Are Single Parents Mean?

@stbrians (16237)
Kakamega, Kenya
They often deny partners a chance. There are many people out there needing spouses. The single parents can delight in others. Children need male and female parents too. Am sorry about gays. They do not raise a family. That is what I think.
@VivaLaDani13 (23614)
• Perth, Australia
@stbrians wow.... Think what you want but wow that's so bloody ignorant.
@stbrians (16237)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Why is it so? I thought they are a bit mean. Or do they live only for their children?
• Perth, Australia
@stbrians How...are parents mean for being single? Parents don't think "oh hey I will just be alone to mistreat my children." People are single for their own personal reasons. Not to be cruel or to hurt the child. I've never heard anything like this before. And being single isn't awful! Some single parents do an amazing job by themselves! Like for real man? And your comment about gays? Grow up.
• Perth, Australia
@stbrians Your physical age doesn't always keep up with your mental age. Man and Man. Woman and Woman. Man and Woman. Single. It doesn't matter. It depends on the individual human being on whether or not they can handle raising a child. Whether a parent has a partner or not, if they look after that child and raise them well, then that is awesome. Some people do not deserve to be called a parent. But not due to their sexuality. It's all down to their hearts and skills. Not who they may or may not be with.
@Namelesss (1921)
• Thomasville, Georgia
Single parents are Tired, Frustrated, often Depressed. Wait! Even couple parents are all those things. I wouldn't judge them. Being single raising a family is hard work. I applaud single parents who do it anyway with love, kindness and more patience than I sometimes think is possible. When you've lived a bit more you'll develop a deeper understanding of those different from yourself.
@stbrians (16237)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Very well put my dear. We cannot understand all things. It is good to understand about others.
• Perth, Australia
@stbrians Am I misunderstanding or did you just suggest to understand others after you made a remark about how gays can not raise a family?
@stbrians (16237)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@VivaLaDani13 No harm done. Just meditating on the idea of children
My dad raised me and my sister, he was never mean and he dated. Gay people have children, how come you do not know that?
Single parents are not always single by choice. Because their children only have them they have to be particularly careful about who is around their children since they are the only ones around to protect them. If they seem standoffish I believe stress is a big factor.
I agree with @Namelesss, growing kids being single is a hard work and I know many single mothers who did a great job. My cousin is a "single mother", because her husband cheated her and abandoned the family when her daughter was only 3 month old? Does she makes her a mean mother? She is better than many married mothers.
@skysnap (18915)
single parenting leads to kids doing wrong stuff in society and often the most criminal and bad people come from single parents.
@stbrians (16237)
• Kakamega, Kenya
It happens that kids need both parents to grow well
So you are saying a lack of guidance? Nowadays everyone works so the children are still alone to raise themselves. I was raised by one man, and I was NEVER a criminal.
• Perth, Australia
@andriaperry Same with me! I was raised by my dad cause my mum walked out when I was young and I have never done a crime!
@MissNikki (2899)
• Maple Ridge, British Columbia
What the actual eff ... Don't even know how to respond to this mess.
@Ladanger (4589)
Same here because people like that never understand
@Ladanger (4589)
Some gays make better parents than male and females.
It doesn't matter if a child has one parent, or two. That does not determine how a child will turn out.
@DWDavis (16240)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
In 15 years of working in public education, primarily in low income/poverty-stricken schools, at which 1/2 or more of the students were being raised by single parents, I did see some isolated incidents of "mean" single parents who cared more about themselves and their personal gratification than they did their children, but these were few and far between. From my experience of meeting and getting to know these single parents, for most of them, being a single parent wasn't what they planned. However, they had a difficult time finding a person to share their life with who was willing to suddenly become a parent to a child or children not their own. If anyone was being mean, it wasn't the single parents; it was the potential partners of those single parents who lacked the patience and compassion to accept both the parent and the children.
Exactly. I'm thinking maybe single parents are accepted in this persons country only. Maybe single mamas need to head over to Kenya if they want to start over
Once upon a time in Kenya a child born out of wedlock was a sure way to have a woman ‘excommunicated.’
@cupkitties (7614)
Actually single parents aren't mean to turn down partners. Maybe some kids are better off with two parents in their lives. It doesn't mean the parent needs to run off with the first person that smiles and gives them a cookie. Single parents have to be more careful than anybody if they choose to settle down
@Janet357 (7576)
Not all. But i know a single parent who is really really mean.
@Acefun (945)
Single parent is not mean in any way. It is just a different lifestyle compare to a complete family. Single parent needs to be patient and concentrate more on their family so that the family bond will still intact throughout the children growth journey. Every of the home task need to handle by the single parent and probably distribute to their children when they growth up. Just want to salute to single parent who able to take care of their family well and healthy.
@amirev777 (3741)
I do not have any kids, so I cannot comment. I was raised by both my parents, and I had my ups and downs in my life.
@JESSY3236 (8056)
My best friend is a single mother. Her boyfriend cheated on her. They often argued over stupid stuff so I'm glad they didn't get married. My best friend is not mean.
• Austin, Texas
Are single parents? How did they get to be a single parent? The answer to this question can't be a simple Yes or No.
• Walnut Creek, California
Gays can raise families. I've worked with several kids whose parents were gay or lesbian.
You actually have a good idea of a happy family and life but sadly, it’s not all roses for most. Although, I do not agree that individuals are mean because they’re single or that a person(couple)of homosexuality can not raise a family(that’s pretty mean). Parents aren’t mean, just plain miserable & demeaning people are.