is just one window open.
@CarolDM (9082)
Yes and it should not be so stressful but it is what io is.
@ethal2018 (362)
I get it. Those type of people put ya in a bad mood so it's like the domino effect just gets everyone else in a bad mood, and being Holiday time is even worse.
@CarolDM (9082)
Yep, so I got my business done and came home.
@wolfgirl569 (13897)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you made it home and not jail also. Yes the rude and crazy are out heavy already.
@CarolDM (9082)
I know, it's so crazy out there. I am staying home now for as long as possible.
Aaaack I've yet to mail the holiday cards. Thanks for the reminder.
@Courage7 (21585)
I do not envy that trip the post office my friend.
I agree, people should be nice and helpful during the Christmas seasons, but some show their worst attitude.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Sometimes, post clerks should acknowledge the situation. It's their work place. Either way, forget, your package is now sent
Oh yes, I have dealt with those kind of people before....they can be infuriating! Glad you got it taken care of though, and are home now!
Some people just don't have the right values.