Do you use mouthwash?

@dya80dya (8940)
Romania
I am using mouthwash as part of my dental hygiene routine. I read that mouthwash without alcohol is better. Even if I am using mouthwash I have lots of cavities. I am not sure if using it is good for my teeth. I think that a natural mouthwash is much better than a conventional one. Some dentists recommend it and other don't use it or recommend it. Some articles said that using mouthwash can cause more cavities. I don't know which is the truth. Do you use mouthwash?
I do actually..My last dental check up wasn't that great and she said I need to use mouthwash twice a day..I don't mind, and I think my teeth are whiter so win, win.
@dya80dya I don;t know if it has it or not
@Nevena83 (10234)
• Serbia
Yes, I always use it.
@dya80dya (8940)
And do you feel that it helps you?
@Nevena83 (10234)
• Serbia
@dya80dya hmmm I do not know
@Moon24 (3609)
• Serbia
I also. But i don't know is helps someting.
@Courage7 (26413)
Oh yes Listerine is what I use and it kills a lot of germs. A dentist here told me to use that brand is best.
@Moon24 (3609)
• Serbia
I also use Listerine.
No, I do not use mouthwash.
@simplfred (6576)
I use mouthwash but very rarely not as regular as toothpaste.
I try not to constantly use the commercially prepared mouth washes as the chemicals are worse than the ingredients in there to combat bacteria SO I swish my mouth with 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 cup baking soda in warm filtered water . . .
I do use mouthwash but not as regularly as I probably should
@Ladanger (4588)
I have used mouthwash only a few times to make my mouth feel fresh. Never knew it was reccomend. I have cavaties since i was a kid. Eating to much candy.
@florelway (1066)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I don't use mouthwash, but if I have a sore throat I use a doctored prescribed gargle. I do not know if mouthwash is good for teeth, it it has a mentholated sweet taste, it could have some sugar which may contribute to cavities.
My dentist said it was more important to brush and floss my teeth. It was okay to use mouthwash but he didn't seem very enthused about it.
Right after brushing my teeth, I usually use a mouthwash. I must admit that it is my ritual every day.
@Moon24 (3609)
• Serbia
Yes, i use. I didn't know some articles said that mouthwash can cause more cavities. Sometimes i use hydrogene perocside.
My dentist said not to use it so I stopped. I began washing my mouth out with peroxide and that will be forever for me. It's better than mouth wash.