OH MY GOD!!!!!

@wolfgirl569 (19021)
Marion, Ohio
There is a snow storm coming. I did not even think about it when I first headed into town this morning. But once I got to Sav-A-Lot I did. First it was a lot busier than normal. Then when I got inside I was seeing some empty shelves. The first was a very small selection of bananas. So I glanced at lunch meat just out of curiosity. It was low too. Canned goods were not too bad. But cereal was getting very low. Hubby wanted a box. Sodas of course had sold heavy. Cant do without that while snowed in. I was surprised at the milk as there was plenty of it. I did not think to look at eggs since I never buy them. But the bread racks were completely empty there. Next stop was Walmart. Once again very busy for the time of day and week. But the shelves did have a little bit more on them as I first started shopping. Until I got to the freezer area. Pizzas were almost sold out. So I hope the ones that bought those have gas stoves. If the electric goes out they wont be able to cook them. Bread was getting low but they did still have some. Still glad I went today for my regular shopping trip. Tomorrow will be even worse. The snow is supposed to get here Saturday morning. I dont buy anything different as I own cast iron pans. If need be I can cook on an open flame with those.
It will be rainy for us down here in NC. Hope you've got all the things you need, but I also hope it won't be as bad as they predict.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
I would love to see no snow.
We are expecting the same thing here in Kansas City, Missouri and we just had a snow storm a week ago! We had lost power and everything and now here we go again lol And our grocery stores are empty too, crazy huh
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
We had snow last weekend to, but not enough to be a big problem. This one is supposed to drop a lot more on us. Especially when winter gets here I try to just make sure I have food in the house as I do my regular shopping.
@wolfgirl569 we try to do the same :)
• Rupert, Idaho
Hopefully the storm won't be too bad! Winter just needs to be done with already! Not sure what we are supposed to be getting, but I hope no snow as Sunday I hope to go out of town. That's good that you got some stuff you need and everything though!
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
I got my shopping done for the next 2 weeks.
• Rupert, Idaho
@wolfgirl569 That is good to hear!
No idea what we'll be getting, as they've said snow, rain, mix / sleet. So just have to wait and see. But we have bread, chips, other snacks, plenty of soda and water. Plus milk. And i want to make chocolate chip cookies either tonight or tomorrow night. So although we wont have meals, we'll have something. Whether we have a storm, and lose power, or not.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
I think we are far enough north that we will get mostly if not all snow.
@wolfgirl569 that's how it use to be here, many years ago.
We are suppose to get hit too on Sunday evening into Monday.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope it isnt too bad for either of us.
@wolfgirl569 I hope it passes right on by
that's what they keep saying.but i bet we'll just get rain as usual.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
I am hoping not to get any. But not worried if we do.
Same here people hear snow they clean the shelves, me? Nope because like you I know how to cook without power or a gas stove. Those people maybe in apartments and cant cook no where.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
I just keep thinking do they really eat out that much too. I almost never need bread or milk just because a storm is coming. I always have some unless it is almost time to do a grocery run again.
It seems people really stock up if they think the weather is coming in. Of course, it only makes sense but bad weather never closes our shops.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
Most places will be open here too. But it might be hard to get too them and if the electric goes out that will stop them from selling.
Weather seems to dictate your shopping pattern. Glad that you were satisfied with your booty.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
It dont change what I buy, but many people it does.
A run on pizzas. Who knew.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
That was the surprising item to me.
@CarolDM (15476)
Glad you have your skillets, you are prepared. Stay warm.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
I almost always use cast iron or glass anyways. The cast iron is safe everywhere except the microwave
@hillhjill (15461)
We have a storm coming in also and went to save a lot and the bread was all gone along with cheese and milk, but I was able to get a loaf from there so I'm good lol.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you got some.
@myklj999 (23404)
• Olney, Illinois
I think we are just south of the storm track, our forecast calls for a 'wintry mix' with a possible 1-3 inches accumulation.
@Tracy04 (12033)
Sav-a-lot is a mart? Sorry not familiar with that name.
@KristenH (26008)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Good think you've stockpiled your groceries for this weekend and next week Eva. Stay safe and dry.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
I am good for the next 2 weeks. I hope too stay in mostly.
@KristenH (26008)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@wolfgirl569 Same here. Church is questionable, depending if I can get a ride.
Well, I hope that the snow won't be too bad.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
They keep changing the amounts for us. Nature will let us know soon.
How much snow are you expecting there? Ours will be primarily rain, but they say it could end as a glaze of ice.
@wolfgirl569 (19021)
• Marion, Ohio
It keeps changing. Even tonight they said 4 or so then upped it more. My weather app says less than an inch.