Another surprise. My employers had gone skiing without paying me

By SS
Croatia (Hrvatska)
I'm dancing an angry dance now. Walking to my atm felt like hell and, it was precisely like that when I've seen the same amount on my account. For 3-4 weeks now, I'm helping a young man with special needs. Basically, I'm tutoring him in important majors. He's enrolled in Economy and marketing college and, for a Croatian language professor like me, this was a challenge. Actually, I can thank my sister for this cause, she found out her friend got a job in school and this friend decided she can't be a tutor for this young man anymore. I felt like it was a small destiny, that I simply jumped in. I must say, I enjoy tutoring someone one on one. Just, I was instructed that (very rich) parents don't pay on time. I like to have a weekly payment and, from beginning, it varied. It was either Friday or Monday. As I've heard from a previous girl, they are paying yet, last week they forgot and now, I really doubt they'll pay me while they are skiing. I mean, I reminded them on last Wednesday and Friday and, I'm sure they are somewhere enjoying, while I'm not. I've sent them an e-mail, which is how we communicate, but who reads e-mails when they are on winter holidays. I feel very disappointed, angry, let down. I really gave my best last week, for this young boy cause, I knew he would go skiing. What a disaster. Can you relate to this? Employers can be real d....
• Lenox, Georgia
I'm sorry they haven't paid you yet. I hope they do soon.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Me too. I mean, how would they feel. Thank you for support.
@Nevena83 (10235)
• Serbia
I'm sorry for what's happening to you, I hope those people will be more responsible.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I wish that as well. I hate that I have to remind them that, every single time
@Nevena83 (10235)
• Serbia
@moonandstars Yes, I believe that it can be both uncomfortable.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Nevena83 It is. Bloody people.
@louievill (20631)
I wonder sometimes how people can enjoy a vacation knowing they have unfinished business and obligations that they left behind
@Courage7 (26413)
I hate that filthy habit of not paying someone especially since they are rich.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Maybe I should omit that part but, it's more sad cause, they have it and, they don't care about it. And if it was the other way around, there would be storms and fire. This was my exact scenario for the New Year's Eve. I mean, if I do my part, why can't they their part?
@Courage7 (26413)
@moonandstars Really it is low down there is no excuse for it.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Courage7 Right. This kind of reminds me of my first job as a college student. Waiting for a month for my payment then, I had to call the service for students and found out that employer didn't want to pay me cause, he suspected I stole something. From a shop where everything was outdated, I don't know who would be that miserable. Employers here are awful. I envy people who don't need to bother about these issues.
@responsiveme (21532)
Here there are tutors who take advance payments. I suppose it is because of incidents like this
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I was thinking the same and, it's possible online, maybe just, here, in person, noone likes to pay in front. But, I'm tired of their false saying they paid, when they didn't.
@moonandstars in person also they take advance payment .Just be firm
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@responsiveme It depends from the start and of a country. I'm an individual, I'm not an agency so, things are the way they are. Still, thank you. P.s. they answered me and said they sent their payment yesterday. I need to go to atm again.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
That is very selfish of them to leave to go skiing without paying you. I hope you have enough money in your account to help you get by until they get back and pay you. If not, I hope you do the angry dance on their faces! Sorry...that was mean of me to say that. But you deserve to get paid on time.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
It is selfish and rude, you're right. I could never do that. I just wish I didn't have to go through same things with every employer. That's what noone around me understands. It's either no paying or being late. Everything I have, I don't spend if I don't have to and, I'm reluctant to do it cause, I know how hard it was for me to earn this. It wasn't mean; it was very frank and, thank you
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@moonandstars It's good that you don't go out and spend all your money. I'd be like you, reluctant to spend if I don't know when my next paycheck is coming.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@moffittjc Maybe things would change one day and, if I don't grow old or get ill
I'm sorry you didn't get paid yet. I had a job once that paid erratically. I found out it was a scam job. I wasn't thrilled to learn that.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
This isn't but, I'm having it hard time week after week. Actually, I have an impression that parents aren't united. Mom of a boy said it was paid and father doesn't have a clue. I mean, come on. Who's dump and dumper here
@moonandstars Sounds like they're playing games with you. Not good. I hope you get paid soon.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@just4him Thank you. They paid me today and, father contacted me. Gosh; I nearly lost my mind.
@ilocosboy (41791)
I can feel your disappointment, just like when we weren't given bonus last Christmas.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
O, sorry to hear you went through this as well. I mean, we just want to do our jobs. If the job is done, pay me; don't turn me into beggar or something. Very bad attitude.
@ilocosboy (41791)
Bad attitude of employers.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@ilocosboy It is. If it was the other way around, I'm sure police would be knocking on my doors or something
@florelway (1066)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@moonandstars, I feel you we are on the same boat our salary for the period December 16-31, 2018 is still unpaid. Very sad because we have a tradition that our pockets must have plenty of cash on the new year. Maybe I will go with the tradition on the Chinese New Year. When I was a controller in a private firm ( I now work for the government) my boss would always tell me of all things not to delay the salary of the people. We cannot delay the daily meals of our employees, plus there are bills to be paid.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Sorry to her that. O, I would like a real job as well just, freelance jobs are my current situation but it doesn't matter for a short term just, employers should be more responsible. I give them reports about their son dailly and they should at least pay me and not ignore me. I hate it.
@florelway (1066)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@moonandstars I also like to have a freelance job in addition to my full-time job because when I reach the compulsory retirement age I will be an expert on online job
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@florelway That's a great goal
@CarolDM (12300)
Yes something similar happened when I tried to help someone I thought was in need. All we can do is try.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Yes, that's an action as well
@CarolDM (12300)
@moonandstars Agree with you!
• Algeria
yes theycan
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Indeed
@JESSY3236 (8057)
that's terrible. They should have paid you before going on their trip.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Well, they answered me last night that they paid me already. Then, I had to say it was a week before. Going to atm again today, I can testify they paid me. I'm glad and thankful just, why putting me through this. Gosh.
Very inappropriate for the parents not to pay you. Such a disappointment for you.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
It is. Maybe it was my fault cause, I've sent the e-mail to mother, not father still, they live together. Yes and, thank you.
@Mavic123456 (17083)
• Thailand
relax... here for you...
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Thanks. I could use some
@maximax8 (29148)
I am sorry that your employer hasn't paid you yet. I have a disabled son aged 11 who is at school at the moment. He has a caring assistant that helps him in lessons and with his medical needs. I hope your employer who is on holiday in a ski resort reads your email.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Thank you. I'm gad to hear that. I hope that too, thank you.
Sorry to hear this my friend.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Yeah, it's not fun at all and, thanks They did the same thing for this New Year's Eve. I mean, they could pay me the week that I've done my services or the last deadline is on Monday for the week before but, no, they don't have a clue and similar explanations. I hate it that I'm responsible but I work with irrensponsible and silly people
That was inconsiderate of them.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
They did the same thing for the New Year's Eve. Only the first week, they paid it on time. I mean, I don't work pro bono. Awful situation.