Another Chapter Finished

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I hoped to do two chapters today, but the chapter I worked on was a long one and took most of the day. I needed to take time out to eat and watch a movie before getting back to it. The Christmas movie I watched on Netflix was A Holiday Calendar. It was okay. I can also say, I only screamed at the editing program once and didn't try to pull out my hair at all. I'm doing better. With all the subdivisions I've made on the chapters, I think I have 12-13 chapters left and about 200 pages. I really need a breather, so I will clear out the notifications that piled up while I was away, and interact with you. I hope you had a good day. Thanks for reading. I'm also considering going back to the pool tomorrow. Yes, my rib still hurts, but I can tolerate it much better than the last two days. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Since it's Friday, I might also wait until Monday.
@xander6464 (6024)
• Wapello, Iowa
I can also say, I only screamed at the editing program once and didn't try to pull out my hair at all -----You're doing much better than I am. I scream and tear my hair out at least five times a day.
Are you near bald if you pull it out five times a day? I must be getting a hang of the editing program after 38 chapters.
• Wapello, Iowa
@just4him I am blessed in that area. I am in no danger of going bald. But it doesn't make it any less annoying.
@xander6464 True. So, far I'm in no danger either, but when I start pulling gobs of hair out, then I'll start to worry.
I hope your ribs will not hurt and you can go to the pool. You need to do something different.
Thank you. I went, but I needed to cut the time short. It was good to be back in the water.
@just4him A bit of exercise is so good.
@LadyDuck Yes, it is.
Sorry that chapter took so long but glad you had a better time than before with the editing.
Yes, thank you. By the time I finish this book, I will know more about what to look for when editing. That will be a plus.
@just4him a big plus, im sure. Which will help you go faster with editing the other books.
@Courtlynn Yes, it will.
You are truly blessed that you are consistent with your writings.
I need to be consistent. I have a publisher and a deadline.
@a_jerobon (688)
• Eldoret, Kenya
I hope you had a good time at the pool and your rib is getting well.
Thank you. My rib is doing better. I had a full swim this morning.
@stringer321 (3727)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
Keep going if you like the writing. I'm interested and I'm almost sure I have asked you what the book is all about, but I totally forgot. Can you please tell me ? Why do you write this book ? Most of the times I enjoy my job, I don't count the hours left. I hope you have fun writing, it takes a lot of thinking, how to connect many ideas and make it clear and easy to understand. What keeps you up with the motivation ?
I'll start with your last question. I've been writing since I was 8 years old. My motivation is wanting to create a story people will want to read. When I started writing this book, I wanted to show the other side - a man's perspective. Many books are written from the woman's perspective, especially in the romance genres. I don't write romance. This book is a mystery - Industrial sabotage in the fashion industry. It's about a man who has a huge dislike for women, and I need to discover the reason why. He's the plant manager and fired every secretary he had until the boss stepped in and hired one for him and told him he couldn't fire her. It's a story of sabotage and relationships. I need to solve both problems, and that's what makes this book interesting. It's a story of faith, courage, and loyalty. Writing is my life. I love it.
Sounds like you're making progress with your book and the editing, etc. Sorry to hear about your rib and hope you can get back to the pool soon.
Thank you. I went back this morning. I didn't stay as long as usual. My rib decided the matter, but it did feel good to be back in the water. Thank you, I hope I can get a chapter done today. I have a busy day ahead of me, and not on the computer.
Well, I hope your time in the pool gets to relieve of your bone pain.
I did go this morning, and it felt good to be back in the pool. I did need to cut the time short though.
@ridingbet (61984)
i hope the pool and swimming will work wonders on you.
They did. It was good to be back in the pool this morning.
@Elizaby (4192)
• Pensacola, Florida
Looks like with 12 chapters you should make your goal in plenty of time. sounds like the rib is getting better. glad to hear
Yes, it is, thank you. I should get it finished in time.
Console yourself that you are at least another chapter closer to completion.
I do. 200 pages, 1/3 of the book to go.
Good for you. Hope your ribs feel better soon. Enjoy the evening.
Thank you. It was a good evening.
@Janet357 (6795)
Writing will eat up your enerygy, time to relax and eat something indeed,
I ate in the middle.
I was supposed to go to the gym tonight but I was actually more sore today from Tuesday night's session than I was on Wednesday so when my sister said she wasn't going I decided to cancel. I'll go on Saturday morning for Strongman.
That's a good idea. Give your muscles a chance to recoup.