It IS Winter Time.

It IS wintertime. I had to remind myself of that when I looked out the window a little while ago. And we did get what the weather forecast said we would. We had snow bands move across the city last night. And there is lots of snow out there, and it was windy, so it blew around. We live in the north-west end of the city, and they did say that the east side would get more snow. And that is the direction in which I will have to drive to get to work. I'll be leaving early so that I arrive safely. With all of that mild weather and rain, I almost forgot, but this morning I do remember, this is winter time.
@dodo19 (34670)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I know what you mean. we got some snow, then it got warmer and snow turned to slush. now we're getting a bit more snow. Tonight it's going to get so cold. Freezing cold. I'm really not looking forward to that.
I haven't seen the weather forecast yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a few more days of cold weather. They are getting a cold and bad winter out west, so it all flows this way sooner or later.
@dodo19 (34670)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv Honestly it wouldn't surprise me either. We do have to expect it around this time of year.
Take it slow and careful on the roads.
Thanks, I left about 20 minutes early and was fine.
It has been cold today, but the sun is still shining and by noon the temperature is bearable.
The sun shone nice today here also, but the temperatures were cold. Somehow I like a cold, dry and sunny day over a slightly warmer, damp and cloudy day. It feels healthier.
@Juliaacv This morning is colder, I see that the water outside is frozen.
@LadyDuck Here too, its actually seasonable today. I don't mind that, its healthy to have the right temperatures.
I am hoping you make it and you are right to leave early. There are some true jerks driving out there without that bit of wise thinking. Blowing horns and rushing to slam into others. Have a good day.
Thanks, I did arrive safe and sound and then went on to have a really great day.
@Juliaacv That is wonderful I am hoping another blessed day for you today as well.
@sharon6345 Thanks, it was a good day today. I hope that you had a good day today, did you?
I hope you got to work safely. And back home, of course. Also hope it was a good work day, and that tomorrow is even better to give you a great start for the weekend.
Thanks. It was a really great day at work today except that my upper back and neck are bothering me. I will have my hours changed after working next week, and that should allow me to get an appointment to see my doctor. I'm up now because I woke up with throbbing pain, so I took something and I will lay back down when the pain subsides.
@Juliaacv ouch, im sorry. I hope it goes away soon.
@Courtlynn thanks
We had snow too but it turned to rain and everything was a slushy mess but now the temperatures are dropping so we will be dealing with lots of ice. Drive carefully and have a good day at work.
Thanks, I had a great day at work. Yesterday I was in the large cafeteria and noticed someone that I worked with a couple of years ago back in the area that we lived in before we moved. I asked him and he hugged me and told me that I looked familiar but he wasn't sure. I love running into old acquaintances like that. We chatted again today in the hallway.
@Juliaacv it is always nice to reconnect with people
@Happy2BeMe Its a small world. He even admitted it and told me how glad he is to be in the same workplace with me again. That was nice to hear.
I'm sure you'll drive carefully but I'm sending positive vibes and prayers for your safety as well.
Thanks, I must have felt those vibes as I did pretty good. I get so intimidated when its so early that its still dark out plus I am not an early morning person like I used to be and my reflexes may not be 100% at that hour.
@Juliaacv I find that driving at night is getting to be a bit problematical now.
@JudyEv I dislike driving in the dark especially when its raining or snowing.
I think we got lulled into forgetting it's winter with all the warm weather we had for so long. Ugh...I'm not ready for snow
No, I'll pass on the snow, but I do love those cold temperatures. Friday and Saturday were both sunny, dry and below freezing, and both were really nice days.
@Juliaacv that's what our weather has been for the past few days...sunny and cold
So glad you are leaving early to ensure your drive is a safe one. We had only a dusting of snow in December and so far, none in January. I hope that no-snow thing lasts for a very long time. I can handle a dusting, but do not like lots of snow one bit.
Hasn't this been a nice non-snow winter? I just love it. We had more then enough last year for then and this year also.
@Juliaacv I love it too. I hope we set a record for the lowest snow-accumulation in history.
Our state has missed the last few storms. All we got this week was a dusting of snow.
Its nice to have a dry winter for a change isn't it? After the winter that we had last year I will take this with a smile.
yes it is winter time.Now we have something to look forward to.Spring
I'm okay with the season of winter, its driving early in the mornings when we've have snow over night that I am not very strong at. But......I'm working on it.
@myklj999 (22262)
• Olney, Illinois
Two days ago it was almost 60, today it is 20...but it IS January 10th, so...
It has been up and really down this week here also. I don't know for how long, but I shouldn't complain based on what normal winters are like.
@DWDavis (16240)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Careful driving in the snow. Our temps are hovering around 0C this morning to remind us it is winter here, also.
We have been having weather like you are until last night. I made it safely to work today.
We had a little snow not long before.Drive carefully and wrap up warm !