What Do You Want for Christmas?

@kobesbuddy (61520)
East Tawas, Michigan
This is a pretty common question, for this season of the year. Whenever someone asks me what I want for Christmas, it throws me into a tail spin. I don't spend time thinking about things that I want or even need. Usually, my biggest need is to be around other people that I love and care about. This year is different, I've come up with an item that I really DO want and need. My purse is falling apart and it's also too small. I want a new purse for Christmas, one that I picked out for myself! Photo:Borrowed from Pixabay
I don't know what I want for Christmas. Maybe something money can't buy - family harmony.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I would love family harmony, and only God can bring that one to pass:)
@kobesbuddy I agree.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him There's division and jealousy between my two kids. Mari Lyn is serving the Lord and Chad isn't. So, he picks at her all the time, to make himself look better.
I am not interested in much of anything other than my bills. I want my roof and food in the fridge. I am sure those are covered so if someone asks me. I want a visa card. Because it's going on future bills. The lights are always due.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Our bills are a first priority, too. If they're paid late, I get stressed out!.
@kobesbuddy I am sure you know that about myself as well. That is why I am pissed about the tickets. But I let that go already I am going to take it and not make that mistake again.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@sharon6345 We all learn by our mistakes. It toughens us up and we become a much stronger person.
I told my husband that I would like an Apple Watch. I've had FitBits for the past several years and have been happy with them. My sister got an Apple Watch several months ago and really likes it (after also having the same FitBit I have) so it must be at least comparable to it in terms of fitness tracking plus it does so much more. I bought my husband one last year for his Christmas present. He swore up and down that he didn't want one he didn't want one he didn't want one. Well, once he got it he was forced to admit that he loved it. So I think that I will like it too. He TRIED to tell me that he would give me his and he would get the newest model that was just released. He made up stuff like I always break technology, I lose things, I don't need all of the features, etc. I was like "what are you talking about?!?!?" He just doesn't want me to have a nicer one than he has.
@kobesbuddy I don't care if he gets the newest one. . . but don't tell me that I can't get that too.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@NJChicaa Jay steers me toward the cheap flip phones. The next time I get one, his tongue is gonna fall out of his mouth, what I select for myself! lol
@kobesbuddy Flip phones?!?!?! No way girl! It is time to get a smartphone and get into the 21st century!
@Tina30219 (38693)
• Onaway, Michigan
I hope you get your purse you want. I need new clothes since I have lost some weight.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We usually go to Target and fine a good selection of purses. Congratulations, on your weight loss:)
@Tina30219 (38693)
• Onaway, Michigan
@kobesbuddy I love Target. Thanks I am really trying.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Tina30219 I like the Target store, a lot more than WalMart.
@porwest (11778)
I am a very simple man. I just want to be alive, and it is the only thing I wish for and hope for. Nothing else matters.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I have a family of grand-kids, putting in Santa lists! What I get isn't important, the kids come first:)
@porwest (11778)
@kobesbuddy So long as they bring you joy. Tis what life is all about.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@porwest Without joy and contentment, life isn't worth a nickel!
Not really sure what I want...what I really want is for my art "career" to take off. But not sure if that counts lol.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'd like for my family to be together, but that's not gonna happen.
@kobesbuddy I hear you...I am sorry that's not going to happen though :(
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@MommyOfEli2013 The three older kids are going somewhere else, on Christmas. That's O.K., last year we all got together at my daughter's house.
So essentially, you know what you want to buy yourself for Christmas. Hmm, I'm not always sure what I want either, but if you are buying for me then you won't fail if you get me : A voucher to a bookstore Anything with Celtic Origin Blankets Pillows Something Food Related
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
You have a wonderful list of choices, very good selections! My husband will buy the purse, I just don't want him to pick one out. He does the same thing, Jay decides what he needs and picks it out himself.
@kobesbuddy I think that's the best way to be. My family has never been the list making type or the "you pick it out" type. When I was married, my mother in law wanted us to make a list of what we wanted. That was so new to me and I was so uncomfortable doing it. I have a friend who has her family make out a list of what they want. For friends she just wings it but she knows me well enough that she's never gotten me something I didn't want. This year I bought her barbecue sauce and seasonings. They are both things that are handmade (though not by me). I am really hoping she will like them, but I am also worried she won't. I wanted it to be something useful as we've had conversations about how we're both trying to be more minimalist.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@ScribbledAdNauseum Jay got a bottle of wing's hotsauce, from a man he knows. I guess the guy made it himself.
I would not know what to reply. I would like a new handbag, but I need to choose it myself.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, that's the way I feel about it, also:) I'd never want someone else to select it, for me.
@kobesbuddy I have to see if it's the right dimension, how it is made inside, the right color is also important.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LadyDuck This last purse I loved it, but it's quite small. My next one needs to be a little bigger.
@dya80dya (9120)
I want to be healthy and happy. I bought all the things I needed. But I can't buy health.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Happiness and better health, I'm working on it for sure:) Only God can create a miracle, for us:)
@dya80dya (9120)
@kobesbuddy I agree with you. We need a miracle.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@dya80dya We don't appreciate good health, as young people. But, as I get older, now I DO miss having excellent health!
@dgobucks226 (15256)
Yes, like you I don't really focus on what I want for Christmas. I'm probably more focused on what to buy family and friends instead. I don't require a lot of material possessions to make me happy although my brother bought me a computer a couple of years ago which I really appreciated.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
If we need something during the year, we usually buy it. So, for Christmas it's a lot more fun to focus on giving, to others we love.
@dgobucks226 (15256)
@kobesbuddy Yes, definitely like your thinking there!
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@dgobucks226 Thanks, we never wait for Christmas, to buy items we really need.
I want someone to take me to buy some shoes. I don´t want to go out alone. I thought I´d buy some Sketcher gym shoes half a number bigger to take to Mexico, just in case my feet swell.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I think that's a wonderful idea, Sketchers make some very nice gym shoes!
@kobesbuddy And I need to learn again to walk.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@marguicha gym shoes are so comfortable, for long walks.
That's a good question, I have seen my two sons this year I guess I'd be satisfied having my health.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yikes, what a great answer! I would love a Christmas gift, of better health!
@kobesbuddy When I go to the nursing home, I see people that I used to work with at the chicken plant, and I feel so grateful.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@popciclecold My husband use to work at a chicken plant, his father did also.
I need wishes that the party I am going to throw becomes a success
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
And I hope the party you are throwing, turns out to be a big success!
@kobesbuddy Thanks. I hope so too.
@alberello75 (20394)
• Genova, Italy
What do I want for Christmas? Being left in PEACE, by my family members! Being "given up!", No longer being stressed by them, above all, by my brother and my mother! Perhaps I ask too much, dear Kharla?
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Nope, asking God for peace is a very wise request! Keep praying and he will give it to you:)
@alberello75 (20394)
• Genova, Italy
@kobesbuddy Mine was not a reference in the Religious sphere. Only what I would like to receive for Christmas. The quiet after 43 years of obsessions from third people.
I think it wouldn't hurt to ask a sweet person in your family, whom you think is kind and willing enough to get you a purse. It's not an everyday thing that you will be asking for a purse, it's only now :-) I like the same thing that you would like to have this Christmas and that is being around other people that I love and care about. My older sister and her family are living 1/2 a world away from me & my daughter and miss them dearly. It's just so different living so far from your love ones, not only holidays, but everyday.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We are fortunate enough, to have all our special relatives living about 2 1/2 hrs away.
@aureliah (21614)
• Kenya
That photo is beautiful. I rarely get gifts for Xmas but this time round some has paid for a dress for me
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Oh my gosh, I'd love to see a photo of your new dress:)
@1creekgirl (13678)
I think a lot of us women have trouble thinking of gifts for ourselves. We're usually busy shopping for everyone else! The last few years I buy a few things for my husband and myself, just to have a few gifts to open while the kids are with us on Christmas morning. We're not wealthy, but we're blessed to have what we need and a lot of what we want. Hope you find the perfect purse and on sale!
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I love to watch the kids opening gifts! It's a time when they get all excited, which makes my day:)
@CarolDM (12568)
I never get asked that any more thank goodness.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I need a purse, but not just because it's Christmas. I'll probably buy one before the holiday.
• South Korea
For me, a plane ticket to Australia maybe becuase I miss my nana (grandma) and my sister.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Bless your heart, I wish you could go visit them, in Australia!
All I ever want is time with my loved ones. That cannot be wrapped up or put under a tree.
@kobesbuddy (61520)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Nope, it can't be wrapped up or put under the tree, but it's ours for the asking:)