Peanut Butter Bars

Last night I said 'alright, let's make some PB Choccy Bars'. So off I went to the kitchen after a quick glance at google for inspiration. I didn't have any graham crackers. I didn't have many cookies either. I had two digestive biscuits left and all sorts of other assortments. I used the two digestive biscuits, some wheat crackers and the rest of a stack of vanilla waffle cones. I added butter after viciously attacking the crackers until they were nothing but crumbs. I formed that into a lined pan and began on the filling. Oh I added a bit of brown sugar to the mixture before forming it. The filling was a bag of mixed morsels. White, Dark and Milk Chocolates. Then a half a bag of peanut butter and milk chocolate morsels. Peanut Butter and Sugar. I didn't measure the sugar but it was probably a half a cup or less. I didn't want it too sweet. It turned out perfect. I don't bake as I am not very good at it, but I can manage this.
@CarolDM (12300)
Yum, I love baking with different chocolates.
I had a lot of morsels left over from Christmas baking. I actually had them all left over. I took a picture and sent it to the group chat but one of the girls still brought their own. Anyway, I have a lot of morsels to work with now atleast. I want another piece but I am being good. I will wait until later tonight, or tomorrow if I can hold out that long.
• Sonora, California
@ScribbledAdNauseum Sounds super good!
Sorry, just now saw this. Yes, I do too. I am thinking I might use pecans or walnuts as part of the crust for another batch.
@nela13 (11166)
• Portugal
It looks good, I like peanuts a lot.
As do I. I was going to make these flavored nuts you can get at the flea market here but I haven't yet. I need to get the nuts to make it first.
@nela13 (11166)
• Portugal
@ScribbledAdNauseum nuts are also very good.
@nela13 Yes they can be very healthy for us in moderation. I like Walnuts the best.
I love pnut butter.This looks good
I used natural creamy peanut butter, my favorite kind is the crunchy though. It is delicious. I plan to eat a bar a day.
@ScribbledAdNauseum good for you there.Why not
@amadeo As opposed to the two or more I'd rather have.
@Courage7 (26413)
I love peanut butter..can I have a bite please?
Certainly, how big of a bite?
@Courage7 (26413)
That is how new recipes are created. Going by what went in there surely I would just finish it off.
I am being good and only eating one or two bars a day. I had one for a midmorning snack, I'll eat one for a late evening snack later.
Oh that looks and sounds so good
It is delicious. I am going to make some again (not anytime soon) and add more peanut butter chips and less chocolate ones.
@1creekgirl (13656)
Oh, that sounds so yummy!
Absolutely delicious. I already have ideas on how to make it different and more healthy for next time.
Your peanut butter bars looks really good. I bet your substitutions of ingredients turned out better than the original recipe.
I am pretty sure the original recipe called for more sugar. When I make this next time? I am going to add more peanut butter morsels and less chocolate. Not because I don't like this, but because I think I'd like that better. I also plan to buy vanilla wafers and crush them up as the crust. I even thought of pureeing a banana and adding it to the mix. I was going to do that last night but since this was the first time making this...
@ScribbledAdNauseum So how did it all turn out?
I wrote how it turned out in the post itself. There's also a photo for you to judge or yourself.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I guess I did not see how it turned out.
@Hannihar Sometimes people have trouble seeing the photos when a discussion is first made. I usually refresh and the photo shows up for me. Sometimes it's the browser a person uses. I can't use mylot on firefox as it never works for me. I use opera.
I am glad you posted this because I caught the tail end of Dr. OZ yesterday, and they said they are having a giveaway of these healthy snack bars at noon on his site. This is to the first thousand people...that will go fast I thought they said 10,000 yesterday!
Maybe they mis-spoke? At noon eastern standard? If so I am going to see if I can't win some. I do like healthy snacks.
@snowy22315 Guess what I totally forgot about? Did you remember?
@mythociate (16135)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Be sure to keep that in 'a bowl with a lid' (possibly in the refrigerator) because it'll attract bugs if you keep it out too long. Bugs LOVE peanut-butter ... maybe chocolate too, but bug-traps are often loaded with peanut-butter. When I lived alone, my apartment was frequently infested with bugs I'm pretty-sure that's mostly because I slept on a bare mattress (i.e. no sheet that I could wash between the mattress and my sleeping body), but I'm sure my love for peanut-butter and my general slobbiness helped to attract the bugs
Oh trust me, these went in and stayed in the fridge. I know all about pesky little ants and the such. They will soon swarm the place and it will be a battle to keep them at bay.
@mythociate (16135)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
@ScribbledAdNauseum The handyman at my last apartment (which also got so infested I had to THROW OUT the mattress & move out for them to gut the place ) suggested putting down some Diatomaceous Earth---a powder substance that is--among other things--a good "mechanical insecticide." ... it dehydrates them.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to navigation Jump to search Naturally occurring, soft, siliceous sedimentary rock that is easily crumbled into a fine white to off-white powder A sample of food grade diatomaceous earth Diatomaceous earth ( /da?.
@mythociate I have heard of this. I may have to try that this year. Can this be placed indoors and outdoors? I'd like to place some around the window outside of the kitchen.
I'm a peanut butter addict. Boy, that looks delicious!!!
Peanut Butter is one of my favorites. I had this earlier today and I am going to be bad and have another in a couple of hours. My nephew should be here tomorrow and hopefully he will help me eat these so I won't eat so many.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I'm sure they will go fast when your nephew arrives. You know what they say about boys and their appetites.
@DianneN Actually, my nephew seems to peck at his food. I guess he's taken after my sister, who seems to eat very little from what I hear. I know my brother in law worries about his children's eating habits. You can only do so much to encourage them though. They are getting their nutrients at the very least. I do know my nephew likes reese's peanut butter cups, he should like these.
Sounds interesting, glad it turned out well for you :) Looks good in the photo!
Really delicious, and not overly sweet either. Just the way I like it. Should have added more peanut buter chips though.
@ScribbledAdNauseum that's good that it tasted good, that's always nice
@MommyOfEli2013 I was worried though, since like I said I am not the best at this type of stuff.
They look really good
They are delicious! I am going to have another in just a little while.
@Happy2BeMe Thank You. There is chocolate milk, I may enjoy a cup of it as well. Tomorrow will be an earlier morning than usual, so it will be a nice treat. I'll watch the news and go to bed.
@WiseGhots (2972)
Oh I love it!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate is my favorite combination.
@WiseGhots (2972)
@ScribbledAdNauseum This is a very good combo.
I love the idea of using mixed morsels to those peanut butter bars.
I should have added a few more peanut butter morsels but I know for next time.
So how was it on the "taste scale"?
You know what I was worried about the most? It was the crust. I did so well with the crust. It's not too sweet at all (I didn't measure how much brown sugar I put in it) and it's just the right amount of crumblyness. The filling itself is not too rich or too bitter. It's like goldilocks and "just right". I want to make different versions and sneak in things like banana puree. I have a food processor that I never use and have never used. It was my grandmother's. I think it's about time I figure out how to use it and hide healthy foods into yummy ones.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
They look really good. I think I am making brownies after I get back from town.
They are delicious. I am the only one eating on them at the moment. That might change when the nephew gets here and my uncle gets back. I love brownies, don't make them very often.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@ScribbledAdNauseum one of my coworkers made cheesecake brownies
@thislittlepennyearns Oh I love those, those are delicious.
@oahuwriter (4613)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sounds delicious! Glad they turned out good. I'm researching good and easy sugar free brownie mix. Went to wallmart.com for the latest on Pillsbury sugar free brownie mix hoping to find it cheaper. It's going now for 6.06! So I decided to find out how to bake easier ones. Going to see if you can turn sugar free chocolate cake into brownies.
I hope you succeed. I don't do much baking so I can't offer you any advice. I am going to try to make a few treats that have less sugar. I also want to sneak some pureed fruits into the mix as well, to make it a little healthier.
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@ScribbledAdNauseum Good idea. I might make some crescent filled with fruit for dessert.
@oahuwriter Oh! Those sound really delicious actually. I hope you enjoy them.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I'm also not a great baker. This looks great. It's all about managing things you have and making an eatable miracle
True. It is delicious. I want to make another batch once this is gone, but I will add more peanut butter chips. I also need to get more peanut butter. I need to look at recipes because I want to make it as healthy as possible.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@ScribbledAdNauseum Healthy snacks is not easy to make. Don't give up
@moonandstars Thank You. I am sure some mylotters will be able to help me as well, there's people from all around the world here. I love that about this site. So many helpful people. Ya know?