Party Animal

Our nephew has been visiting since Monday and staying with my brother and sister-in-law. I invited them over for dinner Friday night, yes, our date night, but my nephew is planning on heading back to Miami. He doesn’t start his new job for two weeks. He’s been partying in Miami for weeks now. He is such a party animal and there’s no better place than in Miami. I will only go there for dinner. Those kinds of partying days for me are long over. I enjoy a quiet dinner out with my husband or friends or dinners created by me or my friends at home. An occasional movie and dinner is fine, too. Are you a party animal? ~Photo is mine of a house down the street~
Nope, not a party animal. I don't think I ever was a party animal, but in college I was a party attendee, a rather boring one at that.
Really? I became a party animal in college, and it lasted up until I had the kids. So glad it's out of my system.
@DianneN Yes, you would have been down the road to ruin if you had continued in that manner. An intervention would have been necessary.
@Corbin5 . Quite true, but I still do enjoy a tame party or two every now and then.
@wolfgirl569 (16325)
• Marion, Ohio
I used to be. Still like too every now and then. But just as happy to stay home.
My husband doesn't like it when I'm too much of a party animal. He finds it unbecoming. What a prude!
@wolfgirl569 (16325)
• Marion, Ohio
@DianneN Another thing mine learned to deal with a long time ago.
@wolfgirl569 . We must party together and leave the guys to their own devices. Sports in my husband's case.
@Hate2Iron (8748)
OH Man, I used to be many moons ago.
. Those were the good old days!
I do not socialise any more. The only party that I attend is the one that I organise once a year.
You don't have time to socialize. It takes you an entire year to prepare for one of your famous parties!
@DianneN Not an entire year but six months (lol)
@allknowing I was close. It probably takes you 6 months to recover.
@dodo19 (34670)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Nope. I was never the type to want to party and such. I do enjoy spending time with friends, but there are other ways I enjoy spending time with them and such.
I'd still party with you if I had the chance. I sowed my oats long ago.
@dodo19 (34670)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@DianneN If we had the chance, I'm sure we'd still have lots of fun. Hopefully we can someday.
@dodo19 I know we'd have a wonderful time!!!
@Courage7 (26413)
Yeah right..I am a party animal dont you know. Hahahahah
I love you anyway!
@Courage7 (26413)
@DianneN Thanks love you too Dianne
I have never been a party animal, not even when I was young.
I guess we are not twins, after all.
@LadyDuck That's a relief. Twins again!
@DianneN I stayed away from those parties where some wild guys got drunk and did stupid things.
I like to have company, but of the quiet type. My idea of a good party was last New Year. I went to Marcela´s house (the couple and their 6 year old), Dixie and her husband and I. Even having to stay until past 12 was a little bit difficult.. I used to love partying.
Partying hard is best left for the young! I still enjoy going out, but we have all mellowed over the years.
@DianneN Right. Now I prefer to listen to rock than to dance
@marguicha . I still love to dance.
@DianneN When I was young and younger I used to go out but now I really want a nice quiet life and I am very much a homebody too. Although when I hung out with this person I was gone a lot and really did not feel good that Sophie could not come with me so now I like to hang more at home with her when I can.
I understand. I always miss Doodles when we go out and feel a bit guilty.
@DianneN You have nothing to feel guilty about but I do know the feeling. I feel bad that Sophie cannot come with me but then I think she is free to wander around our home instead of being in a cage.
@wanghui (171)
I always dreaming own a house like that I will stay quiet by only alone,maybe one or two friends. but it is not party time,could be talking or do nothing . How much money could owned a house like that in your country? it is scarce resource in our country.
Yes, I prefer a more quiet time now with a few good friends, too. That is a typical Florida house and very pretty Since it's on the water, I'm guessing it must be around 2 million dollars US. A smaller one next door sold for $1.4 million last year.
@wanghui (171)
@DianneN in our country,general salary about four or five thousands,better work about ten thousands. we own a house in near of beijing city would need around 2 million just for apartment about 80 square meter. i love you environment,there are so many beautiful things around you,the green,the quient,and the nice mood. have a good night~~
@wanghui I've been to China twice and to Beijing. Our tour guide told us how expensive it is to live in the cities and how small the spaces are. I thing most large cities are so expensive. Our son owns a co-op in New York City. It is a bit larger and a bit more expensive. Very difficult for young families to afford. Thanks so much. It's lovely here and we're so thankful to be here, too. Enjoy your house. Many people, even here, can't afford one.
@nela13 (11166)
• Portugal
I enjoy parties a lot but as I think I am not a party animal
. I'm not anymore. Our nephew is still young and cool enough to party.
@nela13 (11166)
• Portugal
@DianneN I slowed down when my kids were born
Having children changes us quickly from partiers to parents immediately!
I was also a party animal when I was in college. Or should I say a disco goer. And I do that with my group of 4 girls. We did that until we were with jobs already. But when I had my husband as boyfriend then, it was lessened with the group but with him only on discos. Btw, that house in the picture is beautiful.
Those were the days and such fun they were! I have lots of good memories, as I'm sure you do, too. I always love looking at that house on my walks. There are many others I love, too. Thanks.
@DianneN So, it's one of those housea you pass by when you go walking.
@SIMPLYD Yes, that’s all. Lol! There are many pretty ones and a few ugly houses.
• Caracas, Venezuela
I wish I could be a party animal. However my consciousness tells me I have to behave and not have that lifestyle. But I say good for him, as long as he's happy and it's safe, I say go for it. Every now and then there's no harm in going crazy, is there? PS: stunning photograph, wonder is it your house Or somebody else's?
He's always been a party animal. It's his personality. His dad was the same way, but not anymore. lol That's a house down the street. We live in a condo here.
• Caracas, Venezuela
@DianneN Wonder how old is your nephew? Yeah I remember that you live in a condo, what a dumb i am haha
@jvicentevalera My nephew is 32. Yes, I live in a condo in Florida, but do have a house up north.
No I had a child at 15 so I never was a party animal..
That would do it.
• San Jose, California
LOL thta didn't happen from being a party animal.
@Aquitaine24 It may have.
@Plethos (12538)
depends on the party.
That's true. A party is what you make of it.
@Plethos (12538)
@DianneN - yeah, sometimes the clothing makes it home , sometimes you just make it home.
@Plethos . I was never that wild! Or at least I wore the same clothes home.
• Peoria, Arizona
My party animal days lasted less than a month, it was only 3 parties and I was over it. Especially when a bad fight broke out and my boyfriend at the time had to break it apart and his glasses were broken. Yeah, I'm good with being a homebody haha
I can see why you are a homebody. My party animal days were rather tame compared to yours.
• Peoria, Arizona
@DianneN Who would have thought a group of nerds could get so aggressive haha
@ilocosboy (41791)
Oh I want to do it now. It's been very long time that I can't even remember the time that I'm party animal. I think it's nice to do it in rare moments.
I do enjoy a nice party, but those loud and crazy days are long over for me.
@ilocosboy (41791)
I can relate to that
When I was young I did but the past 10-11 years I slowed down. Now I focus on home and getting it ready for retirement.
I still enjoy a good party and I'm retired.
@DianneN The older we get the more elegant the parties get, not like the kids getting dog drunk and ripping the house apart.
No party animal here. Never was.
I gathered that. No big deal.
@DianneN i loved sleepovers as a kid / teen, but grew up fast from getting pregnant at 15 and just never cared for partying. Even after she was gone and my life was ruined. Shockingly.
@Courtlynn I am not surprised at all.
Nope those party animal days are long gone for me. However I do remember some wild times back in the good old days.
You’re my kind of girl!
@DianneN I'm not as innocent as I look