I got news.

Banks, Oregon
Hey, guys so I talked to that girl, for the 2nd time now, Even saw her on web cam and, we had a good conversation, everything seems almost perfect, plus she seems to really like me, but then comes the concern, she asked me for money and, not 5 or 10 dollars 250 dollars for food and, air time she said, my answer was you're so pretty and, nice I would give you 250 if I had it but I don't, then she asked how much I could give from my heart. I told her I would let her know next time we talked but is she just trying to get money or really needs help as a student to be a nurse in Ghana? I won't tell her personal part of the story in case it's true. I did message Jenn though, but I ask you guys, because I'm a sucker for pretty girls. Photo is from Pixabay free images.
@1creekgirl (13656)
TR. DO NOT GIVE HER MONEY!!!! It's a scam. Even though you saw her, it's not legit. You're a great guy with a lot of heart and there's a woman out there for you. When you find her, she will NEVER ask you for money.
Thank you my friend, that's what I figure too, but how do you know for sure?
@1creekgirl (13656)
@TRBRocks420 I've heard of it happening too many times. It's a universal scam. A lot of dating sites are legit, but when someone asks for money, drop her right then. If you ever send her money, she'll keep asking for more. You'll lose not only your money, but time that you could have had developing a real relationship with a real woman. Do you have a church or friends who could introduce you to someone? Hobbies, local places where singles hang out? Ask God to help you, TR.
@1creekgirl I will probably tell her sorry and, see where it goes if I don't give her money, but she acts like she wants to come here too and, no currently I live on a hill top lol.
@VivaLaDani13 (23614)
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Hey dude! I know I have to answer other posts of yours but I really wanted to answer this one RIGHT NOW! You can do what you like but PLEASE for the love of whatever you love the most, do not fall for this! No one and I mean NO ONE asks for money unless they actually know you very well ( family member, close friend ) not someone you just met and especially the amount she is asking for! Please oh god please do not be one of those guys who will literally do anything for someone just because they are pretty! That seriously pisses me off when people do that because 9 times out of 10, you will get hurt and made to look like a fool. A pretty face does not always mean a pretty heart! I obviously do not know this person but it already sounds so fishy! And dating sites are loaded with these scams. My dad gets them ALL THE TIME!!!! I'm warning you dude. Do what you want but this doesn't sound good at all!
Hey, my friend and, like I said I was concerned it's why I asked, also not just because pretty she also seems perfect except for the fact she asked for money, but she also had reasons if they're true.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Maybe they are true I don't know but I don't fall for this bull crap. It doesn't matter if she shares laughs with you, tells you "secrets" / stories or whatever she does. Asking for money already is a big red flag! I honestly hope you don't fall for this but whatever you do I wish you to be safe and happy!
@VivaLaDani13 Thanks and, I know I'm not acting at all right now told her I was going to bed figured would talk to you guys and, sleep on it.
• Lenox, Georgia
I absolutely love you and you know I only say things from there. Find someone who will love you, without money. I met my husband online when he was homeless and broke-just saying. Lol. I still loved him and didn't care how much he had or didn't. And I never asked for anything but his love.
I know that's why I value your opinion and, always ask you before I do something stupid lol, also love you too and, she did say she wasn't playing games and, didn't care if is I was rich or poor, but we all know people lie, even pretty girls I have had to come to accept this lol.
• Lenox, Georgia
@TRBRocks420 Well see what she says if you say you can't send money and never will until you are physically with a person. That should bring the truth to the surface. :) Unfortunately, people do lie and some have no conscience.
@LovingMyBabies Yes :) and, thank you think I'm going to finally sleep now lol.
@Dena91 (5062)
Just a head's up. My best friend went on dating sights, got caught up in giving money to men who promised to marry her. After not listening to me or her grown children she gave away all of her money, over $100,000. She eventually met someone who didn't ask her for money and they have been married for a year. Ghana is one of the highest places in the world for scammers to work from. I know you'll do what is right for you but I am asking you to be careful because once you give $$$ they won't stop asking. I know from first hand experience.
Yeah, I know my friend, it's just like I said besides asking for money she seemed perfect and, is already acting like she wants to be with me, but I said I don't want to rush things.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 There is a good chance she will ACT like she wants to visit you or even be with you but then keep making excuses to not come but will continue to ask for money. Everyone on here is telling you to watch out. This happens way too often. I'm sorry but this is not the woman for you. You are being warned by multiple people but if you happen to be left broken hearted with money missing, we will still be here. But nope....I have very little trust for this woman. Some people will do anything for money no matter what role they have to play and no matter who they hurt in the process.
@Dena91 (5062)
@VivaLaDani13 That is exactly how they did with me friend. They kept making promise that they never kept. Kept saying they were coming here to marry her but found excuses as to why they couldn't and how they needed money. They had an accident. They are sick. They need money for school. They need money for the ticket to come here. They need money to help their mom out. Need need need never once giving a thing in return but sweet words. Broke my heart to see her believe their lies. They sense when someone is desparate and will play with their emotions.
Yes they are plenty out there playing this game.Be careful
• Perth, Australia
@amadeo Exactly. My dad gets this all the time. Women who seem interested and nice but have a sob story then ask for money. Happens so much!
I know my friend. I for sure will not give her a big amount if at all. I'm just gathering opinions, but figure I will tell her sorry I don't really feel comfortable doing that right now, but will see how things continue to progress, like I said to I messaged Jenn.
@VivaLaDani13 I know my friend. I for sure will not give her a big amount if at all. I'm just gathering opinions, but figure I will tell her sorry I don't really feel comfortable doing that right now, but will see how things continue to progress, like I said to I messaged Jenn.
@fluffy69 (1093)
Oh boy, you are old enough to know what it means. Please stay away from that girl
I know it doesn't sound good, but sometimes a person does really just need help.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Yes sometimes people really do need help and it's sweet you would do that but sometimes people act and lie. Dude....ugh I feel like this is going to turn sour. Even if you just said, I'm sorry I don't have the money. See how long she stays around for....
@noni1959 (3615)
@TRBRocks420 They do but pretty girls rarely do. It's society and they can get good jobs, men who will care for them etc.
@nela13 (11166)
• Portugal
I don't want to disappoint you but I think she is only interested in getting some money.
Thanks and, yes I know.
@Courage7 (26413)
Forget sending money to strangers period
I hear you my friend.
@Courage7 (26413)
@TRBRocks420 Besides you dont have it just like I dont. We are not rich
@Courage7 You got that right, but I would certainly help a real damsel in distress, this one how ever is probably just trying to rob me blind lol.
@1creekgirl (13656)
Even if she asks for money to come visit you, don't do it. She will take your money and never show up. This is how they make money by stealing it from nice guys like you. Please listen to all your myLot friends...we really do care about you.
Thanks I'm not going to give her any.
@1creekgirl (13656)
@TRBRocks420 That's a very wise decision.
Be careful TR. Sounds to me like she's going to try to get money from you.
Thank you and, yes I will be careful, but I just want it to be true. She even looks the part.
@TRBRocks420 I sincerely hope you find the woman of your dreams and one that lives closer to you
Be careful. For me it would be a red flag if I just started talking to somebody and they asked me for money whether it was a large amount or a small amount. I am just guessing I would think she is preying on people and seeing what she can get.
Yes, she looks like the kind of girl guys would gladly give their money too lol, but I'm just a dreamer so it causes me to believe miracles.
@TRBRocks420 I understand that. You have a good heart and you would never use people so you find it hard to believe that others would. I would tell her that you are uncomfortable giving her money and see what happens. I think that you will never hear from here again. She will move on to her next victim.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 How can a miracle be a woman you've just met asking you to pay for her way in life? Seriously? This is actually making me angry cause I feel like you're going to do this. As much as this is your decision I'm still so angry this woman is trying to con you. And she's pushing the right buttons for you to obey! I'm so angry about this! You are my friend! I wouldn't lie to you! I will always have your back! Just watch out! You're being lured in easily and she will pretty much say anything you want to hear so you will give her what she wants. She just may have you wrapped around her little lying finger!
@FayeHazel (23410)
Ah,... I would be very careful. Big red flag. Someone who wants to get to know you will not be asking you for money. The story may be compelling - but is, in all likelihood - false. Sorry. These scammers get 0 respect from me. Now there are beautiful girls who will talk to guys on the internet for a fee, I actually respect them more. It's upfront, at least. They are charging a set fee in exchange for chatting with them and at least everyone knows it, up front. I would drop her quicker than a hot rock. But, I can relate.... maybe you are tender hearted. Maybe you're thinking "what if she's for real and really having XYZ situation...." so, if you are uncomfortable just dropping her - continue to not send her money. She asks for it, tell her you were just going to ask her if she could send you some because you're in a pinch....see what she says. Or at very least don't send her any. If she is for real - she won't mind and will continue to be a friend. If she is a scam artist - she won't stick around. You deserve someone better than a scam artist. She might be very cute, and charming - but looks have little to nothing to do with someone's true personality and intent.
Thanks you're probably right.
@FayeHazel (23410)
@TRBRocks420 I wish you the best in finding someone nice... they're out there. Sounds like the nice - single females are just as hard to find as the nice single males. Ha. Everyones hiding
@FayeHazel Many prospects just she was the one it progressed the most with thus far, but will continue the journey soon lol.
I used to know this couple that did this to men, the woman was very pretty and she would ask for money and once this guy I know had figured her out so he told her he sent money but didnt and she was doing the cam to cam thing and he heard a man say" its not there!" come to find out they were scamming for money. People who are for real wont ask for money.
I know you're probably right. I immediately got the red flag the second she said 250 dollars, like get a job baby I'm not going to be you're sugar Daddy, one I'm not rich, 2 I have not met you in real life and, only talked to you online 2 days.
@TRBRocks420 Some men wouldnt give his wife $250 cash, for nothing.
@andriaperry I know but I'm sure you know I easily would lol.
@LeaPea2417 (23561)
• Toccoa, Georgia
It is a scam. Have you seen that show called "Catfish" about the two guys who help people who have been scammed online by fake boyfriend/girlfriends?
I figure as much and, yes I have seen it lol.
Sadly, she is just after your money. I believe it is called "catfishing." Dating sites warn about this: "Some catfish seek money, and build a fake relationship with their victims to get it. Others seek to prey on their victims’ sympathies and emotions, often relating tragic family events or personal circumstances. Catfish have also been known to seek revenge on a former significant other, prank a friend or acquaintance, or simply seek to amuse themselves at the expense of other people."
I know that's likely true my friend I won't give her any.
Be very careful. She may be trying to to advantage or con you.
Thanks and, yes I think I will just say sorry.
@CarolDM (12300)
I have to repeat what the others are saying.... do NOT give anyone money. Please walk away.
@noni1959 (3615)
This is a huge scam and unfortunately, they thrive on free dating sites and some who are lucrative, go on Match and other sites. Some will talk to you for a month or more to gain your confidence and then give a story they can't meet because poor dad is deathly ill and they need money to get there or they claim to be a serviceman or woman needing to fly home and will pay it back once home. They never ever use their own photos, stealing from other people. When skyping, they use models in their circle to do it. They prey on lonely hearts. My FB messenger gets filled with the archived inbox stuff from guys who do this to women. I delete and report often. I still read about men and women who fall for these scams and wind up very hurt and out of so much money. About six years ago I had a friend who was going on and on about a man who was rich and going to buy her a place to live in the Bahamas. As time went on, we saw the signs she never met him and was giving money while he said he'd pay back once his investments matured and on and on. When we tried to explain to her, she shut up out and got pretty nasty about it. Once that scammer bled her dry, he moved on. Most are from Africa or countries the US cannot prosecute so they are never arrested.
This really does sound like a scam. I hope you'll think carefully about it.
I'm not going to give her money.
@TRBRocks420 Great. And I wish you the best of luck. If she isn't the one, there will be another.
@JudyEv I have 3 good prospects right now.
Be careful in dealing with girls you have met online and then after sometime would ask for money. They are doing the Friendship for the money.
Thanks my friend. I didn't give her any money.
@TRBRocks420 That's good then.