Smoking Strikes Back to You!

During my days working in the hospital, I had seen some of my patients who are inflicted with different types of carcinoma or cancer and it is related to smoking cigarettes. Sometimes ex-smokers will still have the bad effects of it, despite stopping to smoke. It is because the damaged lungs' cells were irreversible, that depends on how long they've been dependent on smoking. It is not guaranteed that you are saved or be fine after quitting it. However, we still need to cut it off to prevent from having secondary complications. 'Do you smoke? If yes, how many sticks of cigarettes you puff per day?' If no, how will you encourage smokers to stop smoking?' Image Credit: i.gifer.com
@hillhjill (11641)
Unfortunately I do, but not much. A pack could last me 3 days. My daddy smoked all his life and when he quit he went down hill.
Do you have any plans to quit in the future? I know that it is not easy to quit. I am sure your dad had his tough time stopping it.
@hillhjill (11641)
@Shavkat I'm wanting to yes, my dad did have a hard time, but he passed away 6 years ago.
@dragon54u (31664)
You are young, you can do it!! I'm 64 and smoked 40 years. I'm just waiting for Medicare to kick in to find out just how much damage it did--my insurance was cancelled when the ACA passed and insurance prices soared. Tests are too costly for me. But..you will quit when you are ready and not before. I just happened to be ready after 40 years. I tried to quit before but didn't really want to. I hope you will quit. Even though you're not a heavy smoker, it still damages your lungs and other organs.
I take carre of a stage 4 non small cell lung cancer patent 24/7 I know about what smoking does too.
It is really hard to see them suffer for such disease. We cannot even maintain empathy and it still grows to be sympathetic in dealing with the patient and even the rest of the family members.
I've never smoked but I love standing next to someone who does. Luckily I don't often get the chance to do this.
Can I ask why you wanted to stand next to a smoker? I got curious about it
@Shavkat I love breathing in the smoke. I think if I had ever started smoking, I would have found it very hard to give it up.
@JudyEv I think that would be 5x at risk to have a lung disease. A second-hand smoker is always at risk.
@1hopefulman (36170)
I smoked when I was young but have not smoked in 49 years. I hope my example has helped someone.
I am sure the readers will be able to learn something from it. That it is possible to quit smoking
@1hopefulman (36170)
@Shavkat It's not easy but it can be done. It makes no sense to breathe smoke.
@1hopefulman I hope the other factors like air pollution need to be solved
@Janet357 (7576)
I never smoke.
Good for you, my friend. I hope smokers haven't tried it in the first place.
@Janet357 (7576)
@Shavkat yes, it will never not do any good to you.
@Janet357 Indeed. I hope this posted discussion will be seen by others around the globe
@ilocosboy (41791)
I don't smoke but either to encourage someone to stop their vices because its their choices. They have some reason why they smoke. Of course, park on your risk.
I do think it is fine to give advice. It is up to them if they will stop or not. The mere fact, it is not advisable to give advice to those people who are not close to us.
@ilocosboy (41791)
Yes you have the point
I never started smoking because I think people that smoke stink and their home stinks of smoke. It is nasty.
You had described it well. I have a friend that smokes like a smoke machine. His place is so smelly. I can't stand staying inside the house and prefer to stay in the veranda.
@Shavkat No, I do not smoke but I get a lot of 2nd hand smoke in my face. I hate that I do not smoke but I have to inhale or smell smoke from those that have to smoke.