My one day trip to Graz (southern Austria)

By SS
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Many people from our country like to visit other, in these case, more western countries, where sales are much bigger than in our country. This is an old tradition and, it's quite fine cause, historically, as two countries, Croatia and Austria, are connected and, there is a high rate of Croatian minority in Austria. My mosly shopping trip (3 hours in a mall, outside the city, then till 3, 5 hours in a city center) was all right. I haven't travelled by bus for a long time so, some of the things I didn't like, like too much heating, yet, shopping was pretty successful. I bought some small to medium black, shiny bag, Harry Potter flannel shirt, green leggings, black smaller boots, a cotton t-shirt and, light purple trousers. I must say, I don't what's wrong this season with H&M and New Yorker products (trousers). They sell M but, it's no longer M. Everythings so tight in waist and legs area and, for me, too skinny. Not so good. I'm bringing you a photo from a city center actually, from a park. Do you like short trips and do you go to other countries for shopping?
@hereandthere (33953)
the lamp post makes me smile because it's so colorful. it's frustrating when clothes are either too small or too large
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I'm glad it brought a smile on your face. I like it as well. It is cause, I had some troubles in past. I often bought things that were bigger for me and now, they are shrinking the clothes. Awful.
@moonandstars i'm annoyed when clothes are marked 'free size'. they're usually for smaller people.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@hereandthere Me too. Put a label or writing, people!
I like to shop when I am in a new place. At least, I can buy clothes that are the craze in that place. That way, when I come back to our place I can tell my friends that it's the craze in that place I visited.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I like the logic behind that. It's hard to find everything in our place and, it's not bad bragging a little
@moonandstars Yes, it's not bragging per se. It's information dessimination that in this country this is the craze.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@sofssu (20220)
I don't like to shop so when I visit some place new I always want to go to places to visit there.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I don't like to shop either but, I had to give in. A new place is always worth of visiting
@sofssu (20220)
@moonandstars as long as you got what you wanted that is good. Are things much cheaper there?
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@sofssu Well, they are. We only have 30-40% sales on clothes and other things (even when Black Friday is on). In Austria, there were sales from 50% and more which, is very nice to see.
Glad you had a good trip and, yes the shorter the better my friend lol.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
You said it all. Thank you
@Moon24 (3609)
• Serbia
Nice photo. I prefer trips on a few days. I have plan to see Vienna this year
@Moon24 (3609)
• Serbia
@moonandstars I hope to see this city. So, you like travel? What are the prices of food and clothes there?
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Moon24 I like short trips. Even though they make me more tired I like going back to my bed and, they are cheapier. I must say that food in a city center, McDonald's and some place with burgers, Burgerista, I think it was the name, were expensive. I don't why I thought that all McDonald's restaurants in Europe are the same; the tea was 2 euros. I think it's cheapier in my country (it has to be). The burgers in Burgerista were much bigger than ones in McDonald's. So, 2 burgers with french fries and free soda and refilling were almost 35 euros. I mean. Fries were bigger and, the burger had it all but, for me, that's very expensive. But, I was in a hurry so, maybe there was something cheaper around the corner but, I'm not sure. Maybe in a shopping mall I would have gone cheaper, I don't know. As for clothes, they had bigger sales than in my country. 50% and more.
@Moon24 (3609)
• Serbia
@moonandstars I want once to go on short trip. I heard there are expencive so it is true. I didn't knew for McDonald's, i thought there are same price everywhere. It is good they have discounts on clothes.
I've been to Austria, but not to Graz. I only bought souvenirs there. H&M clothes are always too small and too tight. Many Europeans I've met come to the US for shopping. I do enjoy shopping in my own country the most.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Where have you been in Austria? They weren't the last time I've been there or I always chose some comfier models so, who knows. That's good to know. In the end, I like shopping in my country as well.
@moonandstars Salzburg and Vienna
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@DianneN I would like to see Salzburg. And, Vienna is a nice jewel
I will definitely say, "Yes."
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
You remind me of Twice (Kband) song, Yes and Yes
@moonandstars I didn't know that you are fond of Kband.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Shavkat I do, I do, I do (Like ABBA song)
@FayeHazel (23410)
Short trips are nice - sometimes I go to other towns for shopping even if they're farther away. It's something to do and a change of scenery. Other countries just too far away, I've never been out of this country. The nearest would be Canada. Ah, don't feel badly - they are shrinking the sizes here too. I went up a size on no account of my own because of this. Case in point. My jeans from last year fit fine. So I simply re-order them in same size, brand and style. The new ones, so tight I can barely button them.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
They are. I had only 1,5 - 2 hours drive by bus from our capital city. Of course. I don't like to go somewhere too far away myself. Really? Gosh. I hate this kind of style. Thanks for understanding me
@FayeHazel (23410)
@moonandstars Oh that's not too bad - hour and half to two hours.... Oh yes, me too. It isn't fair to change sizes on people
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
No close by countries to go shopping, but I do like to go to the city for shopping. Even if you were not happy with the clothes at least you had a little adventure!
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Who said I wasn't happy? There were so many other items and a city center was lovely to see. Of course, it was an advanture
@moonandstars Well you didn't seem to be happy with some of the clothes.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@snowy22315 I expressed my other thoughts but, ok
@Courage7 (26413)
I wish I could go on short trips. Have not been able to for many years now. I hope you enjoyed it but it sounds like no clothes fit lol
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I don't like shopping trips but, I had to go, at least once. 2-way ticket was 15 dollars, which was ok for a 2-hour drive to almost neighbour country. I hope you could, one day. Hey! Only trousers. Actually, I could wear them as well just, I didn't have a skinny model on my mind
@Courage7 (26413)
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
• Algeria
yesss i loveee short trips omgggggggg
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Where to?
• Algeria
@moonandstars short trip in my country like goiung to desert
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@didinedhia Ok, cool
@Nevena83 (10234)
• Serbia
It sounds very good. You bought nice things.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I think so too. Thank you
@Nevena83 (10234)
• Serbia
@moonandstars welcome
yes that is a very colorful lamppost there.I loved it we used to.Make a quick trip to Boston for museum,shopping.Although it is not a country but city. When we were traveling and yes we done a lot of shopping
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
It's really something, I agree. That's nicely played. When you go where to go and what to do
@moonandstars yes very much
@ilocosboy (41791)
I like short trips and I like long trips.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
It's nice to travel, isn't it?
@ilocosboy (41791)
I love travel
I like the colorful lamp post. No, I do not go to other countries to shop. We do go to other towns, though. I hate it when they change the labels for how clothing really fits.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Thank you. I also like how old things are revived Country, towns, it's a nice drive Yes, this trend is getting weird.
No going to another country for shopping here.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
That's good. I think I won't be going for a while.
@skysnap (18915)
I prefer alteast 7 days trip otherwise I don't think my body can like moving faster.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
We all like to do that
@responsiveme (21532)
The styles change and the sizes become different in another style. I have faced that too
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I understand that but trousers and jeans are two different things. I guess, stores doesn't care anymore of their traditions or a real world where ordinary people don't look like anorexic teenage girls. Very bad statement.