Daughter pulled me out of another mess

@sallypup (30628)
Moses Lake, Washington
I am not a computer nerd. Not me. I don't even have a smart phone. A couple of weeks ago I received that intriguing e-mail from a site that I have participated in: you!! Yes you!! You have won a two hundred and fifty dollar gift card. I never win anything. I mean it. Never. I thought about how I could use that cash toward bettering the house that we're buying. Tried to use it as a gift card with Home Depot. It would not work. I called the company. They said that it was not a scam but now the money was bound up cause of my trying to buy something through H D. Wait a week. I contacted my daughter. She examined the set of numbers that I sent her. She said to use it as a debit card. Not a gift card. Oh. Yesterday the 250.00 appeared again when I inquired about the balance on the e-card. I followed daughter's instructions about Amazon.com. Amazon accepted the card right off. So now a pretty black arched gate will be shipped to the house that we are buying! There isn't a picket fence there yet but there is now a part of one. And the part did not bend our finances. Not one bit. I'm so relieved for my daughter's abilities to pull me out of another cyber mess.
@CarolDM (12082)
That is great to have your daughter help you figure it out.
@sallypup (30628)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CarolDM It sure is. I called and the folks on the other end of the line kept saying that it wasn't a scam. There really was money. It was hard to believe.
@CarolDM (12082)
@sallypup So glad it is resolved now, so many scams out there.
@sallypup (30628)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CarolDM I know. Its hard to know who to believe these days.
@wolfgirl569 (16167)
• Marion, Ohio
Congrats on winning and figuring out how to use it.
@sallypup (30628)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@wolfgirl569 Our last quote on getting a fence put up for that bit of land was thousands more than we want to spend. Even getting the gate is a win.
@wolfgirl569 (16167)
• Marion, Ohio
@sallypup Fencing has got to be very high. Especially the decorative types. I was thinking chain link for the pond until I ran an estimate calculator and seen how much just for the fence and rails.
@sallypup (30628)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@wolfgirl569 I am being a butt and saying we must have what I guess is spear point fencing for the front of the house- cemetery fencing- but aluminum. Wrought iron is out of sight. This will for sure not be a cheap choice but the house will not look good with chain link all the way round.
Oh my gosh that is awesome news! I thought for sure it was a scam when I read the title and the start of the post. I'm so happy for you!
@sallypup (30628)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@shaggin Thanks. I continue to be in shock about my winning something. Supposedly the gate will be at the house by next Friday. I'm itching to hear from the renter.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
It's always good to ask for a help to get a second opinion. Congrats on your new gate
@sallypup (30628)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@moonandstars Thank you. You are right. Its good to be humble.
@Courage7 (26125)
Good daughter bless her.
Good for you and what a great way to use the money. Thanks heavens for daughters - and sons.
Congrats, glad your gal could help ya.
@iamdahmmy (930)
• Lagos, Nigeria
I'm happy it was resolved..
Those kids of ours do come in handy, a lot!!!